Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

9 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Please play the game.

Look I don’t play PC games okay? So excuse me for not knowing that the same 4 slot tribute interface is re-used again in other areas of the game- But if you can name ONE Console game that re-uses the same slot insertion interface in multiple areas of the game then I will more then gladly shut up for you.

All I’m saying is it may be convenient for Klei to use and it may be common in PC games but it is highly uncommon & absolutely confusing to a console player.. 

Isnt it about time that we got a QoL update that gave these things their own unique interaction interfaces instead of re-using the same one in multiple parts of the game? (They can even give each one unique looks to them.. with fancy outer border art) 

But ultimately- If something doesn’t ever USE four slots... then it should not HAVE four slots.

Right? :( 

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

Look I don’t play PC games okay? So excuse me for not knowing that the same 4 slot tribute interface is re-used again in other areas of the game- But if you can name ONE Console game that re-uses the same slot insertion interface in multiple areas of the game then I will more then gladly shut up for you.

Don't quote me on that but the "cummunity project" sorts of buildings in DST function similarly to their counterparts in the Animal crossing series and as far as remember they too have a set number of slots regardless of the project. It's probably been over a thousand days since I played Animal Crossing: New Leaf so what I see in DST daily might be clouding my memories but as far as I remember, the insert interfaces were the same for different projects.

• Like 1

On 8/13/2020 at 10:21 PM, Lbphero said:

WHO IS LEAPIN' LENA

dontstarve_steam_1uEISHPGOA.png.81169004596d425db1b1912a9003bae4.png

image.png.68194e5b5e79d20fa76b84491dea7ccf.png

Winona's quote trivia section on the wiki pointed this out to me. Not that I read through all the quotes obsessively or anything...

On 8/16/2020 at 11:57 PM, Notecja said:

Where that all food eaten by survivors go? Did they have some kind of black hole in their stomach? A other dimension?

Woodie's quote: image.png.726e1199ffee6a425ce4d7a9b719c01f.png

So I think they do, it just wasn't programmed in for obvious reasons. The bigger question is, why am I wasting my time explaining the bathroom habits of fictional characters? 

On 8/24/2020 at 11:03 AM, Lbphero said:

why can none of the characters swim

I've always thought (or maybe it's because I read it in a fancomic by itstheblob) that if you fall in spooky scary shadow hands pull you under. It's not a matter of not being able to swim, it's not being able to fight back. 

Or, alternatively, in DST, you wind up on shore sopping wet. Either shadow hands put you back on shore, OR the characters DID swim back, but are obviously sopping wet and cold.

Edited by Willyhoo
  • Like 2
  • Shopcat 1

Why do Survivor, Guest of Honor, Triumphant and Roseate skins of reworked characters drop in Elegant Quality instead of Heirloom?

I was so excited to get a Willow survivor skin drop last week but it turns out the skins I listed for reworked characters only drop at weavable elegant quality. Thus since I already had one from the willow rework chest, I sadly unraveled the duplicate. Why can't those skins drop in Heirloom quality- to be marketable on steam and fill that empty slot in the curio cabinet. What would be the harm in that- you should be able to weave the elegant quality but the dropped ones should be heirloom to grant match their marketability like most of the other items; it seems ridiculous to me to make the Heirloom skins ethernally limited and endangered after a character rework, leaving dark empty slots on curio cabinet that annoy those who want to get every skin without paying hundreds of simoleons.

Do people really spend upwards of 50$ on one silly little skin on Steam Market Place?

Will Any of Klei’s OTHER Games such as Hot Lava or ONI ever come out for Xbox?

Will Hamlet have its own Mobile Smartphone App like DS Reign of Giants and DS Shipwrecked?

Do people really spend upwards of 50$ on one silly little skin on Steam Market Place?

Because they like it. While I don't use it to that extreme, the skins that can't be weaved are very painful to get, and thus the market place acts as a gate way for the those skins to those who don't burn hours on playing to maybe get those skins.

Will Any of Klei’s OTHER Games such as Hot Lava or ONI ever come out for Xbox?

Hot lava, most likely but Oxygen not Included? Not likely. While they could fenagle some sort of control scheme for consoles, I feel the game is way too button complicated to be able to properly immerse a player. For the best compatison, DST barely skids the mark with thier controls as they (despite thier short comings that you are well aware of) control decenly like how they do on a pc. ONI, on the other hand, would either face the problem of being too slugish or too complex that the learning curve would be a bit steep. It's not a question of if they can run it, it a question on much they have to change and rework to get a proper version out.

Will Hamlet have its own Mobile Smartphone App like DS Reign of Giants and DS Shipwrecked?

Maybe, but there is also the possibility that they abandoned everything related to Hamlet after the Xbox version was released.

Edited by Frashaw27

5 hours ago, Hornete said:

What would be the point of Heirlooms if you could just get them like every other elegant?

Well to put more value to the drops; having them drop is an extremely rare occasion but when monetarily a bunch of spliffy items are more valuable if you already have weaved or otherwise obtained the elegant version, it takes away from the occasion.

And besides if they tweak the curio cabinet so the heirloom versions never appear unless you have them, like the twitch drops in belongings tab, it would have been fine but it's rather intimidating to have up to four dark slots on a character's item screen, even at 100% complete state.

Lastly it's healthy for the skin economy of DST; occasionally increasing the supply of heirloom items instead of having them always go for higher and higher prices due to their numbers getting rarer and rarer is a bit absurd.

• Like 1

Why do they keep making skins that would be fun/funny to fight with into tool skins instead of weapon skins?

I know the Bat Bat has a scythe skin but the scythe skin they gave to pickaxes would have been so much cooler as a spear, and while a crowbar hammer makes sense it would be so satisfying to get to wallop a monster with a crowbar.

• Like 5

Okay so uhm every animated short has provided a brief glimpse into a characters personality/History (except Woodie who’s lore is scattered everywhere so he don’t count.)

So it is now time to ask the biggest question of them all... (yes bigger than any question I’ve ever asked across not just this thread but everything I’ve ever posted..) 

Drumroll please!.... 

When we finally get Wes’s actual animated short and we get to see what his life was BEFORE being Lured into the constant is it possible that we will *collective room gasp* Get to actually hear Wes SPEAK?!?!

This is not a troll post- everyone who is in the constant is there because they were tricked to be there.. And here’s a thought- Maybe outside of the constant Wes WANTED to be a Mime but he was a failure at it.. by not being able to remain silent, he was loud.. he let joyful giggles slip when he created his balloon animals.. and Maxwell promises him he can help him to become a better Mime if he goes to the Constant.

Upon arriving there however... Wes discovers that he actually can no longer speak, and his Mime act can be perfect!

Its sad, it’s dramatic.. and it fits the theme of a DST “Tear Jerker” Animated short.

So I ask again is it possible we will actually hear Wes SPEAK in his animated short, prior to being stripped of his voice & silenced? 

*Dramatic Cliff Hanger Music*

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

This is not a troll post- everyone who is in the constant is there because they were tricked to be there.. And here’s a thought- Maybe outside of the constant Wes WANTED to be a Mime but he was a failure at it.. by not being able to remain silent, he was loud.. he let joyful giggles slip when he created his balloon animals.. and Maxwell promises him he can help him to become a better Mime if he goes to the Constant.

We do know that Wes did (or didn't) do something that Maxwell did not like. He's the only one that Maxwell personally locked away. Well, the only one besides himself, anyway.

HeDispleasedMe.png

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Health 1