What is a DST confession you have?

6 minutes ago, Charlie Dark said:

I... accidentally perished in a pathetic way and lost my Maxwell friend's Codex Umbra in a fire... He'll think I'm a terrible assistant! If he ever comes back that is... Bad ping/internet connection has put sooo many obstacles in my friendships... 

Ping/internet putting obstacles in the way of friendship..

*Ping/Internet putting Obstacles in the way-

Yeah... That’s number -7 on my confession list, I’ve survived massive Hound waves on low health by running away from them only to be lagged right back dead center of the whole pup gang and then die immediately.

I never play Vanilla DST nowadays. I only hop on a pub when there's a new update or something.

Uncomp is pretty much the only reason why I'm sticking around, which hurts to say since DST is easily my favorite game.

I don't want to let go...

One of the main reasons I play DST is that there are other players, which leads to a lot of fun and doesn't make me feel so lonely in the wilderness, even if they don't talk at all. My longest solo world was 40 days on PS4 for a trophy...

On 9/17/2020 at 11:17 PM, AlternateMew said:

I really don't see anything wrong with this. Perhaps because I'm the same. If people get moody when they find out the person behind the screen has a different gender than they expected, that's on them. not you.

I get called a guy all the time and I've only ever made a correction once, maybe twice? Because it became relevant. And personally, if someone I don't know has a male/female avatar, I'm going to assume they match that and only change that if I get corrected. (Says I, with Webber as my icon.) And when corrected, well, that's that. Change pronouns and done.

A shipper getting upset about that sounds weird and creepy. Like, were they shipping you, instead of the fictional character? Your gender should have zero effect there.

I appreciate you saying this.  I think it just evolved from 'Hey this person is the other part of my ship, nice!' to 'This dude I'm tight with is the other part of my ship, even better.  My ship sailing!'  I'm not a shipper, so there were very awkward moments and I know that someone's shipping feels are not my responsibility, but I still felt like that as the older person I could've taken a different route than 'If I ignore it and don't feed into it, it'll be fine.'

Haven't fought most bosses yet (and have NEVER fought them the "right" way; I tend to get rid of them with other bosses or tooth traps); don't care.

Suck at the caves and rarely go into them, nevermind the ruins.  Don't care.  These are both in the "would be nice if I learned someday, but if I don't...meh!" category, for me.  In this game I do NOT.  LIKE.  Not being able to see all around me if it's daytime.  Although I'd try a lights-out server for Halloween, for the atmosphere.  

Briefly.  : P

Haven't done much sea stuff yet; care but it's not a priority over getting my land-stuff set up.

Like to play with mods but some of them actually make things harder so I think it's okay.  Ever try Thirst?  THAT'S a fun one!

Have used the "reset-the-timer" trick after dying to give myself more time to find a touchstone.  An exploit to be sure; cheat?  Nah... Also I usually play by myself, so when _I_ die there's nobody else around to stop the world resetting.  This is also the reason I don't do caves or bosses:  I put work into this world, goddammit, so I don't want it to all go POOF when Deerclops steps on me or a !@#$ing leaping range-shooting spider gets me from out of the shadows.

Have legit rolled back to undo a stupid thing I did or some bad luck and I DO feel _kinda_ bad for that.  Sometimes.

Basically I'm here for the survival and building stuff not the combat, so I am completely unapologetic about stuff that helps me survive without having to actually be Good At Video Games.  I think the main thing I'd be ashamed of would be if I was a !@#$ to other players, knowingly and on purpose. But I would NEVER do that because I consider myself a good person, and would hate myself in _real_ life not just in game, if I did.

...Notorious

I don’t read Wikipedia pages about this game often, and as a result I’m pretty sure there is a lot of content Klei puts into the game that I am not even aware of existing.. but for me the most fun I have with this game is the learning experience, learning new things at my own pace.. and discovering something new every now and then because I randomly stumble upon it.

Even just playing this game in multiplayer without reading a Wiki if you see another player do something that you were not aware you could even do (for example using a fishing Rod in a frog pond) Then you learn that from experience rather then having a guide that spoils it for you.

The only trade off to that is there’s probably a lot of things in the game that I actually DONT understand- I have never ever ever EVER crafted a Meat Effigy or a Life Giving Amulet.. I am aware of what they do.., But for me the only forms of revival I have ever used are the one time use resurrection slabs, Telltale Hearts in Multiplayer, or if playing Endless mode- Haunting the Florid Postern to respawn.

My enjoyment of the game isn’t to go fight FuelWeaver or Toadstool (both of which I’ve never even seen let alone attempted to fight) my Enjoyment of the game is from exploring the map, combating mobs inhabiting the games biomes, and surviving the worldly weather hazards.

The TL:DR: I don’t have to know how to summon Toadstool or fight FuelWeaver to know that my enjoyment of the game comes from putting the settings on Random Weather Season with Random Season Length.

When your world is performing its best impersonation of a Katy Perry song (going from hot to cold to yes then no) THAT is where my enjoyment of this game comes from- I can careless about what’s the best items to use or the best strategy to play by..

Because my biggest confession is that I’ve never tried to tell others how they should or should not be playing their open world sandbox game.

12 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I don’t read Wikipedia pages about this game often, and as a result I’m pretty sure there is a lot of content Klei puts into the game that I am not even aware of existing.. but for me the most fun I have with this game is the learning experience, learning new things at my own pace.. and discovering something new every now and then because I randomly stumble upon it.

Even just playing this game in multiplayer without reading a Wiki if you see another player do something that you were not aware you could even do (for example using a fishing Rod in a frog pond) Then you learn that from experience rather then having a guide that spoils it for you.

The only trade off to that is there’s probably a lot of things in the game that I actually DONT understand- I have never ever ever EVER crafted a Meat Effigy or a Life Giving Amulet.. I am aware of what they do.., But for me the only forms of revival I have ever used are the one time use resurrection slabs, Telltale Hearts in Multiplayer, or if playing Endless mode- Haunting the Florid Postern to respawn.

My enjoyment of the game isn’t to go fight FuelWeaver or Toadstool (both of which I’ve never even seen let alone attempted to fight) my Enjoyment of the game is from exploring the map, combating mobs inhabiting the games biomes, and surviving the worldly weather hazards.

The TL:DR: I don’t have to know how to summon Toadstool or fight FuelWeaver to know that my enjoyment of the game comes from putting the settings on Random Weather Season with Random Season Length.

When your world is performing its best impersonation of a Katy Perry song (going from hot to cold to yes then no) THAT is where my enjoyment of this game comes from- I can careless about what’s the best items to use or the best strategy to play by..

Because my biggest confession is that I’ve never tried to tell others how they should or should not be playing their open world sandbox game.

yes we're very well understanding this is a mild complaint and not a confession.

You guys should play your game your way, and not criticize or devalue other players for not living up to your own standards or expectations: As long as your way of playing does not spoil the fun for other players way of playing.. why on earth should you care?

The only time that it’s perfectly acceptable to criticize others way of playing is when their way of playing interferes with yours: and by that I mean if they thinking burning your base down is entertaining then they are a grieving troll and should be criticized.

bearger is the first boss i downed by myself. my friend taught me how to kite him, but i died many times getting the timing right. he insisted that it was fine, but i felt bad for every time i had to roll back because of that.

Archived