What is a DST confession you have?

3 hours ago, Dextops said:

ive played wurt so much that every time i play another character(rarely) i don't eat meatballs and gather resources for merm builds because of the habit of always doing that

This is me but with gold and rocks, haha.

11 hours ago, Dextops said:

ive played wurt so much that every time i play another character(rarely) i don't eat meatballs and gather resources for merm builds because of the habit of always doing that

Im having problems keeping my temperature and wetness to 0 because i always forget that im not playing as wurt and other characters have needs like being dry or warming/cooling the stones xD

Recently I'm playing more Forge than actual DST. I'm just more in a mood for some team battles and I've never found a game that would perform the working together part so well. I started thinking about characters in Forge categories and whenever I play normal DST with friends I kinda miss some weapons or Petrifying books. At least I got skins :P

I also met a bunch of extremely shitty people in the Forge community, but also some really nice people. We defeated DT yesterday and someone took a screen with me parrying the second Swineclops with the first one laying dead in the background. It feels amazing. 

I'm so glad the Forge events happened, even if I wasn't there to experience the official ones, the mods let me play a variation of my favourite game. It's very well executed and despite doing the same thing over and over it seems I'm still having fun. 

Now if only lag didn't mess with my timing as Woodie/Tank x.x

2 hours ago, Cr4zyFl4mes said:

I've played a long time under the misconception that armor defenses stack and I've told countless new players on twitch to wear log suit and football helmet, because it provides 96% damage reduction. I feel embarrassed.

It is especially confusing if you have a lot of time in DS as armor did stack there.  I learned the hard way that it didn't stack!

I'm a Maxwell main, and sometimes if I just barely survive a boss encounter, I'll hit em' with the c_gonext("firepit") just to not risk it. You never know what could happen on the way back.

(I also tend to rollback instead of reviving myself, mostly because i enjoy doing stupid experiments and want to see if i can perfect them- see my beequeen vs dfly vs mgoose vs 2 beefalo herds encounter)

Checking Xbox live events app and seeing DST there makes me happy :wilson_love:

This game deserves far more recognition then people give it.. it’s a great game, at a cheap price that’s crammed full of content and just keeps getting better & better.

I'm bad at the game, there I said it.

I always feel like a deadweight to groups I play with, and it ends up making me quit playing with them, and also causes burnout on occasion.
I've had friends tell me I'm not bad, but honestly have they actually seen how I play? Of course not.
I'm antsy as all heck in DST, I hate to sit in one spot(like base) for long periods on end, I always feel like if I'm not doing something of worth at all times I'm just a useless deadweight.

1. I like dafault look of some items more that any currently existing skinned look, this includes: thulecite armor, thulecite crown, thulecite club (although I rarely make this one), scaled furnace, krampus sack, tam o'shanter, marble suit, drying rack, ice staff, crock pot, rabbit hutch, log suit, ice flingomatic, chester, life giving amulet. I wish default look was HD, like skinned are.

2. I'm using body slot clothing quite often, paired with miner hat/moggles, and I always rush rain coat even in solo worlds. Because I think that items like rain coat and puffy vest are 100% worth it, even if I have to give up backpack.

3. I prefer insulated pack to krampus sack. And I know insulated pack is flammable and not water-proof (Klei, why? None of the ingredients is flammable).

25 minutes ago, Pinegrove said:

I'm bad at designing mega bases, but I love visiting them. It's mostly because I don't let myself come out of the comfort zone of smaller bases.

i have no idea how to even design a mega base

On 5/15/2021 at 11:34 AM, Terra B Welch said:

I'm bad at the game, there I said it.

I always feel like a deadweight to groups I play with, and it ends up making me quit playing with them, and also causes burnout on occasion.
I've had friends tell me I'm not bad, but honestly have they actually seen how I play? Of course not.
I'm antsy as all heck in DST, I hate to sit in one spot(like base) for long periods on end, I always feel like if I'm not doing something of worth at all times I'm just a useless deadweight.

i mean, they're your friends, they probably dont care you are bad at the game, they just have  fun playing with u

i know i do when playing with my friends who picked webber and willow as their mains cause webber cute and threatening to grief funny

6 hours ago, Wardin25 said:

i mean, they're your friends, they probably dont care you are bad at the game, they just have  fun playing with u

i know i do when playing with my friends who picked webber and willow as their mains cause webber cute and threatening to grief funny

It doesn't matter, if I'm useless in groups I burn out super fast with them, and since I'm garbage at this game my play sessions with friends always end up very short lived.

I need to do something at pretty much all times in DST, my antsiness is that bad.

On 5/15/2021 at 7:00 PM, Slagger said:

I prefer miner hats to lanterns.

Is this heresy? It just makes sense so you can use your walking cane.... I do just bring along both everywhere I go and waste inventory slots because lanterns allow you to fight in the dark though haha.

(And yet I am still briefly unable to find either in my inventory while panicking in the dark)

13 hours ago, Terra B Welch said:

It doesn't matter, if I'm useless in groups I burn out super fast with them, and since I'm garbage at this game my play sessions with friends always end up very short lived.

I need to do something at pretty much all times in DST, my antsiness is that bad.

I don't know how deep this cuts, but it's a game, remember to have fun! I have a laundry list of things-to-do with my friends whom I wish had more time to play with me and accomplish, but we often get distracted just hanging out and doing our own monotonous things preparing or getting things for base.

Try do what you want to do in DST, or derive enjoyment from other things such as just surviving with friends. Or not. We're still at 0 days since last incident on our server.

I "killed" Crab King with a bunch of dwarf stars and killer bees. I even spawned some more using the console just in case.

8 minutes ago, Atkvin said:

(And yet I am still briefly unable to find either in my inventory while panicking in the dark)

I use a mod called Fast Equipment to help since my inventory is always a mess. Pretty convenient for armour too. 

On 5/13/2021 at 2:54 PM, Cr4zyFl4mes said:

I've played a long time under the misconception that armor defenses stack and I've told countless new players on twitch to wear log suit and football helmet, because it provides 96% damage reduction. I feel embarrassed.

Wait, it doesn't stack? :wilson_curious:

13 hours ago, Atkvin said:

Is this heresy? It just makes sense so you can use your walking cane.... I do just bring along both everywhere I go and waste inventory slots because lanterns allow you to fight in the dark though haha.

I don't know how deep this cuts, but it's a game, remember to have fun! I have a laundry list of things-to-do with my friends whom I wish had more time to play with me and accomplish, but we often get distracted just hanging out and doing our own monotonous things preparing or getting things for base.

Try do what you want to do in DST, or derive enjoyment from other things such as just surviving with friends. Or not. We're still at 0 days since last incident on our server.

Chances are on a friends server, anything on a laundry list that I'd try to do is likely done already, or would result in me getting yelled at by the friends.

So pretty much that's a no go.

Archived