What is a DST confession you have?

I can't stand with vanilla maps, I just can't play the game without my custom worldgen files... cause I know so much things are missing and I'm looking to play for a long time in the same world, so I need pretty much everything to be good.

Sometime I play with friends so I have to be the host to have the good maps, most of them know about the modifications and they enjoy it, but when I play with someone new, I'm always asked why the map has hundreds of unusual things, and I'm like : ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ that's my luck.

I enjoy to read chatlog and stalking people whipser, especially when commotions are happening. (Drama is good when it is not form you)

I dislike greatly when DST elites used made up in-game achievement to derail a thread, instead of doing constructive criticism. Not everything is about noob vs pro problem.

I've never actually bothered defeating the Crab King and I don't plan on doing it, unless I'm in a late-game server with a moderate amount of people. 

I'm definitely more ashamed of this one, but sometimes I do use cheats for convenience, for example if I've lost my only walking cane due to dropping it while fighting moose geese, instead of spending a lot of time looking for it everywhere, I spawn another one in. 

Instead of using console worlds, my first attemps killing raid bosses was in a world i had and doing tons of rollbacks and watching joescoolstuff to know the pattern (in the middle of the fight i was so nervious that i dont get what to do by my own)

Atleast now i only use rollback if something thst will make me grind to much happen but is not a usual thing, just when im not in mood

Last week i died by a spider

20 minutes ago, Charlie Dark said:

Would you like to see a magic trick...? 

Hide contents

It's not cheating, I swear! It's... just... improvising!

pump.thumb.PNG.e5c037541f466cee1ebdacd97652a82a.PNG

I'm usually not one for effortless cheese strategies though. :s

It's why for example I don't like to use the pillars or graves against Ancient Guardian in solo worlds. I find kiting fun.

Without my own custom character I would've probably quit long ago.

Also I can't have fun on public servers. The prospect that I'm only going to stay there a couple days just makes the task seem pointless.

Also I don't like caves and keep them disabled on my local.

ok some other confessions i forget to say in previous comment:
>i keep 1800 spools for webber's rework so i can weave webber survivor set
>even tho i like fighting bosses i can't fight against any boss besides raid bosses or mini-bosses (treeguard, spider queen etc.)

On the first boat ride I ever captained. I ordered a willow and a wendy to help me prepare. They worked so hard. Wendy was collecting seeds to eat that she collected all autumn and willow gathered a lot of wood from the other players as per my instruction. 

They were both so excited and we were all prepared with food, each of them also collecting food for me.

I sailed around to get a feel for everything and when I felt comfortable, I told them both to get on the boat and wendy also managed to get chester as well.

From the moored position, I forgot to make the sails face outward from the shore after the test ride and the boat exploded. 

I consider myself a very insensitive player. I put on the wigfrid helmet at night when others rely on me for light and I pocket torches and watch everyone die to charlie, I give fake directions for base and even get people on my server to do nothing but make boards. I don't feel bad for these.

But I'll never forget how horrible I feel as a captain making that boat explode when those two did so much work.

I lied to a good friend. 

The first day boats came out of the beta I went on and streamed to a friend so I could show off my main 952 day world. Trying to look pro, I made a boat, placed a sail.. The wrong way around. The thing smacked into the border of the island a few times and before I noticed what was going on, I was dead. I told the friend I had 'connection problems' (Think OH MY GOD THE LAG THIS IS UNPLAYABLE SEND HELP I NEED A GROWNUP.. Very theatrical -.-) and didn't play for three weeks after. Sorry buddy. That was not a connection problem.. Twas me. 

- I don't usually play online multiplayer games.  But this is a good thing because I find the DST community is generally less toxic and much more friendly than that of other online communities.

- I have yet to beat vanilla.

-I truly do like Wilson, but sometimes I just feel too lazy to be bothered to learn anyone else.

This is rather unusual, but this is a pretty big issue of mine.
In my world that's nearing 8000 days, I have consistently done the ruins at least once a year. In the last 1700 days or so I've actually consistently done the ruins twice in a single year, regenerating them in the middle of summer and the middle of autumn ( for clearing out in early Summer). Many might find that extremely repetitive, but I honestly enjoy it quite a bit. It's a fun pastime, and honestly it's either that or sitting at the oasis for 2 hours when summer rolls around.
So that's fine and good, but I have a pretty major issue. Aside from the horns, and maybe trinkets for antlion, I rarely craft or use ancient tier items.

• Bone armor is my armor of choice, so thulecite suits are out of the picture.
  • Thulecite crowns are better, but bone armor blocks 95% of hits I usually take, and I break crowns so infrequently I actually get a net positive from the ancient guardian chest alone.
  • Thulecite clubs are just iffy for me. I do not enjoy the cost of the weapon (3 living logs is really high for a weapon, to the point where a construction amulet only drops it to 2) And a weapon that's only slightly better then a dark sword (which is both obtainable earlier in the game, and can be crafted on the go) is a very hard point for me to value. In addition, I value durability much more then the damage a weapon can dish out in most cases, and while 200 is okay, it's not nearly as good as something like a SW obsidian spear, which has 375.
  • Yellow gem items are practically never made. You realistically only need a few magis max, and the guardian again drops star callers, which I really only use for klaus or winter tasks, and occasionally the moon caller staff when I do nearly use it all.
  • Lazy Explorers for similar reasons, except once I found out that the shadow thurible works against the weaver to avoid the cage I have used my Lazy Explorer 4 times: first 2 I can't recall, one was a misclick, and one was to specifically get onto a boat after it moved too far away. Foragers are pretty much used for salt mining, filtering items (especially stone fruit sprouts!), and for cave holes (which I feel like are undervalued, given the effort for the gain). I make one around every 5 years or so, so it's not often.
  • Green gems are the only gem I haven't realistically lacked use out of. I've used them constantly for duping boss drops (mainly scales for scaled flooring for my Webber turf art, and shroom skin because you can't make me kill misery toad 51 times for a reasonable supply of lamps), and for other niche applications. You get to a point where it's reasonable to deconstruct wax paper from klaus into honeycomb, and the absurd amount of ruins I have done easily allows me to upkeep the costs. It's also the only staff that isn't dropped by the guardian, so I actually do make more of those, and is the primary use of my living logs.
  • Thulecite walls are my main sink of thule right now, since I line my roads with them. I think they look alright, and for a 1 to 6 ratio that can technically be refunded it's an alright trade. I have currently finished all of my roads though, so the thule sink has stagnated a bit
  • Medallions are medallions, although I will admit I want to do something involving cave decor with them one day. Pick/axe falls into the same category: practically decorational, but could make a good piece.
  • The houndius is the only item I realistically can't make 400 of at once. I use them at around the rate I get them, and while extremely pricey and completely unnecessary, the amount of overkill it provides is worthwhile for me, and it's nice to do projects most people wouldn't at 7000+ days in : P

As a result of this, my ruins supplies are, well, a little absurd:

• In terms of Thulecite, I currently have 18+ entire chests of thule, and 4+ gift wrapped chests of thule. That’s over six thousand individual pieces...
  • I currently am to the point where I have over 3 chests of both orange gems and yellow gems, and over 2 chests of green gems, given that I actually try to use those.
  • The amount of wires/melty marbles/gears/whatever is in the moleworm burrows slightly terrifies me, given how infrequent I go and pick up those types of loot. The moleworms are likely the only thing that haven't resulted in them lagging terribly, due to the amount of items on the ground.
  • Speaking of lagging items, nightmare fuel is the only item that can't be picked up by moleworms that can slowly but surely amass. While most people usually could use nightmare fuel, the combo of me both not using dark swords often and rarely making nightmare fuel crafts in general actually gives me more fuel then I would use, and I usually don't pick up more once my personal stack is full. It actually did get to the point where I dedicated an in between trip between ruins regens to just pick up nightmare fuel. Here's the haul I ended up from that:
Spoiler

Fuel.png.d29596386721722207fbb752998a7d56.png

And yet, while that did help, I am slowly getting to the point where I am going to have to do that again soon enough.

• Purple gems are an item I haven't realistically obtained a huge surplus of despite constantly killing bishops, but I do slowly stockpile those. Even then, focuses can burn though them surprisingly fast, so I actually haven't obtained an absurd excess of those. I did originally not pick them up though, so that does contribute to the black hole moleworm burrows.

So yeah, I end up having a ridiculous excess of almost every ruins item ever. It's an odd feeling that I know I shouldn't have a huge excess, but at the same time I don't really need anything from the station either, aside from the green gem items and the houndius. Even if I really don't need anything, I'll still do it since I still find it fun, and it never hurts to do them!

Pardon another post, but I forgot to drop this gem:

I'll start off by saying that I'm a woman and I really don't care if people refer to me as a dude [especially since I main Wilson, so people tend to assume I'm male].  It doesn't bother me, so I never bothered to correct anyone.

That was my first mistake.

My creative server was getting pretty popular and I had quite a few regulars; we were pretty tight.  Well, one of them was a young lady and a Wilson shipper.  So that combined with the fact that she didn't know I was female led to some unfortunate drama and made me feel like a jerk for having disappointed her [although in my defense, my Steam profile lists my actual name, which is feminine].

But the second mistake I made was not saying anything sooner.

I honestly didn't think I'd ever hurt anyone by not revealing my gender in an online game.  I figured it was just because she shipped Wilson and as long as I didn't feed into it, things would be fine.

Lesson learned: be more open with your online peeps.

Archived