What is a DST confession you have?

15 minutes ago, Owlrus said:

Truth be told I've been burnt out of DST for a long while now and haven't played either, but I stay for the awesome devs and updates.

Just take your time, its really hard to play over and over in the same game for months, at some point you will be ready for dst again with new energy and ideas, but for now its better to just relax in other games or activities

My friend and I decided to explore and learn more about the caves by exploring them in supergodmode. 

We came across the biome where there’s a bunch of Splumonkeys (I still haven’t researched how to get to the ruins or what they look like yet)

and we both nearly died.

While supposedly still in supergodmode().

22 minutes ago, fierysage1 said:

My friend and I decided to explore and learn more about the caves by exploring them in supergodmode. 

We came across the biome where there’s a bunch of Splumonkeys (I still haven’t researched how to get to the ruins or what they look like yet)

and we both nearly died.

While supposedly still in supergodmode().

Splumonkeys appear only in the village biome of the ruins, so you were indeed in the ruins proper! They're also by far the most annoying mob in the game, so thats pretty understandable

1 hour ago, Spino43 said:

How can you have more time than ALL of my games' playtime combined on Steam (yes, include my DST gameplay)

Steam only counts time with the game open, not active play time, so even if he wasn't intentionally keeping the game on when he wasn't playing (such as overnight) there's going to be a lot of time logged that wasn't time spent playing. But if he started playing when the game was first made available then he could have spent most of that time actually playing. If he started when the game was released in early access to everyone who owned Don't Starve that'd be about 3 hours a day every single day worth of game time.

2 hours ago, Spino43 said:

How can you have more time than ALL of my games' playtime combined on Steam (yes, include my DST gameplay)

I get you haven't seen the 25k+ hours DST players out there, or even the 30k+ ones. And no, they weren't "idling" from what I can get (plus not commenting anything else about their choices of spending time and entertainment, to each their own; more-so as it would come as a blatant case of "pot calling the pot black" from an unapologetic alcoholic). Some people do seem to enjoy game that much. If you started playing from Steam's Early Access/Beta phase (December, 2014) every day for ~2h, you would easily amass over 4.6k hours - not counting weekend days when people can play more than those theoretical 2h "comfortably", or during holidays/vacations. Also this is why the "true gamer" general stereotype popped-in: not everyone is "a responsible person with healthy lifestyle and choices" (once more, not pointing any fingers - unapologetic alcoholic here, hi!); frankly I reckon such "healthy responsible" people are in minority, overall.

20 hours ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

I get you haven't seen the 25k+ hours DST players out there, or even the 30k+ ones. And no, they weren't "idling" from what I can get (plus not commenting anything else about their choices of spending time and entertainment, to each their own; more-so as it would come as a blatant case of "pot calling the pot black" from an unapologetic alcoholic). Some people do seem to enjoy game that much.

30,000 hours is almost impossible without idling. For reference, 5 years (since Don't Starve Together released officially) is 43,800 hours. They'd have to be playing 16 hours a day on average/spend 68% of their life on Don't Starve. That assumes they didn't sleep either. I reckon they were hosting games 24/7.

3 minutes ago, SirToastyToes said:

Yup, my beta keys are dated to Dec 2014

How do you check? I was part of the beta but am clueless about anything further than 5 years back. 

With 7 years, 30,000 hours gives around 48.9% time playing Don't Starve Together, or just under 12 hours a day on average. 

Just now, W0l0l0 said:

How do you check? I was part of the beta but am clueless about anything further than 5 years back. 

With 7 years, 30,000 hours gives around 48.9% time playing Don't Starve Together, or just under 12 hours a day.

I just checked my email and went by the date I received it

10 hours ago, W0l0l0 said:

30,000 hours is almost impossible without idling. For reference, 5 years (since Don't Starve Together released officially) is 43,800 hours. They'd have to be playing 16 hours a day on average/spend 68% of their life on Don't Starve. That assumes they didn't sleep either. I reckon they were hosting games 24/7.

Maybe. But the 30k+ h person I've met in a community pub, and wasn't even a moderator.

On 9/17/2020 at 5:00 PM, 0xF741B84C said:

Whenever I die in a slightly stupid way caused by my own stupidity (forget to put on armor, carrying meat near bunnyman, being greedy, ect.), I always get mixed feeling of disappointment and anger, so I refuse to use meat effigy, life amulets or touchstone and rather deleting the world or cheat myself back right in but it ends up deleted an hour later anyways because of guilt. Doesn't matter how many days the world has, I've lost many 300+ day worlds like this.

I do the same so often.  Death by stupidity was usual a deletion of the world. As a result I probably never really learned some of the late game mechanics.  Recently I’ve been better about carrying life giving amulets to boss fights/into ruins. 

On 10/12/2020 at 7:57 PM, Farlan said:

you are like little baby, watch this 

Screen Shot 2020-10-12 at 9.50.51 PM.png

I bought the same pack, but only played the DS version because my laptop was a potato at the time. Just picked up DST about a year ago and have now amassed nearly 900 hours. 

On 2/2/2021 at 8:12 PM, GelatinousCube said:

I've only really recently started using the Starcaller staff for various very useful purposes, beforehand I only used it to cheese Toad.

I used to think it was unnecessary and overkill... how wrong I was. What an extremely useful item!

I accidentally burned my chest area down with one very early on. Just now started using them again and realize how much I missed out by ignoring this item. 

Archived