Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

Just now, ArubaroBeefalo said:

is there a limit on how many X marks i can have in the map? sometimes i notice that 2 bottles can mark the same destination

Yes, 4 hunts maximum at a time.

Be sure to get the treasures before you read more bottles.

• Thanks 2

On 9/2/2021 at 3:19 AM, noindyfikator said:

Hey, I've just bought wormwood. I have really big problems with healing early game. Me and my friend were fighting Deerclop, he ate 3 pierogi and was super fine, I was running away eating rot for 4 hp. I did research and I found out I need tons of nitre for compost wraps.

Is there easy way to farm nitre or I need to be masochist and mine every boulder I see? :(

Hello! Welcome to the pack!

I will give you a list of the healing methods for Wormwood from best to meh:

1. The bat bat! Absolutely great healing and has great synergy with Wormwood. If you can't rush the ruins you can start by digging up graves red+blue gems. You'll need 2 and then you can get more from Klaus+ Drangonfly+hounds. Great net gain of 470 hp healing at the sacrifice of two arms (living logs). 2 Bunnymen at either side of a sinkhole will auto-farm basilisk wings and any you leave to rot you can throw in the compost bin.

To offset the sanity penalty you can grow carrots from the carrots grown all throughout the constant. They grow autumn - spring so its easy to have a steady gain of sanity recovering seeds (+plus food). Make sure to run through them blooming at least once to get your seeds back (or one man band). 

2. Honey poultice. Basing near a swamp is a no brainer as Wormwood. Papyrus can also be used to make nightmare armor if you cant get a hold on thelucite crowns. Wormwood can easily overcome the sanity penalty of nightmare armor, darksword, and batbat. Having a 95% defence armor on hand means you'll use your bat bat at maximum efficiency. Honey farms are great to have anyways so why not. 

3. Healing salve. When you have stone bushes set up and a bunnymen+spider farm they because crazy easy to set up. Gunpowder a couple stacks of stone bushes and collect the rocks + ash.

4. Compost. Any rot you get from your spider farm, just throw it in there. Easy healing at base when you have a very small amount of damage. 8 hp between organizing chests isn't too bad! Also less button mashing than the 4 rot provides. Don't recommend using it to battle.

5. Compost wrap. When you have so many healing options this one is the worst imo. The nitre requirement is a real bummer and should honestly use compost instead (10 compost even, would even sacrifice it's blooming effect). Moleworm farms are an rng and other methods can mean waiting a long time or going out of your way. Reeds aren't exactly all in one place but it being an instant effect makes them better for me (emergency). I trigger blooming via rotten fish early game and growth formula for late game. 

6. Tent. Good for early game living logs. Good way to turn those none damaging foods into hp gains (raw monster meat/red shrooms).

7. Mushroom planter. Blue mushrooms to heal your beefalo. Place them underground at your nearest sinkhole and they'll grow in winter too. Winter is the best time to collect blue spores and when you plant them you can collect them at your leisure. May not be worth it if the sinkhole is too far from base.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, ShadowQueen said:

How long till' Klei adds a 'hydration' meter to the game?

I hope NEVER.. in every game I’ve ever played that included one the mechanic was more annoying then it was Fun.. 7 days to die at least had a clever way of doing it.. you had to catch water in a bottle and Boil it to decontaminate it.

But it was still annoying & considering that the entirety of DST has a bunch of ponds and an ocean you can go to- it would just be one more not so game changing thing you would need to maintain.

Not to mention that IF such a feature were to be implemented it would function in the same way as the Watering Can does and if we’re lucky… use those darn useless empty bottles after you fetch them from the ocean.

In fact that’s my question to KLEI

WHY are these Bottles so useless?!?! Yeah yeah I know I can give them back to Pearl, but In FORTNITE Jars are used to catch Fireflies which make makeshift Molotovs (in DST they would probably just be a weaker version of the Lantern as I light source) In Reality Jars are also used to further preserve things like HONEY and JAM.. Why can’t Pearls mostly useless bottles have actual really cool gameplay uses?? It would certainly get me to explore ocean content more often.

And if a Thirst Mechanic were added.. I would want it to use these Jars like Canteens are used in ARK SURVIVAL EVOLVED.

The TL:DR- KLEI WHY ARE PEARLS MESSAGE JARS NOT ACTUALLY USEFUL?!

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

The TL:DR- KLEI WHY ARE PEARLS MESSAGE JARS NOT ACTUALLY USEFUL?!

they let you find chests which even if they may not have the best loot are great decoration they allow you to trade with pearl for things like pinch and winch and what does this have to do with anything the person said

• Like 1

Klei is it intended to be part of gameplay design for people to be able to place lureplants on a boat platform? The Lureplants just produce Leafy Meats without the attacking eyes- seems broken to me but luckily that’s what this thread is for, asking random questions! 

do I expect anyone from Klei to actually respond? Of course not.. but in a thread about asking questions, it never hurts to ask more questions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

Klei is it intended to be part of gameplay design for people to be able to place lureplants on a boat platform? The Lureplants just produce Leafy Meats without the attacking eyes- seems broken to me but luckily that’s what this thread is for, asking random questions! 

do I expect anyone from Klei to actually respond? Of course not.. but in a thread about asking questions, it never hurts to ask more questions.

Ah I love leafy meat boats, so many good dishes for such little effort

• Like 1
  • Health 1

5 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Well you could already do this with crafted tiles, so its kind of intended. 

I have a question. What's the tile range of the above average tree in tiles? Does anyone have a picture? Can I also grow above average trees at the very edge of land? Or do they have a minimal distance from land requirement. 

Edited by HowlVoid

2 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

Well you could already do this with crafted tiles, so its kind of intended. 

I have a question. What's the tile range of the above average tree in tiles? Does anyone have a picture? Can I also grow above average trees at the very edge of land? Or do they have a minimal distance from land requirement. 

Give me a sec.

image.thumb.png.4560a4a9c93ed654d03ae974c409fc79.png

image.thumb.png.1cab0c7b4944ba313740a9b6f5e748ec.png

How close you can plant the tree + how weird it looks, also, the boat I used to plant them

image.thumb.png.25e314b1a0d487ded7f8a92d85c22f66.png

5 tiles of shadow, if you plant them like that

• Like 1
  • Sanity 1
  • Big Ups 1

3 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

Woke up super early to see some Wanda action... Guess I'm too early?

Beard777 posted a vid on yt not long ago about Wanda and her abilities if you are curious how she works.

Edited by ALCRD

So uhm.. now that Wanda and Multiplayer teleportation abilities will officially be added into the game (sad Wortox noises) Can i please get Walani finally?? Pretty sure Walani could NEVER be as broken of a character to add as Wanda seems to be- But as always I will reserve my final judgements of her for when I actually get to play her I guess.

Im just sort of Angry that she’s a blend of Wortox, Wormwood, Maxwell & Wickerbottom without well you know.. further fleshing those already existing characters out? As someone who plays a good bit of Wortox I wanted to be able to grab hold of a teammate and X-men style Nightcrawler Teleport players short distances with me.

But I guess Wanda now makes such a feature irrelevant right?