What is a DST confession you have?

11 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

I still don't understand how the compost bin works.

I see on the wiki you need to place half wet items and half dry items and the bin won't take 2 of each. No matter what I do or in what configuration I put them in I can't get it to work. Unless I'm misunderstanding something?

Maybe this should go in the questions thread, but it is embarrassing lol.

Um its just 1 dry item for every wet item. Like one grass and one rot. 3 pine cones and 3 rot to fill it up completely. Thats all there is to it :mrgreen:

1 minute ago, Ohan said:

Um its just 1 dry item for every wet item. Like one grass and one rot. 3 pine cones and 3 rot to fill it up completely. Thats all there is to it :mrgreen:

Right, I usually do 3 twigs and 3 rot but I still only get 3 compost and not 6. Maybe its a bug on ps4.

Just now, HowlVoid said:

Right, I usually do 3 twigs and 3 rot but I still only get 3 compost and not 6. Maybe its a bug on ps4.

Combining dry and wet items just makes the bin faster, it doesn't provide more.

I never make the composting bin tbh, never felt the need to make it.

Just now, Hornete said:

Combining dry and wet items just makes the bin faster, it doesn't provide more.

I never make the composting bin tbh, never felt the need to make it.

Ahhhhhhhh ok. Ty. I mostly use it to top off Wormwood's hp because missing 10ish hp isn't worth a bat bat or salve use. 

I confess that I used to complain Heavily at Klei that DS Solo was much harder than DST, & in many ways (adventures mode, stronghold areas littered with enemies you have to find a way to “Armor up” to by pass like in spoiler) it still is.

Spoiler

971F61A3-CFA9-4CCF-B7F7-2F390D9181B8.gif.9aa687c05fe0c757bf462f1254b5fc74.gif

BUT I must also confess that isn’t entirely the truth either: Thermal stones in DST lose durability and in solo DS they lasted forever, Animals in inventory starve in DST where as in solo DS they had no spoil timers.. I guess both games have its share of harder & easier content comparisons.

I also confess that Ironically I used to complain about how DST wasn’t designed to be a very “single-player friendly”  game because enemies had much higher health then their Solo DS versions.

This is also no longer TRUTH, The more Klei changes the game with tweaks like QoLs that reduce the crafting costs in things like marble suits and bat-bats, to character reworks such as Abigails petal Bestowment debuff or Webber’s ability to recruit Nurse Spiders to passively heal him and all his spider buddies, to being able to easily get your hands on a Beefalo that follows you EVERYWHERE with just the ring of a bell by its ear…. DST has been becoming easier & easier with each update.. And NOW it’s safe to say that people can actually play the game “Solo” and NOT feel like all the odds are stacked against them for not having friends to play with.

Even WES (the so called challenge character..) has a significantly easier time in staying alive now thanks to things like laughably easy to tame Beefalo that now also go into caves, (Webber’s follower spiders dont follow into or out of caves & that kinda sucks..) cheaper crafting costs for many things like marble armor.

Its pretty safe for me to say that the game that was once designed entirely with multiplayer in mind, has now either intentionally or inadvertently been becoming much more accessible to playing it completely alone.

I can only HOPE the remaining Reworks (Wilson, WX78, Wickerbottom, Wolfgang, Maxwell) all get decent perks that make playing them Alone more enjoyable but also make playing with others more rewarding. 

I feel like the more Klei does to DST, the easier it keeps becoming, but I highly doubt it will stay this way.. with cheaper crafting costs in many resources/armors, new insanely great character abilities, and Beefalo that follow you EVERYWHERE (including into caves when none of the content in a cave was ever designed with taking a Beefalo into it in Mind) I feel like it’s time Klei stops screwing around and reinstates some of the CHALLENGE into the game by cranking things up to 11..

OTHERWISE their Uncompromising Wilderness survival game is going to continue to feel more & more totally compromising with each content update/rework/QoL

And I confess that it does INDEED have me slightly concerned about the future of the franchise, it’s Okay to make things more casual and friendly to newcomers.. but please please PLEASE Do not abandon the franchises roots either… I Lived long enough to see Resident Evil go from Survival Horror to full on Action game that resembled NOTHING of the franchise it started as and then Returned properly to its roots… but I doubt I’ll live long enough to see Klei and the Dont Starve franchise repeat the same mistakes.

I love the newer content of DST, it’s all been a welcome breath of fresh air into the game, but I deeply worry with things like reduced crafting costs hundreds of nurse spider followers capable of carrying hundreds of football helmets for you and instant tamed Beefalo followers.. that it’s straying from the Uncompromising game it claims to be.

(if this post is too off-topic please inform me and I will delete it, I just really felt I needed to speak my mind..)

I still don't know how to properly use the Backstep Watch for kiting in combat. I get teleported like 10 miles away every time I try it, and by the time I get to the enemy, they have another attack ready. There must be something I'm doing wrong.

5 minutes ago, Owlrus said:

I still don't know how to properly use the Backstep Watch for kiting in combat. I get teleported like 10 miles away every time I try it, and by the time I get to the enemy, they have another attack ready. There must be something I'm doing wrong.

It's not good for the young and adult variants of Wanda. Granny wanda has a very short hop that places her near the enemy or only a few steps away. The trick is also to time it where the enemy will hit Wanda while she has invincibility frames.

I haven't really bothered using it on regular mobs though... I fought dragonfly only ever getting hit about 5 times total. Try practicing with DF?

10 minutes ago, Owlrus said:

The distance the back step watch teleports you differs on your age.  In adult its a little over 4 tiles, middle aged is about 2.5 tiles, and elder is only 1.25.  If you're in elder its really smooth especially with the alarming clock range, but in adult with a hambat its not going to be easy XD just kite like normal.

2 hours ago, Owlrus said:

Dont use the backstep clock in her young form to kite, the distance is to much. It started to be worth in meddium age and in elder. Well, actually, dont fight in her young form, use always her medium age, deals crazy damage and lets you a lot of room for mistakes

Also, try to walk while fighting in a way that the point is always arround the enemy

I’ve been playing Wanda for two days now, the character is good.. INSANELY Good.. I don’t quite understand the “point” of the Backtreck watch- In fact I’ve wanted to test & see if I couldn’t just Walk back to where I “blink” back to faster then the watch.

Its really easy to get your paws on Two Age-less clocks as early as day 2-3 if you take a trip to local graveyard which makes her healing pretty much a Non-existent thing unless you get hit by enemies often: Which on Xbox Series X the lag can sometimes be so bad you can’t even fight a single BEEFALO and kite it properly without getting hit by it.

The Second Chance watch in my opinion just makes Wanda actually better to just passively stand on the side-lines Away from a boss fight and continuously revive the other players who are involved in the fight from their deaths- it’s like a much BETTER version of sending Abigail out repeatedly until what you want to kill is Dead.

The rest of the more advanced clocks past these 3 I haven’t bothered crafting yet because I normally use my 3 starting clock parts for the above set up, and have yet to bother going to ruins to gather thelucite for any additional clock parts.

It is however very early into the Month, and we’ve got plenty of time between now and next months content update for tweaks & fine tuning to her character if Klei actually feels like she needs further tweaks.

So I’m not going to get “too use” to how ANYTHING about her works because it’s all still subject to change until Klei move’s on to the next “Thing” they’re doing. Usually they give the reworks/new characters a week or two to gather feedback & then they move on.

Of course I have not got a clue what further tweaks Wanda may or may not need.. I’m just saying as a word of caution: Maybe we shouldn’t get too used to how she works now, because until Klei states otherwise it’s not been “Finalized” & they’re moving to whatever is next on the Roadmap.

Which by the way reminds me We don’t actually know WHAT is next- We know they’re doing a new “thing” in October, we know there’s a second QoL update coming, and then Wolfgang’s rework in December.

But October or November has a Mystery update window for a secret “thing” they’re keeping tight lipped about.

I wouldn’t begin to guess what that thing might be but hopefully it offers up a new game mode or brand new map type to play in just something new, fresh & exciting.

but then again I don’t wanna get anyone’s hopes up either.

7 hours ago, ALCRD said:

I can't beat Klaus solo despite him being supposedly "easy". :(

The fight is complex for DST fights, with a lot of patterns to learn.  Once you learn them its not difficult, but you gotta learn them.  If you're on PC this is easy to use console commands for practice runs - if you're on console I'm sry lol

7 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I’ve been playing Wanda for two days now, the character is good.. INSANELY Good.. I don’t quite understand the “point” of the Backtreck watch- In fact I’ve wanted to test & see if I couldn’t just Walk back to where I “blink” back to faster then the watch.

In Elder form its great for kiting.  You can usually get 1-2 more attacks in per dodge then you would having to walk back to dodge an attack.  In youth form I use it when I'm in base to skip around - like I'll run to a crock pot and grab a dish I'll use it to port back a screen to where I was going lol

I have a over day 500 world, and I've never killed fuelweaver in that world. In fact I have only killed fuelweaver once.

I think it's cause I don't really have a need to kill him, of my two ruins I amassed 10 thelucite crowns and 4 thelucite suits. I have 9 thelucite crowns and 4 thelucite suits.

Btw I could totally kill fuelweaver, except I'm too busy during Autumn farming wood. Have to kill dragonfly, Klaus and deerclops during winter and base build in spring and summer (smoldering is off).

I like to occasionally re-read the games official patch notes starting from the earliest patch up to the current- it helps me to remember what all they have added/changed about the game since it started.. Patch notes don’t usually spoil TOO Much information either (like for example it helps me remember that there is an Underground Lunar Grotto, but it doesn’t tell me what to do OR how to do it while exploring this Lunar Grotto..)

This for me has been my personal way of learning about the content of the game without learning TOO MUCH from watching Streamers or reading Wiki pages.

Patch Notes are accurate, precise & straight from the Dev team themselves.

I WISH they would do more gameplay trailers to showcase more and more of the newer content- because people who only played DST back when it first released in 2017 would quite literally be stepping into an entirely different game with all the new content updates Craftable items, Enemy mobs, character reworks, new dlc characters, and Quality of Life features Klei has been doing since the start of Return of Them in 2019..

There is so much they have done to and continue to do to this charming little game: that sometimes going back & re-looking at patch notes will remind you “oh yeah I totally forgot they added that.”

26 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I like to occasionally re-read the games official patch notes starting from the earliest patch up to the current- it helps me to remember what all they have added/changed about the game since it started.. Patch notes don’t usually spoil TOO Much information either (like for example it helps me remember that there is an Underground Lunar Grotto, but it doesn’t tell me what to do OR how to do it while exploring this Lunar Grotto..)

This for me has been my personal way of learning about the content of the game without learning TOO MUCH from watching Streamers or reading Wiki pages.

Patch Notes are accurate, precise & straight from the Dev team themselves.

I WISH they would do more gameplay trailers to showcase more and more of the newer content- because people who only played DST back when it first released in 2017 would quite literally be stepping into an entirely different game with all the new content updates Craftable items, Enemy mobs, character reworks, new dlc characters, and Quality of Life features Klei has been doing since the start of Return of Them in 2019..

There is so much they have done to and continue to do to this charming little game: that sometimes going back & re-looking at patch notes will remind you “oh yeah I totally forgot they added that.”

they should add the patch trailers to the compendium. They help newplayers a lot, myself included

i wouldnt know how to do the archives puzzle if wasnt because i watched the trailer few times to see what are doing the characters in the in game footage

9 minutes ago, Well-met said:

I've tried playing more public servers lately but it's so boring always starting over doing the same basic survival things just to get by.

feels like mid/late games are non existent in pubs.

Specially since as the characters and the game evolves late game is becoming a more important part of the game. Some characters are weak and somewhat boring before late game too, like Wurt.

Archived