Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

2 hours ago, OsiriCousland said:

I believe that c_countprefabs() only counts prefabs that are loaded on screen, and I sometimes use it to quickly count how many saplings/grass tufts I've planted for my lureplant setup. Your best bet regarding "tumbleweedspawner" would be c_gonext() instead.

no, it can count prefabs off screen

Dear Klei: With a Menu full of things we can toggle on/off, more/less: Why are you guys still so afraid of updating existing biomes with exciting new content? Instead the newer stuff has been mostly crammed away out in the ocean, and while having a sailable ocean is nice.. most the content out here is small and require boating expeditions to reach.

I want some content that’s right in my face right out the gate: maybe like Flurps added to swamp biome or snakes in the oasis- just things to actually see and fight instead of walking around in empty biomes gathering the resources that spawn in them.

Why can’t I have a “Randomize EVERYTHING” button? I WANT Mad Uncontrollable Chaos… why won’t you let me have that?!?! :( 

Why can’t I toggle if in spring it will rain normal frogs.. or hamlet style poisonous frogs? 

Why is there no DST Adventures mode yet? Why has there been no announcement of what you guys plan to do with the game on Xbox Series & PS5?

oh and the question I’m sure EVERYONE is asking- When will we get news on the exciting “new thing” you guys were teasing that’s coming in October?

Edited by Mike23Ua

1 minute ago, Falkenpelz said:

Do tentacles in the swamp respawn naturally over time, if you cleared the entire biome?

How the heck do you examine objects that have another interaction for right click (like eat or equip)? Over 1000h in this game and I still don't know this...

Tentacles don't respawn.

In the pc version you can press alt and then click on anything and it will examine it.

• Like 1
  • Health 1

Maybe this is a dumb question to ask but how does one gather “ancient fossils” to summon a surface version of FuelWeaver (whatever they’re official names may be..) WITHOUT having Caves content enabled?

Over on Xbox Caves are always on by default- but also to the BEST of my Known Knowledge about the game- these Fossils can only be found while down in caves mining stalagmites.

So I ask again- How do people over on PC summon “Forest Stalkers” I think they’re called.. without access to Caves content where the fossils are found?

5 hours ago, Falkenpelz said:

Do tentacles in the swamp respawn naturally over time, if you cleared the entire biome?

How the heck do you examine objects that have another interaction for right click (like eat or equip)? Over 1000h in this game and I still don't know this...

i think not, and you can drop them in the floor maybe? idk if youre on pc or console, someone already said what to do in pc

10 hours ago, Falkenpelz said:

Not exactly the answer to your question (since it's already been answered), but if you need tentacle drops then Wickerbottom's On Tentacles will allow you to get infinite tentacle drops as it only requires 1 tentacle spot to craft but spawns 15 tentacles which each have a 20% chance of dropping a spot. Big tentacles found underground will also have a chance to drop tentacle spikes & tentacle spots, and they'll respawn infinitely.

4 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

So I ask again- How do people over on PC summon “Forest Stalkers” I think they’re called.. without access to Caves content where the fossils are found?

You could create a mod or use console commands. There is no legitimate way to do so in an unmodified version of the game. But most people on PC play with caves enabled anyways.

Edited by Cheggf
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Theukon-dos said:

Does Wanda count as a MILF?

I don't know but she can tune my clock any time.

She can wind me up any day.

She can polish my gears any place. 

Spoiler

Tough crowd sheesh 

Edited by HowlVoid
  • Haha 2
  • Shopcat 2

To the past few posts: You guys get really really bored in between new content updates huh?

I have a question I would like to ask Klei: Looking at Dont Starve (as an entire franchise) What has been your favorite update, dlc, or event that you guys enjoyed making the most over anything else you have done so far?

1 hour ago, Hornete said:

I'll be impressed if someone can find one longer.

The first line for Wanda's quote for the Moon Rock Wall has 69 characters.

The first line for Wanda's quote for the Broken Clockworks has 78 characters.

Both are repairable and the second line is the same.

In conclusion: Why, Klei?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

While a good majority of the questions in this thread are silly, some of them are valid questions, and at the time of me writing this post I’m currently messing around with Winona in the Wardrobe Cabinet mixing and matching various different clothing parts to make her look as close to Charlie as I possibly can- when it suddenly occurred to me:

Why can’t we further Mix and match our characters? 

As a console player without access to mods, I can already equip tails onto humans who never had one, let’s pretend for example Wilson’s rework gave him a surfboard as part of his new abilities- It would make sense for him to have a Walani skin right? 
And if Tails are already in the game.. why can’t I just mix and match body parts to recreate Shipwreckeds Wilbur? The loveable Monkey.

I mean of course I would rather have the actual characters themselves added to the game, but if Wolfgang can look like a Werewolf, and Wortox like one of the Gargoyles from the 90’s kids tv series named the same.. If getting skins that LOOK like them is the best we can get.. why not let us turn Winona into Charlie or Wilson into Walani? Etc..

I look at the clothing menu like playing with lego’s you can mix and match the parts to create your own unique character without needing Mods to do it..

Why can’t we have even more customization choice here? And if I can make Winona look like Charlie, and Wurt look like some weird angler fish- what’s stopping us from having further customization??

Edited by Mike23Ua