What is a DST confession you have?

I don't like "building" games, DST is the only exception because there is a deep strategy and adventure roguelike way to play the game.

I also don't like basebuilding in DST. I only put effort into it, while in multiplayer games for the common cause. When I play alone my bases are tiny and messy.

I have a bad habit of using cheats that i developed back when i was a noob. When I was a noob I always was on Godmode and spawned like 10 houndius shootiuses (shootii?) to guard my base. While I no longer spawn game-breaking materials and I dont stay on Godmode, I often enable and disable supergodmode to top off my stats after a combat or when I'm too busy working on a build to worry about food. I really need to get out of the habit of using cheats but idk how.

2 minutes ago, Blue Moth said:

I really need to get out of the habit of using cheats but idk how.

Oh boy I had this same issue too! One thing I always found helpful was to have another person you trust (in this case it was my BF) to re-bind the developers console button to a random one that you would never know about. Way easier to not go searching through the options to change it than to live with the temptation at your fingertips in my opinion

I craft random Carrat backpacks and leave them laying around all over the map (mostly hidden barely visible in a bush or inside a Beefalo horde) to shock or surprise random people who join game, because as much as I Hated how long year of the Carrat event lasted.. I actually ended up missing the event once it was over- and so NOW my Carrat Backpack is close enough to having real Carrat follow me around loyally and giving me a pouch full of goodies.

I once asked a newish player on a public server to come on my boat to lunar island. Once he hopped off I moved the boat just enough so that he couldn't get back on then said gtg and disconnected. I'm hoping he was being annoying and I did that as revenge but I honeslty can't remember.

When i play on pubs usually i get the impression that other people might (an probably) think i am an a**hole because of how short I stay online due to my inconsistent gaming schedule.

In my 600 hours of playing i have never had an eyebrella on my head in a pub server. Everyone rushes to grab the eye every time deerclops dies

I've wasted materials trying to have fun when i got bored 3 times (like trying teleport a rockjaw into a room full of gunpowder then blowing it up, making a grass wall that spells L and burning it, etc) (3 out of 3 times i got sh*t on by this one veteran for wasting.(im still not sure why he took this so seriously, it was a 4000 day old endless server and there were mountains of resources)).

I'm not good at fighting. I've never bothered to learn. This goes for RoG and DST.

I can survive just fine and be perfectly happy doing so. I ditch Deerclops if I don't have something else to kill her. Hounds are handled with whatever mob I can convince them to bite while I hide in a bush hat. Day 250+, still a bush in the web for doggos.

49 minutes ago, Ryne21 said:

I get really annoyed whenever my friends using cheese and exploits on my server :|| is it too weird ?

nah, I also dislike cheesing to be frequently used on bosses that are possible to kill legitimatly (afw, clops, klaus, bq, etc) But then again bosses that cheese you like crab king and misery deserve to be cheesed.

There was one Willow player on pubs that had a bad time surviving, she would constantly ask for help. One time she said she was hungry and I gave her a monster lasagna that I somehow screwed up. She actually ate it and died in the procedure. I felt a bit guilty and chuckled at the same time.

Archived