What is a DST confession you have?

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

How is that not a confession? I confessed to actually wanting my game harder, and confessed to all the noob things I did when I wasn’t so knowledgeable that I thought actually made it harder.

A confession is the telling of a secret or weakness, sometimes shameful. It is not random chat of how you feel today.

On 1/21/2021 at 3:39 PM, Grim the said:

I've killled all the DST boses but can't kite DF. I'm so used to tanking her with a marble suit and garlic spice, and now i have to learn for my Walter world. Wish me luck

Update on this post, I almost died, but I did it!

Screenshot (405).png

Screenshot (406).png

1 minute ago, Grim the said:

Update on this post, I almost died, but I did it!

Screenshot (405).png

Screenshot (406).png

Duh!! I should’ve thought of building a cobbled stone road for my own fight against the Dragonfly, it probably would’ve been much easier to dodge her attacks: Thanks! 
(but now I must ask how do you build said road without being murdered?? Pan flute?)

5 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Duh!! I should’ve thought of building a cobbled stone road for my own fight against the Dragonfly, it probably would’ve been much easier to dodge her attacks: Thanks! 
(but now I must ask how do you build said road without being murdered?? Pan flute?)

I built the wall far enough from where she idles so she wouldn't aggro while I was building, and then to start the fight I ran around the wall to get her aggro. (I'm standing where she spawns) How did you dodge the attack without cobblestone? I used cobbleston and a cane

Screenshot (408).png

another confession: I play with the music muted. Not that I wouldn't like it, i just prefer my own playlist nowadays.

On 11/13/2020 at 12:29 PM, Slagger said:

-I think Wickerbottom is really sexy *-*

which skin? (In case you find all of them sexy, which one do you like the most?)

10 hours ago, Flusap said:

I have like 1k combined hours in dst and ds and I still suck

That is the regular thing unless you spoil the game and tecnics 24/7 with tutorials and gameplays. Is one of the best parts of the game, you can always be better and learn stuff making it a very long game

4 hours ago, Shosuko said:

My first game online with DST I picked Willow and burned down everything I could.

Nice little first impression :D

One time I tried to grief a smol camp, way back in the day, so I got myself a torch and got a fire going, however turns out I'm an idiot and didn't notice the Ice Flingo. But, I was an even bigger idiot, as instead of turning it off, I went around the world gathering stuff to make a hammer, then I proceeded to hammer it, and light the fire. In hindsight, the building were too far from each other, so after I left quickly, I probably only burned like 2 improved farms. ._.

9 hours ago, Shosuko said:

My first game online with DST I picked Willow and burned down everything I could.

Darn you one of my first times playing dst I ended up playing willow and got kicked immediately just for picking willow(pre refresh) imagine my surprise when I joined a pub server and I hear "It's a griefer they picked willow."

Btw I may have already confessed to this but just to be sure... More recently I learned that dst indeed does have the summer trap after over 3k hours and to the 11 other souls who experienced it on day 4 I'm sorry...

I was on a server with annoying people who screamed every 10 sec into the mic, so i found chester before them, hide him in a safe location (for me) and after i got mats i built a boat and abandoned him in the middle of the ocean so they can never find him..

I know i'm a bad person but they really annoyed me..

I literally only killed the dragonfly so I could craft the associated pet den critter that’s tied to her dumb boss fight- only to find out I’m going to have to fight AGAIN for % chance the ingredients I need to drop all for a dumb... purely cosmetic pet that will do nothing but cry for food continuously.

Its not worth the time or the effort, and now I feel like a complete fool for even having fought the dragonfly in the first place.

recent confession:

So, it's winter, day 31. We've just defeated deerclops (me and 1 other guy) and i kept the eye cause we didn't have any bones. I was playing woodie and you might know where this is going. I had not monster meat, so I went to collect some to have control over my transformation this full moon. We based near DF desert and there were 2 hound mounds that i could reliably get my monster meat. Well, somebody destroyed 1 of them, so i got only 1 meat. I went to our near-base spider den then. It wasn't there. And as I was trying to get bones and monster meat, i completely forgot that I was slowly cooling down. I've burnt a lonely tree in our forest, so i didn't freeze, (it was far enough from the other trees) and the full moon turned me into a werebeaver. So i started chopping, but as I started to chopp on a tree, i noticed a flower next to the tree i've lighted up. I started to spam the chat, that i need help with containing the fire - I was a werebeaver, unable to put it out. 1 guy came, but he couldn't contain it and it spread into our base. As a last resort i tried to chomp on the burning tree and to my surprise, it actually worked. So I could've put it out myself. There was like 4 people, sitting in the base, just watching the fire spread. When 1 of them finally realised, he should use ice on it, it was to late and he burned alive. I was ofc sitting there as well, cause i was still in beaver form. I had ice in my inventory the whole game, in case some griefer comes to burn it, but now i couldn't use it. And the best part, the server had no rollback option.

TLDR;: I accidentaly burnt the base for the first time (in DST at least. I've burnt it in single player many times).

10 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I literally only killed the dragonfly so I could craft the associated pet den critter that’s tied to her dumb boss fight- only to find out I’m going to have to fight AGAIN for % chance the ingredients I need to drop all for a dumb... purely cosmetic pet that will do nothing but cry for food continuously.

Its not worth the time or the effort, and now I feel like a complete fool for even having fought the dragonfly in the first place.

You get gems without having to kill Fuelweaver though- 

47 minutes ago, Grim the said:

You get gems without having to kill Fuelweaver though- 

I’m not a noob, but I’m also not “End Game” experienced with this game either so I don’t know what the Gems purposes even serve: I think the only ones I know how to use are Red, Blue and Purple. The others....

Well they just lay around in my base to look like This: 

C39031F1-81A5-44FE-AA8D-6FED0045C6F2.gif.1f91fa0a6abb661097b97dc385a52225.gif

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I’m not a noob, but I’m also not “End Game” experienced with this game either so I don’t know what the Gems purposes even serve: I think the only ones I know how to use are Red, Blue and Purple. The others....

They are one of the most useful and poweful loots that you can obtain in the game, for that the fight is "dumb difficult" and for that to talk about balance is important to know about what is being discussed

Also, if you want the dragon pet, you have a change of getting the egg defeating klaus (that sack with chains that you might notice in winter), is easier to kill than dragonfly but there isnt too much chances on getting it. Also, dont surrend, everytime you fight dragonfly you will be more confortable with the fight and you can use mobs to help you with the damage and receibing damage

10 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I am so obsessed with the star caller staff that I always have one in my inventory at all times. It sooooo good and you can renew it once for more uses when you transform it. I love Wormwood for giving me the ability to have one at all times. The deconstruction staff also lets you make lots of tiny camps with scaled furnaces for easy resurrection with infinite fire/light at every major biome.

9 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

I am so obsessed with the star caller staff that I always have one in my inventory at all times. It sooooo good and you can renew it once for more uses when you transform it. I love Wormwood for giving me the ability to have one at all times. The deconstruction staff also lets you make lots of tiny camps with scaled furnaces for easy resurrection with infinite fire/light at every major biome.

Guess it’s time for another confession: I don’t look up wiki guides and try not to spoil too much about the game and it’s contents for myself, I like to discover that stuff on my own so it feels rewarding once I finally know what it does- But there are some things in this game that you just can’t learn WITHOUT looking up..

Most in particular the limited time event stuff- I ALWAYS look that up online because, it’s limited time and I don’t have all the time in the world to figure it out for myself.

But some of the games content is also completely obscure that it’s hard to discover  without a guide.. for example I you can craft CHAIRS in DST... but to do that you gotta go to a specific biome and place a very specific list of ingredients into a chest.. this is something no one is ever going to figure out on their own.

for now those gems they’ll just be pretty decorations in my base until I figure out how to craft, what to use them on.

But I’m just one example of Klei’s fanbase- we aren’t total noobs but we also don’t know everything about the game either.

And I’m willing to bet that with as much content Klei has added even they themselves sometimes even forget what’s in their game until something pops up like a bug or coding problem that reminds them of “Oh neat I forgot we even added that X years ago”

48 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Guess it’s time for another confession: I don’t look up wiki guides and try not to spoil too much about the game and it’s contents for myself, I like to discover that stuff on my own so it feels rewarding once I finally know what it does- But there are some things in this game that you just can’t learn WITHOUT looking up..

Most in particular the limited time event stuff- I ALWAYS look that up online because, it’s limited time and I don’t have all the time in the world to figure it out for myself.

But some of the games content is also completely obscure that it’s hard to discover  without a guide.. for example I you can craft CHAIRS in DST... but to do that you gotta go to a specific biome and place a very specific list of ingredients into a chest.. this is something no one is ever going to figure out on their own.

for now those gems they’ll just be pretty decorations in my base until I figure out how to craft, what to use them on.

But I’m just one example of Klei’s fanbase- we aren’t total noobs but we also don’t know everything about the game either.

And I’m willing to bet that with as much content Klei has added even they themselves sometimes even forget what’s in their game until something pops up like a bug or coding problem that reminds them of “Oh neat I forgot we even added that X years ago”

I happy for you (not in a sarcastic way). In a way I robbed myself of that joy but also the frustration of finding out for myself. 

Ill meet your confession with one of my own: Sometimes I don't know if I'm enjoying myself in this game anymore. I have been playing the series for 6 years now and have probably sacrificed an unhealthy amount of hours to it (somewhere around 2000). I have the compulsion to be as efficient as possible, and have at some point, looked up every item in the game along with the relevant guides. There used to be an excitement to the planning of trying to extend my life for as long as possible, but now everything is a race against time. I find myself rushing my progress at every stage and met with disappointment if I don't get the expected result. I cant seem to tell myself "Slowdown" and instead find myself asking "Am I having fun?". Bosses have been reduced to resource sinks, items are added utility, and every year has its set of predefined quotas. Every new session is like a script I cant diverge from. It can feel like a hamster on a wheel sometimes; getting faster but not really going anywhere.

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

I don’t look up wiki guides and try not to spoil too much about the game and it’s contents for myself, I like to discover that stuff on my own so it feels rewarding once I finally know what it does- But there are some things in this game that you just can’t learn WITHOUT looking up..

as i always tell you, im very glad to hear a player that doesnt spoil everything to be a pr0, make the effort of learning or what ever but man, didnt you get tired of the 4 season and walking without walking cane? (not judging just serious ask because it gets repetitive for me)

the game, as you said, is so cryptic but klei have awesome trailers that gives you hints, one example is the trailer released when they added the ruins to the game. One of last trailers helped me to realize how to get the new recipes from the archives

if some day you get boring of the game or you want to enjoy nice short dont starve videos on youtube you can check this:

Spoiler

you can find much more here 

https://www.youtube.com/c/kleient/videos

Archived