Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

18 minutes ago, Keller Max said:

Shouldn't i be able to turn pigs into werepigs with durians?

You'd think so, but nope. The concept of "monster food" only exists in the Crock Pot, with durians being one of the items that has a monster value there. For the purposes of a Werepig, though, there's no relevant tag or anything, I believe Werepigs simply check for meat that causes damage when eaten.

Fun fact, this means that in SW, bile-covered slop can cause a Werepig if you somehow get 4 of it and leave it on the ground!

Edited by Sunset Skye
  • Hunger 1

Now that Klei has gone through the (in my opinion) highly unnecessary painstaking process of updating skins that I genuinely thought were just White Gloves, Socks or Arm Sleeves, to match character skin color.. Does this increase my chances of getting Chill Surfer Gal Walani added into the game now that skins have literally been changed to match her non-white skin tone?

Please say yes! :wilson_love: Please? :wilson_cry::(

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

Now that Klei has gone through the (in my opinion) highly unnecessary painstaking process of updating skins that I genuinely thought were just White Gloves, Socks or Arm Sleeves, to match character skin color.. Does this increase my chances of getting Chill Surfer Gal Walani added into the game now that skins have literally been changed to match her non-white skin tone?

Please say yes! :wilson_love: Please? :wilson_cry::(

no.
why would her skin tone effect anything at all in this situation.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Now that Klei has gone through the (in my opinion) highly unnecessary painstaking process of updating skins that I genuinely thought were just White Gloves, Socks or Arm Sleeves, to match character skin color.

The process was actually pretty simple, according to folks who are experienced with modding the game and thus familiar with how the code works.

• Like 2

do planted waterlogged trees keep their state without being giant?

i mean, can i have a water logged trees forever in their 1, 2 or 3 flowers state?

i experimented with 1 tree and seems like it doesnt lose the "upgrades" after dozens of days but i dont know if is permanent or just a bug (the trees have few bugs so i wont be surprise) or if it is lose after many days

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

do planted waterlogged trees keep their state without being giant?

i mean, can i have a water logged trees forever in their 1, 2 or 3 flowers state?

i experimented with 1 tree and seems like it doesnt lose the "upgrades" after dozens of days but i dont know if is permanent or just a bug (the trees have few bugs so i wont be surprise) or if it is lose after many days

I think they do stay on. I've been considering doing three flowered trees for decoration but haven't gotten around to it yet. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BezKa said:

I think they do stay on. I've been considering doing three flowered trees for decoration but haven't gotten around to it yet. 

i had a 1 or 2 flowers tree that i fertilize by mistake and i notice that after maybe 40 days and it still keep the flower so i guess is forever

1 minute ago, QuartzBeam said:

Yep. Once a knobbly tree enters the goopy stage, it never shrinks again.

thanks, i guess that is time to give gloomer some laxative. There is too much work to do

• Like 1

What do you guys do in between game updates to keep from being bored out of your minds?

What have I done lately? Well I decided to randomly clean my house, my grandmas house, and Tomorrow I will go clean my distant cousins house too. 

Boredom sucks.. And when I’m done with all that I will probably trim my yard of all the over grown grass, weeds, vines & unruly Untrimmed bushes that have grown up around my house like a Hamlet jungle biome because I’ve been way too busy playing Dont Starve Shipwrecked, Hamlet, and DST & neglecting everything else.

Edited by Mike23Ua

On 9/25/2021 at 9:14 PM, Mike23Ua said:

What do you guys do in between game updates to keep from being bored out of your minds?

What have I done lately? Well I decided to randomly clean my house, my grandmas house, and Tomorrow I will go clean my distant cousins house too. 

Good lord, so much cleaning. You may as well purchase a maid outfit. 

On 9/25/2021 at 11:14 PM, Mike23Ua said:

Boredom sucks.. And when I’m done with all that I will probably trim my yard of all the over grown grass, weeds, vines & unruly Untrimmed bushes that have grown up around my house like a Hamlet jungle biome because I’ve been way too busy playing Dont Starve Shipwrecked, Hamlet, and DST & neglecting everything else.

Come clean my house.

• Ninja 1

Yo I’m just going to be 150% honest here, watching youtubers or Twitch streamers is pretty in all honesty- Irrelevant, because 99.9% of the time those streamers are using mods to enjoy unofficial game content.. which feeds anyone who actually wants to get into and enjoy the game false information.

So my question is a simple one: Why do we continue to promote and support these streams of illegitimate gameplay footage? If the intention behind watching YouTube/Streamers is to learn more about the game, or in most cases learn about a product before buying it for yourself: Then why are these streams filled with things that quite simply put: Aren’t actually in the game?

I have ALWAYS had this problem.. but then again I’m also from an era where we got most our game information from paperback strategy guides sold by professional reviewers like Prima. So it goes without saying- Maybe I’m just behind in today’s modern technology standards?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

..Why do we continue to promote and support these streams of illegitimate gameplay footage? If the intention behind watching YouTube/Streamers is to learn more about the game, or in most cases learn about a product before buying it for yourself..

I believe most people watch streams (of any kind) firstly for their entertaining value, and all else is subsidiary. And from this pov, anyone "edgy" and/or using wacky mods provides quite the amount of entertainment folks desire.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

I believe most people watch streams (of any kind) firstly for their entertaining value, and all else is subsidiary. And from this pov, anyone "edgy" and/or using wacky mods provides quite the amount of entertainment folks desire.

I’m not so sure about that, my dad watches streams for their relevancy to him: like if he wants to know a certain thing & YouTube video claims it will teach him that thing, he watches the video, but if the person in the video is in general acting like an idiot and/or dragging along to get to the point, he will either fast forward to what he wants to know or in most cases: Find a different video to watch altogether.

Now I am willing to accept that my dad is far from Normal, but If people watch gameplay of a game to decide rather they want to buy that game or watch gameplay of new content they want to learn more about: then my point still stands: How do mods enabled streamers help at all?

I mean best case scenario would be adding labels to these videos that read as “This user is using Mods” or “100% Modless gameplay stream”

I am genuinely confused by the process of feeding the user false information: I have a friend who I have been trying to get to buy DST for at least a year or so now, but that friend says they’ve watched streams of players playing the game and it doesn’t look interesting to them: Yet that same friend plays games like Portal Knights, Minecraft, Terraria, 7 Days to Die- AkA Games DST mostly fits into the same categories with.

Therefore it is my genuine belief that this friend is simply watching BORING streams, Aka: Boss speed runs or streams littered to the Brim with mods to the point they may as well be playing a different game altogether.

So how do I educate my friend on what DS/DST is with legitimate links of actual game footage (preferably from Klei themselves) so they can see that the game isn’t as “boring” as the videos they watch for it makes it out to be?

As a disclaimer: this isn’t a stab at any particular streamer, because I actually DONT care who you are or what your name is or how popular a streamer you are: All I care about is content that is relevant to what I’m looking to find out &/Or showcase to my friends to show them “Hey you need to buy this game because it fits perfectly into the category of games your already playing.”

11 minutes ago, Well-met said:

geometric placement and HUD temperature aren't big enough mods to nullify the stream's legitimacy, sorry mike

How does saying this actually help me though? I’m Genuinely trying to get my Xbox live friends into playing the game, but when they’re watching streams of things like “boss rush” “Uncompromising Mod” “tropical forest” “forge/gorge mods” or in general: An experienced player who has been playing for years and knows the in’s and out’s of the game and how to dodge and kite and use the best stuff..

How is that going to teach my friend the funny enjoyable stuff? Like learning the game for themselves? Discovering frogs raining from the heavens as a genuine first time experience for them? How do I get my friend into the game by letting them watch other inexperienced players dying rookie mistakes & experiencing the game and content that MANY OF YOU can only wish you could go back to enjoying in that same Unknown manner?

How do I showcase to them the hilarious, exciting and fun things they can do.. and show them that this game is in many ways much like the other games that he is already playing without making the game look and appear boring either through illegitimate content that’s not in the game at all, or through simply being so knowledgeable about it, that any “first time experiences” have long vanished? 

The TL:DR: How do I show my friends a bad night at sea with RockJaw sharks without some Youtuber streamer also showcasing and going into in depth detail about how to fight and deal with them?Shouldnt KLEI have some entertaining videos of what their game is all about but without all the step by step instructions that teach you how to handle the very thing your watching?