What is a DST confession you have?

14 minutes ago, Baguettes said:

Just died to a pig farm. Imagine having 5205 hours, able to kill bosses solo, know most (if not all) of the mechanics, but

Dies to a pig farm

why would you go there outside of a full moon? 

w

Just now, Well-met said:

have you ever heard of monster meat?

Else, maybe he played wortox or wurt or accidently misclicked

i guess it makes sense

i play wormwood so i always build an extra house separate from the rest for poop purpouses

I don't remember much but I remember starving a lot when playing Warly. I almost died once because of starvation while playing him.
Yeah I kinda screwed up when playing him. Should do better next time.

I have been eating rot from the ground, it grosses me out but I just gotta do it.

With current taming and riding beefalos I just can't get out of his back anymore, since you can't place rot in chests or fuel a firepit... I EAT IT. Yeah...
I would probably eat his poop too if I could...

15 minutes ago, Kur0u said:

I have been eating rot from the ground, it grosses me out but I just gotta do it.

With current taming and riding beefalos I just can't get out of his back anymore, since you can't place rot in chests or fuel a firepit... I EAT IT. Yeah...

it's not so bad if you're solo, have an overwhelming amount of foods and hate to see it spoil

i have 2k hours in the game and spent about 1k of those being a base leech (but one that brought resources, because i mained maxwell)
i didn't actually learn how to FIGHT at all until semi-recently
i still can't manage to do much of anything without someone else's guidance, though there was one time i played as wormwood when he first released and something awakened inside me and i managed to singlehandedly bring the server to glory

We play on a server that drops your items when you dc. I have found a hidden boat of our wealthy and greedy Wolfgang the ruin rusher (he dced there), pulled anchor and used and an oar to show this boaty a way to the deep ocean. 

35 minutes ago, Keller Max said:

We play on a server that drops your items when you dc. I have found a hidden boat of our wealthy and greedy Wolfgang the ruin rusher (he dced there), pulled anchor and used and an oar to show this boaty a way to the deep ocean. 

Chances are its still ricocheting around the ocean as boats don't take damage when unloaded. 

Here's a confession:

I'm developing a small compulsive need to have different fridges/salt boxes for different purposes. So far I have fridges/salt boxes for:

Seeds

Jerky/foods

Veggies

Meats

Ice

Almost forgot I have fridges exclusively for honey.

11 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Chances are its still ricocheting around the ocean as boats don't take damage when unloaded. 

Here's a confession:

I'm developing a small compulsive need to have different fridges/salt boxes for different purposes. So far I have fridges/salt boxes for:

Seeds

Jerky/foods

Veggies

Meats

Ice

Almost forgot I have fridges exclusively for honey.

He spawned on the portal and was pissed off. Later on I found his boat far away from the starting position.

1 hour ago, HowlVoid said:

Seeds

Jerky/foods

Veggies

Meats

Ice

Almost forgot I have fridges exclusively for honey

its actually very useful! on my server we have salt/ice boxes for all of this as well

+ a box for jerky, cooked food, and other fillers that cant go in salt boxes

+ another for completed dishes anyone can grab out of

9 spaces dedicated to one kind of thing is actually a lot of space and in the late game it helps a lot

+ we have two ice boxes dedicated to crop seeds. it barely covers all the essentials

in total we have 6 ice boxes and 2 salt boxes. definitely not a bad habit

I gotta admit it somewhere... I'm the worst excessive cheater you'll ever see (in solo only, obviously). I always set my worlds to endless, because I don't like the concept of "on mistake and lose it all", but most of the times I'm just waaay to lazy to slowly float all over to the portal to revive, so I just do command magic. I mean, I wanna experience content in the time I spend playing, not a walking simulator^^

And don't suggest to try not dying. I've tried that, didn't work.

Also I often die by incredibly stupid means, like "nah, I'm not gonna wait and kite all this spiders, let's just tank them quickly with zero armor"

There are a lot of (apparently useful) items in this game that across my time playing Don’t Starve, Shipwrecked, Hamlet AND DST that I have STILL never crafted..

Some of those items include: Life giving Amulets & Meat Effigy.. which I’m assuming BOTH revive you after death and would probably be actually useful if I would craft.

I completed the entirety of adventures mode in DS Solo never using many things like this that would have probably made my surviving less brutal…

But the most important part: a had a lot of freaking FUN learning, dying.. learning some more, and then finally conquering it after many many “close” attempts.

On 9/17/2020 at 7:49 AM, Terra B Welch said:

Another confession, I've never solo killed the Ancient Fuelweaver, it is the one boss I've not done so. My attenton span combined with my slow-go playing always makes me stop just before.

I guess this remains true if people don't count my Culinary Archipelago playthrough...
If not, then I guess I've pulled off one solo FW kill in my history of DST....

Even if the fight was done in a way that could be replicated in vanilla, I ended up only blowing through the fight with the massive damage buff from spicy volt goat jelly along with Abigail and just brute force tanking, mainly because it was a strategy that worked with my slow thought process.

I will blatantly say it, I can't do Ancient Fuelweaver solo the usual way most do, I can kite fuelweaver fine, it's just all the stuff you have to do in phase 2 all happens so quickly my brain cannot process it all in time, as Wendy, Abigail helped aleviate some of that by kinda crowd controling the woven shadows(Removing the need to pull out a weather pain), and with the spicy volt goat jelly the fight ended quickly enough for my brain to not have to process a ton.

I think Ancient Fuelweaver is a great boss, and it looks like a really fun fight to do solo, it's just my slow thought process makes me really bad at it, even in practice.

Basically yeah, I'm absolute trash at the Ancient Fuelweaver fight to the point that I basically can't do it without relying on the easy way out...

On 6/18/2021 at 7:35 PM, Kur0u said:

You should play Wormwood :lol:

I still don't understand how the compost bin works.

I see on the wiki you need to place half wet items and half dry items and the bin won't take 2 of each. No matter what I do or in what configuration I put them in I can't get it to work. Unless I'm misunderstanding something?

Maybe this should go in the questions thread, but it is embarrassing lol.

Archived