What is a DST confession you have?

31 minutes ago, RoughCactus69 said:

I secretly look at people's skins and profile icons I'm playing with to get a feel of how good they are. 

Sometimes I purposely put on no skins, icon, background, and pick Wilson in public servers with the sole intent of bamboozling players like you  =)

There are a ton of items in both DS and DST that I’ve never bothered to attempt to craft OR figure out its purpose.

Ive platinumed both DS and DST’s achievements list: But I’ve never crafted a single Meat Effigy or Life Giving Amulet in all of my time playing both games.

In fact: I kinda wish Klei had a detailed data base of how often a particular item is crafted or not..

I remember how the developers of Injustice 2 had data for how many batarangs players threw as Batman- I’m sure the technology is there if Klei really needed it.

Maybe they could use that information to tell what items are performing too well and what items are performing below their intended purpose for it. I dunno..

What I do know is that there are a TON of items I’ve never used, or barely used: one of those items is a Walking Cane, If I luck up on a pre-crafted one in a failed survivor set piece then SCORE!! But if I don’t: I try to avoid going after the only mob that gives the resource for crafting it- Those guys are my naturally sworn in enemy in the entire franchise.

Ultimately my worlds Dont last long enough to really progress too deep into craftables- I’ve only created the Dragonscale furnace once... and I laughed at how ridiculously easy it made surviving Winter (something I had been doing the hard way without knowing this furnace thing even existed.)

people shouldn’t be asked to know every little feature in and out about this game... & maybe players should lower their expectations of what knowledge they expect other players to posses as well-

The forums would be a much better off place if it wasn’t so divided between the expert know it all players, the intermediate players who know a good bit also don’t know everything & still make mistakes, and the total noobs who die and die often trying to learn stuff.

Im sure someone’s going to comment on this and say if you’ve never crafted Meat Effigy or Life Giving Amulet how did you manage to platinum both DS & DST?

My reply: It’s a SANDBOX game... I played it the way I Wanted to and I used strategies I knew would work with my playstyle.

Theres so much I haven’t crafted that it probably outweighs all the stuff I Have crafted.. never made a deconstruction staff, haven’t built a lazy explorer, never crafted Broodling pet

The TL:DR- People shouldn’t have to be expected to know everything about every little thing to enjoy this game- 

For me personally.. figuring things out for myself at my own pace is one of the things I find most enjoyable about it.

if your confused on what my confession is: 

Lots of Crap I’ve never crafted, lots of crap I probably won’t ever NEED to Craft, and lots of crap I don’t have any intentions of ever crafting at all.

12 minutes ago, RoughCactus69 said:

When I kill a MacTusk for a Walking Cane, I keep it. I don't give it to the most useful character. If I kill it, I get it.

Sincerely,

Cactus

if you're the one who killed the Walrus first, i'd say there's a pretty good chance you are the most useful character out there.

4 minutes ago, BeeClops said:

if you're the one who killed the Walrus first, i'd say there's a pretty good chance you are the most useful character out there.

I have had arguments on the forum saying I wasn't being a decent person because I wasn't giving up something I earned. I love the forums.

Sincerely, 

Cactus

9 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

There are a ton of items in both DS and DST that I’ve never bothered to attempt to craft OR figure out its purpose.

Ive platinumed both DS and DST’s achievements list: But I’ve never crafted a single Meat Effigy or Life Giving Amulet in all of my time playing both games.

In fact: I kinda wish Klei had a detailed data base of how often a particular item is crafted or not..

I remember how the developers of Injustice 2 had data for how many batarangs players threw as Batman- I’m sure the technology is there if Klei really needed it.

Maybe they could use that information to tell what items are performing too well and what items are performing below their intended purpose for it. I dunno..

What I do know is that there are a TON of items I’ve never used, or barely used: one of those items is a Walking Cane, If I luck up on a pre-crafted one in a failed survivor set piece then SCORE!! But if I don’t: I try to avoid going after the only mob that gives the resource for crafting it- Those guys are my naturally sworn in enemy in the entire franchise.

Ultimately my worlds Dont last long enough to really progress too deep into craftables- I’ve only created the Dragonscale furnace once... and I laughed at how ridiculously easy it made surviving Winter (something I had been doing the hard way without knowing this furnace thing even existed.)

people shouldn’t be asked to know every little feature in and out about this game... & maybe players should lower their expectations of what knowledge they expect other players to posses as well-

The forums would be a much better off place if it wasn’t so divided between the expert know it all players, the intermediate players who know a good bit also don’t know everything & still make mistakes, and the total noobs who die and die often trying to learn stuff.

Im sure someone’s going to comment on this and say if you’ve never crafted Meat Effigy or Life Giving Amulet how did you manage to platinum both DS & DST?

My reply: It’s a SANDBOX game... I played it the way I Wanted to and I used strategies I knew would work with my playstyle.

Theres so much I haven’t crafted that it probably outweighs all the stuff I Have crafted.. never made a deconstruction staff, haven’t built a lazy explorer, never crafted Broodling pet

The TL:DR- People shouldn’t have to be expected to know everything about every little thing to enjoy this game- 

For me personally.. figuring things out for myself at my own pace is one of the things I find most enjoyable about it.

if your confused on what my confession is: 

Lots of Crap I’ve never crafted, lots of crap I probably won’t ever NEED to Craft, and lots of crap I don’t have any intentions of ever crafting at all.

Sometimes I cant tell if you're new to the game or not... Welp, if your having fun you have my support!

Heres a confession:

Sometimes I go out of my way to hit mobs that may or may not be in my general path. I do this because I know they have no way to defend themselves or outrun me. Mobs that don't regen their hp also have their overall chance of survival lowered and that makes me :wilson_smile:.

25 minutes ago, Pinegrove said:

I don't use umbrellas very often because I usually play solo and have access to the eyebrella. I gotta make it a habit when playing in a cooperative server. 

oh yeah, this. When people want the eyebrella, I usually resort to the forgotten RoG item: Rain hat.
Really though, 70% is good enough. If the rain is too heavy, you just gotta stand under trees.

Until recently, I had no idea what a poison birchnut tree was, so I planted some birch trees by our base. I was playing with a friend who also didn't know what they were. I was cutting down one of the birch trees when two of them spawned and we immediately panicked. My friend, in all his wisdom, decided that lighting them on fire was the best option and I even said that he was a genius. That is, until our base caught on fire. He ran in circles while I tried to stop the fire from spreading to the rest of the camp. It took out a chunk of my health but I actually managed to stop our entire camp from burning down.

I sometimes log in to get the daily gift, then immediately quit.

(Edit)

On 2/2/2021 at 6:08 AM, Mike23Ua said:

I hated MacTusk too until I tried a different strategy on him. MacTusk doesn't reward caution the way other mobs do: if you flee or try to pick off the members of the hunting party one by one he hunts you down like a dog, but if you ignore everyone but MacTusk and charge in screaming like a lunatic he's fairly easy to run down and kill.

Another Confession: I still use torches a TON even late game in my 5000+ world. I have a stupid overabundance of grass that only grows bigger each in game year if I don't use up as much as I can (gecko farm) and twigs are everywhere so why not? I can't be bothered getting lightbulbs regularly for my lantern and miners hat and only use them on rare occasion on the surface when it is raining real heavy and torches will be useless or if I am specifically trying to get somewhere real fast (miners hat and walking cane) before the start of a new day so I can rollback if need be (before FW, Crab King etc).

I know Miners Hat and Lantern are both vastly superior to torches but I just don't like having to enter the caves (even though I have a sinkhole thats right next to my base) JUST to refuel them. I spend most Summers in the Caves anyway and they honestly get a bit boring especially once the ruins are cleared out. I also really like the Puzzle Skin and Hallowed Nights skin for the torch - both are great.

I prefer to use various skinned Lanterns as decoration throughout my base and as emergency use at outposts (I never really use them though..)

Late game it isn't as important to be productive at night so I generally try to be doing tasks or activities that don't require moving at night such as cooking, getting warm and managing inventory in winter, breaking stonefruit, fighting a boss near a roaring fire etc.

On 2/3/2021 at 2:53 PM, QuQuasar said:

I sometimes log in to get the daily gift, then immediately quit.

Pretty sure a lot of people do this , I login more or less every day just to get the Daily whether or not I am going to actually play or not.

in an orangE server i was playing wigfrid and there was a Webber and a willow and the Webber had a lazy explorer and for some reason everyone in the area fell asleep  and I didn't so knowing that the lazy explorer is going to give me a massive advantage i murdered that Webber i cold blood right in front of their willow friend (they were always together) and i took the laze explorer an ran away before the willow was even able to stand up and later while everyone was chasing orange, with the lazy explorer i got i was able to catch up to him and murder him as well and because of that over 20 players were chasing me but i was able to telepoof past a river having committed the perfect murder and also in the green light red light + floor is lava i mover the marker for god base 1 biome away as a ghost.

i haven't been able to look myself in the mirror since that day.

I rush the lunar island (and I main woodie) so that I can feed off stone fruits for the rest of my days.
In 1900 days poor woodie never ate honey nuggets, and when I later switched to Wilson, poor Wilson never ate bacon and eggs. I my bird is bundled up and forgotten since winter's feast started and I moved my entire base to the oasis to fish for lights. I have crockpots because jellybeans demand it, and used to make jelly salads when I went to do long chopping sessions as beaver, but other than that, my crockpots are for the occasional guests, and are otherwise left alone to dust. 

I also use 999 stacks because I hate covering my base in chests, and I like to boast my wealth around by welcoming a friend with a single stack of 499 stone fruits and showing them with "status announcements" that I kept in my inventory just as many (however, I don't usually travel with more than 100 grass/twigs/logs on me, because if I die to fire I don't want to lose my entire reserves).

On 2/1/2021 at 10:51 AM, RoughCactus69 said:

I secretly look at people's skins and profile icons I'm playing with to get a feel of how good they are. 

I look at people's character choice to get a feel of how they're going to act. But there's only one character that I ever notice acts a specific way, and he's nearly guaranteed to...

Every time a tall bird is killing their young something compels me to stop and watch. I don't help the small bird and I don't exactly have a reason for not helping it, I just don't. I also don't pick up the food either. Its one of those train wreck scenerios where you cant help but not look away.

6 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Every time a tall bird is killing their young something compels me to stop and watch. I don't help the small bird and I don't exactly have a reason for not helping it, I just don't. I also don't pick up the food either. Its one of those train wreck scenerios where you cant help but not look away.

i feel you

i hope for more interactions like this one to be implemented, is hilarious to see how klei made some kind of cruel ecosystem in dont starve

Archived