Owlrus

What is a DST confession you have?

ADM    8422

I can't stand with vanilla maps, I just can't play the game without my custom worldgen files... cause I know so much things are missing and I'm looking to play for a long time in the same world, so I need pretty much everything to be good.

Sometime I play with friends so I have to be the host to have the good maps, most of them know about the modifications and they enjoy it, but when I play with someone new, I'm always asked why the map has hundreds of unusual things, and I'm like : ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ that's my luck.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Spool 1

viberr    1211

malbatross is one of my favourite bosses (like either 2nd or 3rd)i can give reasons on why i like the boss but i cant be bothered 

• Like 3

Pinegrove    1748

I've never actually bothered defeating the Crab King and I don't plan on doing it, unless I'm in a late-game server with a moderate amount of people. 

I'm definitely more ashamed of this one, but sometimes I do use cheats for convenience, for example if I've lost my only walking cane due to dropping it while fighting moose geese, instead of spending a lot of time looking for it everywhere, I spawn another one in. 

Edited by Pinegrove
  • Like 3

ArubaroBeefalo    7774

Instead of using console worlds, my first attemps killing raid bosses was in a world i had and doing tons of rollbacks and watching joescoolstuff to know the pattern (in the middle of the fight i was so nervious that i dont get what to do by my own)

Atleast now i only use rollback if something thst will make me grind to much happen but is not a usual thing, just when im not in mood

Last week i died by a spider

Edited by ArubaroBeefalo
  • Like 1
  • Wavey 1

Terra B Welch    5853

Another confession, I've never solo killed the Ancient Fuelweaver, it is the one boss I've not done so. My attenton span combined with my slow-go playing always makes me stop just before.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Serena Tsukino    5332
56 minutes ago, Terra B Welch said:

Another confession, I've never solo killed the Ancient Fuelweaver.

Would you like to see a magic trick...? 

Spoiler

It's not cheating, I swear! It's... just... improvising!

pump.thumb.PNG.e5c037541f466cee1ebdacd97652a82a.PNG

• Potato Cup 3

Terra B Welch    5853
20 minutes ago, Charlie Dark said:

Would you like to see a magic trick...? 

Hide contents

It's not cheating, I swear! It's... just... improvising!

pump.thumb.PNG.e5c037541f466cee1ebdacd97652a82a.PNG

I'm usually not one for effortless cheese strategies though. :s

It's why for example I don't like to use the pillars or graves against Ancient Guardian in solo worlds. I find kiting fun.

• Like 1

Serena Tsukino    5332
1 minute ago, Terra B Welch said:

I'm usually not one for effortless cheese strategies though. :s

It's why for example I don't like to use the pillars or graves against Ancient Guardian in solo worlds. I find kiting fun.

So be it... 

Well-met    5066

Without my own custom character I would've probably quit long ago.

Also I can't have fun on public servers. The prospect that I'm only going to stay there a couple days just makes the task seem pointless.

Also I don't like caves and keep them disabled on my local.

Edited by Well-met
  • Like 2

wons    502

ok some other confessions i forget to say in previous comment:
>i keep 1800 spools for webber's rework so i can weave webber survivor set
>even tho i like fighting bosses i can't fight against any boss besides raid bosses or mini-bosses (treeguard, spider queen etc.)

• Like 1
  • Spool 1

chirsg    539

On the first boat ride I ever captained. I ordered a willow and a wendy to help me prepare. They worked so hard. Wendy was collecting seeds to eat that she collected all autumn and willow gathered a lot of wood from the other players as per my instruction. 

They were both so excited and we were all prepared with food, each of them also collecting food for me.

I sailed around to get a feel for everything and when I felt comfortable, I told them both to get on the boat and wendy also managed to get chester as well.

From the moored position, I forgot to make the sails face outward from the shore after the test ride and the boat exploded. 

I consider myself a very insensitive player. I put on the wigfrid helmet at night when others rely on me for light and I pocket torches and watch everyone die to charlie, I give fake directions for base and even get people on my server to do nothing but make boards. I don't feel bad for these.

But I'll never forget how horrible I feel as a captain making that boat explode when those two did so much work.

• Haha 4

noeticmoose    285

- I don't usually play online multiplayer games.  But this is a good thing because I find the DST community is generally less toxic and much more friendly than that of other online communities.

- I have yet to beat vanilla.

-I truly do like Wilson, but sometimes I just feel too lazy to be bothered to learn anyone else.

• Like 3

mac and cheese    626

I've never defeated any of the major bosses. ^^'  To be fair, I haven't played through any of my DST words long enough for Deerclops to spawn, and it just never happened in my singleplayer worlds, but I've always been too nervous to try and fight Dragonfly or Bee Queen. 

• Health 1

noeticmoose    285

Pardon another post, but I forgot to drop this gem:

I'll start off by saying that I'm a woman and I really don't care if people refer to me as a dude [especially since I main Wilson, so people tend to assume I'm male].  It doesn't bother me, so I never bothered to correct anyone.

That was my first mistake.

My creative server was getting pretty popular and I had quite a few regulars; we were pretty tight.  Well, one of them was a young lady and a Wilson shipper.  So that combined with the fact that she didn't know I was female led to some unfortunate drama and made me feel like a jerk for having disappointed her [although in my defense, my Steam profile lists my actual name, which is feminine].

But the second mistake I made was not saying anything sooner.

I honestly didn't think I'd ever hurt anyone by not revealing my gender in an online game.  I figured it was just because she shipped Wilson and as long as I didn't feed into it, things would be fine.

Lesson learned: be more open with your online peeps.

Edited by noeticmoose
Grammar
  • Health 2