What is a DST confession you have?

5 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Specially since as the characters and the game evolves late game is becoming a more important part of the game. Some characters are weak and somewhat boring before late game too, like Wurt.

at least wurt seems way more interesting than wilson

wilson main moment :disturbed:

I can play Wes with relatively great ease and I say this as a WENDY MAIN.

Just because Playing as Wendy trivializes parts of the game: Does NOT mean the player can’t learn things as Wendy & apply that new knowledge to other characters.

My first ever Beefalo game was with WITH WENDY (and with things like Winter and Beefalo going into heat turned off), and now as WES because of that experience as Wendy: I knew roughly exactly how many sticks I needed to fully tame that Beefalo as Wes the legit way.

It’s important that I should mention WES deals less damage when fighting: The Beefalo he is riding on does not and should not EVER suffer this same penalty.

playing as Wendy also teaches the player the importance behind picking up flowers, and uses for the millions of silk she will obviously collect.

Which for WES- Translates to: Garlands and Top Hats.

My point? I learned to play as WES the so called “Challenge” character while playing AS WENDY.

I've started rushing bosses in the game about a year ago and I've stopped base building in the game since. It is not as fun as the rush you get from killing bosses quickly and quite frankly, I was never an amazing builder (though I think I've recently figured out how to make nice builds). The time I spend base building could be time I spend boss rushing or doing other challenges.

I also hate wood farming; it's never enough wood.

Edit: By boss rushing, I meant all the bosses in the game.

1 hour ago, lakhnish said:

I've started rushing bosses in the game about a year ago and I've stopped base building in the game since. It is not as fun as the rush you get from killing bosses quickly and quite frankly, I was never an amazing builder (though I think I've recently figured out how to make nice builds). The time I spend base building could be time I spend boss rushing or doing other challenges.

I also hate wood farming; it's never enough wood.

I used to just build a base and chill in the game.  Then I got turned on to ruins and boss rushing.  I would either rush lunar or ruins, then bee queen and dfly by the first day or two of winter.

Now I'm playing Wanda, and having to rush magic with that to get her alarming watch I'm feeling the constraints of that method...

So my next play through I'm going to focus on exploring the top side, basing and building magic.  I'll still hit bosses, but not as high a priority as setting up some bee boxes for honey and some good hound protection.  We'll see if this pays off when I hit ruins in first summer and hopefully have resources to full clear it rather than stealing away a few crowns, magi and starcaller and calling it good.

idk - I've never played a game passed 300 days.  I usually end up deleting it, starting fresh to rush bosses again (feels great to do that) but I'm going to try for the long haul and see if I can get to day 1000!

I literally have OCD when it comes to collecting and hoarding food. I have:

• a pig fire farm to consistently farm for meat every 4-5 days and every full moon
  • 2 boats of lureplants for a stack of leafy meat every 3 days
  • huge honey farm to the extent of filling up 2 fridges with honey. Also a fridge full of ice
  • spider farm with bunnies for monster meat (and the occasional hound waves too)
  • mass farms for dragonfruit, tomaroots, potatoes, garlic, carrots, and onions
  • a medium sized berry farm for trail mix stacks
  • a medium sized stone fruit farm for... fruit
  • 3-4 bundling wraps of full crockpot dish stacks, and 10-12 wraps for stacks of food items like meats & jerky, honey, fruits & veggies

And I never, NEVER, eat that food. I have a tendency to rather scavenge for food than touch any of the food from my farms. 

:crushed::crushed::crushed:

2 hours ago, zacqiang said:

• a pig fire farm to consistently farm for meat every 4-5 days and every full moon
  • huge honey farm to the extent of filling up 2 fridges with honey. Also a fridge full of ice
  • spider farm with bunnies for monster meat (and the occasional hound waves too)
  • 3-4 bundling wraps of full crockpot dish stacks, and 10-12 wraps for stacks of food items like meats & jerky, honey, fruits & veggies

And I never, NEVER, eat that food. I have a tendency to rather scavenge for food than touch any of the food from my farms. 

Honey farms are how I broke my compulsive need to hoard food. Basically I take the 2 stacks from my 12 farms and eat only off of that. When it gets empty I only get more from my honey farm. Any passive monster meat is feed to my pigs to get a guaranteed pig skin and I don't bother with them otherwise. Any meat from that gets turned into bacon and eggs if I have over a stack and honey ham if I only killed 4 or so werepigs. 

I realized I had problem when I spent multiple days just to manage food and make sure nothing spoiled. I felt the urge that every farm had to be run 24/7 or I wasn't gaining from them. I would stockpile so much near spoiling food that was feed to pigs and in turn feed my addiction.

You can do it friend! Break free from your addiction! I believe in you!

Damn, this could be an episode of hoarders.

"Hi, I'm HowlVoid and I'm addicted to hoarding virtual food."

41 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Honey farms are how I broke my compulsive need to hoard food. Basically I take the 2 stacks from my 12 farms and eat only off of that. When it gets empty I only get more from my honey farm. Any passive monster meat is feed to my pigs to get a guaranteed pig skin and I don't bother with them otherwise. Any meat from that gets turned into bacon and eggs if I have over a stack and honey ham if I only killed 4 or so werepigs. 

I realized I had problem when I spent multiple days just to manage food and make sure nothing spoiled. I felt the urge that every farm had to be run 24/7 or I wasn't gaining from them. I would stockpile so much near spoiling food that was feed to pigs and in turn feed my addiction.

You can do it friend! Break free from your addiction! I believe in you!

Damn, this could be an episode of hoarders.

"Hi, I'm HowlVoid and I'm addicted to hoarding virtual food."

I have been taught since childbirth to not waste food, so it's still a habit that when I see food available for the taking, I must, MUST go get it and stockpile it.

And well, it's finally time for a new rank: Virtual Food Hoarder :crushed:

I didn't bring enough weather pains to fight Fuelweaver, so I cheesed him :(

Honestly I feel like he's a well designed fight, its just that fighting him solo is not my cup of tea :/ I don't really like the bone cages, etc

Done every other boss legitimately so far :)

I sometimes die because I have to get up & go pee: Like yesterday, Yesterday I died to some stupid frogs as Wanda because I got up long enough to go take a leak. Dying from inexperience I don’t tend to do often: but dying due to having to get up and relieve myself/help family do something- …

I Know far too well what floating around as a ghost is like, and I’m 100% certain people probably think I’m some inexperienced noob when they see the server say I died to silly reasons like “Darkness” or “Freezing” outside of Winter, etc… But they only need to look at my game achievements to see I’ve 100% completed both DST AND DS Solo: That’s not an easy task- Anyone who was actually able to unlock Wes & Maxwell in Solo DS deserve their credit for doing it.

But: Because I know what it’s like to float around as a ghost- I know all the cool interactions ghosts can have on the world- I love floating around turning flowers into evil flowers as a Ghost.. not only does it make ghosts not 125% useless- but it also gives me something valuable to come collect later once I Respawn from my dumb had to go pee deaths.

4 hours ago, lunaseaa said:

I didn't bring enough weather pains to fight Fuelweaver, so I cheesed him :(

Honestly I feel like he's a well designed fight, its just that fighting him solo is not my cup of tea :/ I don't really like the bone cages, etc

Done every other boss legitimately so far :)

I think its fun to do bosses different ways.  It changes up the experience ^_^

9 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

But: Because I know what it’s like to float around as a ghost- I know all the cool interactions ghosts can have on the world- I love floating around turning flowers into evil flowers as a Ghost.. not only does it make ghosts not 125% useless- but it also gives me something valuable to come collect later once I Respawn from my dumb had to go pee deaths.

Evil flowers are awesome in a ruins base ngl. Make a field and equip a BQ crown for massive sanity boost outside of combat, and I also placed a bee box + starcaller for the bees to work their honey (not efficient but I'm dumb so please let go of my mistakes :crushed:).

11 minutes ago, zacqiang said:

Evil flowers are awesome in a ruins base ngl. Make a field and equip a BQ crown for massive sanity boost outside of combat, and I also placed a bee box + starcaller for the bees to work their honey (not efficient but I'm dumb so please let go of my mistakes :crushed:).

I really like bee queen crown + snurtle shell armor.  You can hide next to a lamp during the nm cycle for max sanity gains XD

Do the evil flowers wither the way normal flowers do if they're not in natural sunlight?

30 minutes ago, Shosuko said:

I really like bee queen crown + snurtle shell armor.  You can hide next to a lamp during the nm cycle for max sanity gains XD

Do the evil flowers wither the way normal flowers do if they're not in natural sunlight?

Nope, evil flowers never wilt, so they are perfect for honey farms underground.

Xbox does not have Klei servers- our worlds are only ran for as long as someone hosts them: And most the time that’s right up till Winter starts and the host quits playing.

So knowing I will likely never see the world again: I go around crafting random 100% items like Football/Beefalo/Winter/Top Hats, Armor/Spears/Pickaxes/Axe/ 100% Torches/Lanterns etc..and I will drop those some place randomly on the map for others to stumble upon and use I like to most the time place them by failed survivor set pieces but anywhere works really.

On 9/17/2021 at 11:25 AM, zacqiang said:

Are... are you me? 

10 minutes ago, Shosuko said:

Last night was a bad night -_- I let my clock run out 3 times as Wanda and got in fights without armor where I knew I'd take damage leading to 2 more deaths all in like 1.5 hours T_T

pls someone be as bad as me at this game T_T

dont worry I died like 6 times as old wanda in a pub

I often check the Xbox Events page on Xbox live- now that DST is there I keep hoping Klei will tease an upcoming event/update there before the event starts.

Doesn't have to be anything “Too Revealing” could simply even just be dates for when the current thing they have on events page ends and nothing else.

Either way it makes people say “wait if this is ending soon.. what replaces it?”

Unfortunately, there is no such tease on the events app, which is a shame because if a Terraria Cross-Over was Legit happening you would think there would be a brief tease about it in the events app.

And like I said it doesn’t have to be anything too revealing!! “DST is getting a new event on X date Stay Tuned..”

Then maybe you can scroll over through OTHER games events and find one for Terraria that says “Terraria is getting a new event on X date, wait the same day as DST? Huh well isn’t that interesting we’re sure it’s just a coincidence”

It doesn’t give players MUCH to go on or provide any details, but it Does let Em know both games get an event on the same date.

Archived