What is a DST confession you have?

On 5/15/2021 at 4:16 AM, CodexCorporis said:

I'm a Maxwell main, and sometimes if I just barely survive a boss encounter, I'll hit em' with the c_gonext("firepit") just to not risk it. You never know what could happen on the way back.

You can prepare a teleportation staff and a focus with gems, to instantly go back to base whenever you need to, without console commands. Unfortunately it doesn’t work in caves.

13 hours ago, Slagger said:

You can't wear armor and bag both. So they think it's dangerous and most of people describing it as noob move :C

Ahh, that wasn't quite apparent to me playing with the extra slots for armor and pendant mod recently. The base equipment slots just feel too restrictive for my liking now.

1 hour ago, Terra B Welch said:

Chances are on a friends server, anything on a laundry list that I'd try to do is likely done already, or would result in me getting yelled at by the friends.

So pretty much that's a no go.

.Are they real life friends who can just play to have fun, or friends you made in the game who only focus on rushing everything? Well, those aren't mutually exclusive things, but you get the idea.

Regardless try finding a group of people that play at a more relaxed pace and vibe starting from the start then, see if that might help your mentality and anxiety trying to keep up with fast pragmatic players and burning out not being able to do what you want.

2 hours ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

I sometimes use a command to find chester cause he just is in incognito mode whenever I make a shadow chester. The wooly chester is worse with all that detail, my eyes can't see crap in the mansion I live in for a base.

I've heard people use the celestial orb to keep him in sight. It's always displayed and highlighted on the map, even if it's inside the storage, including Chester.

On 5/15/2021 at 3:34 PM, Terra B Welch said:

I'm antsy as all heck in DST, I hate to sit in one spot(like base) for long periods on end, I always feel like if I'm not doing something of worth at all times I'm just a useless deadweight.

Currently dealing with this with a friend. She wants to feel like she's accomplishing something every step of the way. On top of that she feels the game's timers and passing of seasons weighing on her shoulders far more than she needs to. We used to play this game a couple years back when we were both learning and I'm being told even back then the game constant pressure was wearing her out.

I'm not sure what I can do. To me at this point the "urgency" of the first autumn and winter is reduced to a boring checklist game of having enough of X, Y and Z to make a fridge, some pots and some chests. I'm not sure my calmness as I glide through those first days is making it worse for her. I keep telling her all we really need for Winter is food and thermals but it doesn't really stick.

I've tried giving her simple tasks like "go hammer the pig houses" and she finds ways to zero in on some mistake she makes like it's going to cost us the entire operation. Mechanics and knowledge wise she's a good player, she just can't ever let go of the gas.

Really would love to be able to play with her and just chill. Even if we really die 3 days into winter.

I only ever make it to the end of winter before coming up with a new base idea; usually with a different character in mind. Thus leading to me starting a new world. I've lost count of how many worlds I've started only to abandon and eventually delete them.

1 hour ago, GrMcGillacactus said:

I've posted six other confessions to this thread...

I am bad at life

well you just posted another confession of posting 6 confessions so now you're up to seven (unless you included that one as the sixth)

i unraveled an heirloom which i had just realized yesterday it was an heirloom i bought it back today and i still feel extreme guilt because the sad thing is there are only 20 left of the skin (woodie guest of honor) and i made one of them disappear
edit:i unraveled this skin a long time ago but now just realized it was an heirloom

My confession is that the devs don't care about the cloths in the game, otherwise we could use the new event summer cloths TOGETHER with the backpack. I'm pretty sure that the most unused items in the game are the cloths (Puffy Vest, Dapper Vest, Floral Shirt, Summer Frest, Hibearnation Vest, Rain Coat)... If some day they wanna implement this in the game, how about to reduce the stats?

35 minutes ago, Fenrir_Jow said:

My confession is that the devs don't care about the cloths in the game, otherwise we could use the new event summer cloths TOGETHER with the backpack. I'm pretty sure that the most unused items in the game are the cloths (Puffy Vest, Dapper Vest, Floral Shirt, Summer Frest, Hibearnation Vest, Rain Coat)... If some day they wanna implement this in the game, how about to reduce the stats?

that's not a confession

if you want to wear clothing then do it. backpacks are optional

38 minutes ago, Fenrir_Jow said:

Maybe they care about balance

1 hour ago, Fenrir_Jow said:

I would like to see environmental climates become so dangerous that body slot climate gear becomes a requirement. 

Similar to the moonstorms, perhaps blizzards in the savannah biomes? Only time to acquire rare pelts, but you cant use any armor while hunting.

Heat waves in the Dragonfly desert, a time when players can find rare fossils for improved boomerangs and hound traps. 

Funny I loaded this post and saw ppl confessing they were burnt out on the game.  I haven't really played in a few months either now, but I got a new friend who's interested in playing it with me, and a new computer that is decent enough to host a world for 4+ ppl, so I'm back in the saddle helping him learn the game.  He's loving wormwood and farming right now, which is great because I sorta missed all that content (I still check out news updates but I wasn't playing,) so I get to learn these with him.

My confession isn't that though - my confession is I'm still a horrible Willow that is always looking for an opportunity to set fire to base...  I can't be trusted...

4 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

I would like to see environmental climates become so dangerous that body slot climate gear becomes a requirement. 

Similar to the moonstorms, perhaps blizzards in the savannah biomes? Only time to acquire rare pelts, but you cant use any armor while hunting.

Heat waves in the Dragonfly desert, a time when players can find rare fossils for improved boomerangs and hound traps. 

Do ppl wear body slot armor often...?  I thought the meta was head slot armor and body slot for backpack with a thermal stone.  Is it different now?

25 minutes ago, Shosuko said:

Do ppl wear body slot armor often...?  I thought the meta was head slot armor and body slot for backpack with a thermal stone.  Is it different now?

No, not really. A starcaller staff/furnace+thermal is usually all I need + a tam when I get one (if I get one). 

I was suggesting more along the lines of climate weather that restricts the player unless they have a certain amount of total insulation. 

Guess I should add a confession so Im not too off-topic so here goes:

I loop-hole being off-topic by adding something that's on-topic at the end.

Archived