Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

With Gnarwail Horn now being in the game.. and it looking like Unicorn Horn, is it possible that Wigfrids Rework will now include them in the crafting recipe for her Helmets? 

Disclaimer: Reworks have been aimed at giving each character a more fleshed out playstyle, with gameplay features you may otherwise not even engage within when not playing that character- Take Wendy as an example: I don’t actively seek out Pipspook when not playing Wendy, Or Kelps when not playing Wurt..

Is it possible that a Wigfrid rework will actually utilize the power of the Unicorn “Horn?” 

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

With Gnarwail Horn now being in the game.. and it looking like Unicorn Horn, is it possible that Wigfrids Rework will now include them in the crafting recipe for her Helmets? 

Disclaimer: Reworks have been aimed at giving each character a more fleshed out playstyle, with gameplay features you may otherwise not even engage within when not playing that character- Take Wendy as an example: I don’t actively seek out Pipspook when not playing Wendy, Or Kelps when not playing Wurt..

Is it possible that a Wigfrid rework will actually utilize the power of the Unicorn “Horn?” 

Currently the main reason Wigfrid's helmet is so good is because of its relatively cheap crafting recipe. I don't think that could be changed, but maybe a rarer, higher tier helmet using the Gnarwail Horn could exist. That'd be cool. Though I think a higher tier of spear would be better. Since Wigfrid's helmets hold their weight for a really REALLY long time, but her spears get outclassed pretty quickly (although they do have way more power than what you'd normally have earlygame... minus tentacle spikes...) 

• Like 3

Time to ask the big questions..

Okay we all know that September is the next Rework, and we assume it will be Wigfrid.. We Also know that Klei has been following a pattern of Rework one month, Return of Them Update the next, Rework, Return of Them Update.. 

They ALSO more Recently threw in QoL into that update schedule- so will it now be.. Rework, RoT, QoL, Rework and so on?

If the above schedule is accurate- then the next Return of Them Update is in October... will we be getting a Hallowed Nights themed Return of Them Update?? Or will Return of Them be put on hold until after the Holidays?

Lastly Halloween & Christmas are my favorite times of the year, but has Klei said anything about Hallowed Nights & Winters Feast returning?

Just now, Notecja said:

I'm terrified.

It terrify me more than moonrock pengulls. Thank you for nightmares, I needed some nightmare fuel for some magic. 

Ironically the site is called "sewing our sanity." Jelly Salad should restore some of your sanity no?

Edited by hoppin mandrake
  • Sanity 2

I’m back to add more questions that don’t deserve their own thread. :)

As a Wendy Main.. I have to ask why so many people tend to think that Wendy is the easiest character in the game to play?

Yes she has Abigail, and Abigail wrecks stuff for her, but Abigail does not solve every problem, Abigail does get killed, she will lose strength- And Prior to Wendy’s Rework.. Abigail took quite some time to be allowed to be summoned again.

Now to the people crying please don’t make Wes useful, or to the people saying don’t make Wigfrid even more OverPowered, I have to ask why???

LOOK at WENDY Rework, just look at it.. and I mean REALLY look at it- And you’ll see that Wendy’s rework made her significantly easier to play, you don’t have to wait till Abigails flower reblooms out to summon her again.. (yes she will have low HP but you can technically just endlessly summon low hp Abigail every time she dies) your no longer having to run directly into the danger to pick up Abigails flower after Abigail dies because the flower never leaves your inventory anymore.. To top that off, You can boost Abigail with potions to make her even stronger, AND anything Abigail Attacks provides a petal Bestowment buff that lets people attacking what Abigail attacks deal more damage.

Wendy no longer needs to drop Abigails flower on the ground and then murder a mob near the flower to summon Abigail.

These aren’t Quality of Life improvements.. they made Wendy stronger then she’s ever been.. and that’s actually GOOD.

But.. Wendy is by no means the easiest character in the game to play, for me.. that would be Wolfgang, who can literally eat a few food stuffs and Superman punch his way to victory. And where Abigail is useless in situations like boss fights, Wolfgang succeeds with ease.

So again I ask why is Wendy generally seen as the easy mode character?

Now- Because this is a thread about asking questions I’m going to ask more questions.

Think about how much easier Klei made Wendy and Willow and Woodie to play.. (Woodie even lost his Transformation curse from chopping too much Wood) And then ask yourself if you honestly think that every other character (including Wes) do not deserve to also be made easier to play?

In short- Downsides seem to be disappearing completely, but that does not mean that the entire game is going to get to the point where it will always be easier... for all we know Klei could be hard at work right now creating new areas for us to go to, new islands with new threats, and their own challenges, Harder game difficulties... etc.

My point here is that just because these reworks have been making characters significantly easier to pick up & play- Does NOT Mean that the entire game will always be easier.. I’ve seen how Klei works, and these guys & girls-  well to put it simply they’re working with Shadow Manipulator levels of magic..

Okay so Time for more questions! Using every other previous rework as an example of what to expect moving forward, Would you honestly expect anything less then character downsides to be toned down and them becoming easier to play?

Just as easily as Klei makes them more easily accessible and enjoyable, they could lure you in with false confidence and then rip the welcoming mat right out for under your feet with a new update.

Something like this I guess??

“Hey guys we here at Klei have decided to make your lives in the constant a little more miserable, because today we are releasing our biggest update ever.. introducing OUR version of Uncompromising Mode- A mode where everything you know gets flip turned upside down on its head.. Biomes will be blocked off, puzzles will need solving, Familiar Enemies are smarter with new abilities, And if that wasnt enough- Harsh crippling character downsides are back, Here’s a taste of what to expect- Wendy had a hard enough time parting with her dear sister the first time, so anytime that Abigail dies it rips away at Wendy’s actual heart bleeding out her Health Core, Biomes May be completely gassed out requiring special gear to travel through, Forge Mechanics and Forge enemies have found their way onto this land, This is UNCOMPROMISING Mode.. and we made sure you are defiantly going to suffer ;)

The above is only a mere EXAMPLE of how characters becoming easier to play, does not necessarily mean the end of the world..

Klei has a grand plan, they have a vision for this games future.. they even tease cool stuff like Cross-Play!

So for now I will ask these questions.

Why be scared of Klei’s work? Why be scared of the plans they have set In motion? If character reworks become even more powerful.. why should you worry?

(They've literally already started doing it as I briefly detailed earlier using Wendy and Abigail as an excellent example)

Edited by Mike23Ua

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

snip

I'm not going to answer all of these, but I'd like to argue why some people are worried about downsides disappearing off characters.

Downsides are important for characters to have, they force you to play different with each character, and make you prepare for certain situations differently. Wigfrid needs to eat meat, so she needs to change how she plays to focus on hunting. Maxwell is frail, so he needs to find ways around direct combat or find ways to survive it. Wormwood can't heal from food, so he has to find alternative ways of getting health back. All three of these make gameplay more interesting then your basic Wilson. Some downsides don't change a character, but others have been ingrained in that characters personality! I think Klei knows somewhat that downsides are important, because they kept Wendy's, reworked Willows, and gave Winona a brand new one! (This kind of falls apart with Woodie though, oops!)

Basically I think downsides are radical and make characters even more interesting to play with their abilities.

I think it's cool that characters are receiving new abilities, I just want downsides to still affect them in some capacity, even if we are getting a harder mode.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

image.png.0e4d6d7dfc8e6949aa178c8c1316bdc5.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Why did This old dead game called don't starve get a 1.37 GB update on 9/3/2020? I mean Nobody plays don't starve anymore. Isnt klei just suppose to focus on ONi, DST, and Griftlands? Seriusly I wonder what klei added to single player don't starve on 9/3/2020, and this is a big update it 1.37 GB. they coulve fixed trillons of bugs and glitches, added something new, or they added a secret ARG in DS

Edited by Jrramon_GOLD
I have nothing agasint Don't starve single player
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

The update adds tameable Beefalo to single player don’t starve, along with fences, and gates- it Also fixed some bugs with the newly released Xbox One version of Hamlet- And Added Wagstaff as a playable character into the game (he has not been playable for Xbox players until this update)

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • GL Happy 1

6 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

The update adds tameable Beefalo to single player don’t starve, along with fences, and gates- it Also fixed some bugs with the newly released Xbox One version of Hamlet- And Added Wagstaff as a playable character into the game (he has not been playable for Xbox players until this update)

Those have been in since a little after Hamlet, there's also bundling wrap as well. (unless you mean a console update just recently added it then that's good that they have that as well now)

Edited by cropo

Here's a meta question: when people quote someone else's to notify them but erase everything in the quote, do they write "snip" there manually or is it an automatic feature of the forum that when there's nothing in the quotation box it writes snip. For long I just assumed people were writing "snip" there as a custom when they erase what's inside the quotation box but I've seen the same "snip" so many times without punctuation differences or capitalization differences or even different alternatives like "snap", "snop" or "[deleted]" that it is getting to feel more and more like an automated feature, as I can't believe so many people can act in such levels of coordination and consistency.

• Haha 1