Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

11 minutes ago, rogi-wind said:

Unfortunately it’s in single player (they don’t update single player anymore).

Ooo your playing single player? Nah they don’t update much anymore- but they did update it recently for things like fences, and beefalo taming. Which is nice.. don’t you think?

1 hour ago, rogi-wind said:

I am Wickerbottom : (

Read on tentacles a couple of times in the middle of the set piece. 

You'll get a passive net gain of tentacle spots, silk, spider glands, and tentacle spikes (don't count on any monster meat). If all the dens are at tier 3 you'll need a lot of books but you'll get more books out of it. You can also just read 1 full book and just get mostly tentacle stuff. 

• Like 2
  • Sanity 1

Do traps work on saladmanders or is there a way to take a saladmander with you? I really want one as a pet for my base.

Also, is there any way to influence the chance for certain crops out of basic seeds? I have spend straight up 20 days of farming, feeding catcoons for the benevolent gift of puke with seeds, planting seeds and watering them with my tears, while sacrificing pierogi to the compost bin to appease the plot gods, until i finally got a fricking dragonfruit. Any way to speed up getting dem dragonfruit seeds? (No, I won't kill saladmanders, I haven't given my soul to the compost bin yet.)

Just now, Falkenpelz said:

I really want one as a pet for my base.

May I suggest:

Telelocator

Lunar Experiment used on Dragonfruit

As for seeds, I don't think there's any way to influence it. I usually just spam basic seeds and dig up stuff I don't want so it doesn't use up nutrients. Catcoons have super small chance of giving dragonfruit seeds so I wouldn't bother with those. 

Killing a Saladmander is not as bad, since Hallowed Nights event is coming soon anyway, and you can make more of them.

My question: 

Why is my 'ignored users' list so long already

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Potato Cup 1

9 minutes ago, Falkenpelz said:

Do traps work on saladmanders or is there a way to take a saladmander with you? I really want one as a pet for my base.

Also, is there any way to influence the chance for certain crops out of basic seeds? I have spend straight up 20 days of farming, feeding catcoons for the benevolent gift of puke with seeds, planting seeds and watering them with my tears, while sacrificing pierogi to the compost bin to appease the plot gods, until i finally got a fricking dragonfruit. Any way to speed up getting dem dragonfruit seeds? (No, I won't kill saladmanders, I haven't given my soul to the compost bin yet.)

You can heat a thermal stone to attract Saladmanders, though you will only be able to attract one as they will fight each other when there's at least 2.

Dragonfruits have a higher chance to grow from basic seeds on Summer.

• Health 1

1 hour ago, BezKa said:

May I suggest:

Telelocator

reminds me of the time i accidentally telelocated a saladmander back to base

made a krampus farm on the lunar island and the little guy got attached to the scaled furnace. didnt want him burning down the catapults so i telelocated them out

turns out the telelocator was loaded and the saladmander found a new scaled furnace on the mainland to get attached to

don't play on that world anymore but i will alwaus remember frank

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

Does Klaus' sack respawn in the same winter if winter feast's not active? His sack respawns as normal next winter, but I've got 40-day winter and after 20 days of the first kill of each winter I keep checking everyday with both the c_gonext and c_countprefabs commands, but there's no sack.

If I'm hosting a game through "Host Game" and a friend disconnects in the caves, and somehow that cave shard gets disconnected from the main shard and replaced by another cave, what would happen to the friend?

That happened (the cave shard just reset for some reason, had to replace all Wanda's tp spots, very annoying) and it appears that the friend can't connect to the server anymore, is there a way to fix it?

2 hours ago, Pruinae said:

If I'm hosting a game through "Host Game" and a friend disconnects in the caves, and somehow that cave shard gets disconnected from the main shard and replaced by another cave, what would happen to the friend?

That happened (the cave shard just reset for some reason, had to replace all Wanda's tp spots, very annoying) and it appears that the friend can't connect to the server anymore, is there a way to fix it?

I hear that your friend would disappear so when he connects again will be like the 1st time

• Thanks 1

On 9/21/2021 at 11:59 AM, JiaJianjian said:

Why does Wendy get a 40% boost on a pifflo? Is this a bug?

Wendy's lower damage multiplier is completely negated due to the beefalo actually doing the damage. 

The 40% boost is from the debuff that Abigail puts on enemies that makes them take more damage.

Since they take more damage, the beefalo deals more damage. Couple that with a war saddle and you got yourself a cow built for battle

1 hour ago, prettynuggets said:

anyone got krampus sack from first winter klaus like me ? after last update this is 3 time in 3 different world i play krampus sack in my first winter .. and then i watch jazzy and he got his sack on first winter too ... so suspicious 

Just lucky I suppose, 10% chance isn't so bad, though I have yet to get one from Klaus

1 hour ago, prettynuggets said:

anyone got krampus sack from first winter klaus like me ? after last update this is 3 time in 3 different world i play krampus sack in my first winter .. and then i watch jazzy and he got his sack on first winter too ... so suspicious 

I got 2 sacks, 1 in the 2nd winter and the 2nd sack in the 3rd (i didnt killed him on the 1st one)

Did the moths and their dens in the archives get a buff/update I'm not aware of??? They seem to be much faster now and I got a few whole pieces of thulecite instead of just fragments from mining the dens. 

Seems much more worthwhile now, by the time I would give my 6th and final moth amberosia it was only a very short wait until the first one was done.

Did they always have a chance for whole thulecite and I've forgotten/gotten lucky in my last visit there??