Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

How many bosses can you “Effectively” kill with just sitting up tons of gunpowder/Slurtle slime in an area, luring them into it and igniting from a safe distance away with a Firestaff?

Dont judge me…. I saw “Things that go Kaboom” and then have used it to my advantage- So far I’ve managed to kill Deerclops, Bearger & Ancient Guardian with this explosive Method but I was wondering if “Kaboom” could kill EVERY Boss if the player brings enough Kaboom with them?

Friendly tip: Placed chests full of Kaboom that are lit on fire also go Kaboom :wilson_evil:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

How many bosses can you “Effectively” kill with just sitting up tons of gunpowder/Slurtle slime in an area, luring them into it and igniting from a safe distance away with a Firestaff?

Dont judge me…. I saw “Things that go Kaboom” and then have used it to my advantage- So far I’ve managed to kill Deerclops, Bearger & Ancient Guardian with this explosive Method but I was wondering if “Kaboom” could kill EVERY Boss if the player brings enough Kaboom with them?

Friendly tip: Placed chests full of Kaboom that are lit on fire also go Kaboom :wilson_evil:

it sure was effective against enraged klaus when i didnt know killing the deers was a bad idea and i stood no chance against it

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Well, Antlion seems pretty much designed for that, considering that she just sits there^^ I also saw a video, where someone farmed shadow knights with gunpowder (get tons of knights up to tier 3, get on a boat, so that they get stuck in a patch of gunpowder on land, kaboom.)

Or make a small endtable barrier, place some gunpowder there, get the boss to hug the table-wall, kaboom.

Make an endtable cage, put gunpowder everywhere and get some bosses in there, then light them on fire and see, who wins. Kaboom.

Edited by Falkenpelz
Jeez, my inner Willow main suddenly came through on this one
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

DST bosses develop explosion resistance & immunity, so you can't oneshot them. You could bring a ridiculous amount of gunpowder and periodically detonate new chunks of it underneath them every 10 seconds, though.

• Like 1

Why do people hate twiggy trees so much? I love them! They drop twigs by themselves, so you can easily pick them up, saving precious seconds compared to harvesting saplings, they provide twigs AND wood, which makes them perfect for a quick save-my-as$ ruins base, they can be farmed with giants AND they produce twigs in winter too. What is people's issue about them?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Big Ups 1

12 minutes ago, Falkenpelz said:

Why do people hate twiggy trees so much? I love them! They drop twigs by themselves, so you can easily pick them up, saving precious seconds compared to harvesting saplings, they provide twigs AND wood, which makes them perfect for a quick save-my-as$ ruins base, they can be farmed with giants AND they produce twigs in winter too. What is people's issue about them?

For some low end computers.. probably the lag it causes.

But other than that, I used these to single handedly tame a Beefalo by planting them near him and then picking them up and shoving them in his trap hole as they drop.

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Like 1
  • Sanity 1

17 minutes ago, Falkenpelz said:

I only dislike them early-game, having to make an axe and chop trees to get twigs in the early game never sat right with me, though that's just the early game, I really like them, being able to go by an area later and just pick up twigs on the floor is really nice.

Edited by Hornete
  • Like 4

30 minutes ago, Falkenpelz said:

people hate getting them instead of saplings at the beginning of the game, not just because twigs become more tedious to gather at the start but also because most of the saplings in your world get deleted for no good reason since even in sapling worlds twiggy trees appear on their own due to regrowth

• Like 1

86713228-D946-4DBE-A213-188706AB3DF4.thumb.jpeg.cdc25cbd80189870d3d35956baea01a8.jpeg

Okay seriously this has ALWAYS Bothered me- Why do my world saves show two server shards Standard Forest/ The Caves?

And WHY are they named like that?!! It’s misleading as heck making me hopeful someday I will be able to load up different types of Shards here such as: Shipwrecked surface/ Hamlet Ruins.

Im Serious here SOMEONE has to answer this question… why does it say “Standard” Forest / “The” Caves??!  If there aren’t any plans to add any other types of options to this list.. shouldn’t it just say Forest/Caves?

• Shopcat 1

Good questions. Perhaps refers to the different world generation presets that used to be around? The name sounds a bit funny, agreed. If it is "standard" it makes more sense to simply call it "Forest" and if it is not standard an extra word can be added to the name. Otherwise it is easy to start scratching your head.

• Big Ups 1

Hey, I've just bought wormwood. I have really big problems with healing early game. Me and my friend were fighting Deerclop, he ate 3 pierogi and was super fine, I was running away eating rot for 4 hp. I did research and I found out I need tons of nitre for compost wraps.

Is there easy way to farm nitre or I need to be masochist and mine every boulder I see? :(

Just now, noindyfikator said:

Hey, I've just bought wormwood. I have really big problems with healing early game. Me and my friend were fighting Deerclop, he ate 3 pierogi and was super fine, I was running away eating rot for 4 hp. I did research and I found out I need tons of nitre for compost wraps.

Is there easy way to farm nitre or I need to be masochist and mine every boulder I see? :(

You can rely on batbats and honey potions

The compost wrap is good for early since is easy to get and to trigger the blooming but i wont recommend you to use it every time you are wounded because of the nitre.

In advanced worlds you can bring bearger to a petrified forest and get more nitre you will ever waste. Meanwhile, yeah, you need to mine to get nitre 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, noindyfikator said:

You can make compost wraps if you want (feed lightbulbs to werepig for manure, mine boulders for nitre) but there's plenty of other ways to heal as Wormwood. Bat bats & jellybeans are great ways to heal in or out of combat, while spider glands, healing salves, and honey poultice are great ways to heal out of combat (and decent in combat). Sleeping also works if you aren't in combat and don't care about being hyper efficient.

2 hours ago, noindyfikator said:

Nitre tends to be very plentiful for me. You get about 2 from every regular boulder so when I go mining for the rocks and flint I need early game, I end up getting a surplus of Nitre that I don't end up using. I like making Compost Wraps but even then my Nitre supply keeps on. I don't think Nitre would be of your worries.

12 hours ago, noindyfikator said:

The biggest jump in playing wormwood is really the healing, people don't realize how much they get from food till it's gone. Once you have it figured out they're really fun though.

That said I've never really had huge issues with nitre, and a single trip to a rocky biome once established will usually provide you with enough nitre to manage your compost wraps for a good bit if you use them carefully. In my more established worlds I usually keep 2-3 of them made just in case without it being a big deal, just try to be reasonable with how much you keep for yourself and don't be greedy. In general your combat options for healing are going to be limited though, because the animation takes a while. Sleeping can be a great solution because wormwood can produce a lot of food for very little effort. Bees and spiders are also great farms to get started, because honey poultices and glands can help a lot and aren't too difficult to amass.  

In general though, I HIGHLY recommend learning to quick tame a beefalo for wormwood. Beefalo redirect all hits (except for ranged) to themselves while ridden which means that wormwood can participate in combat and take hits without actually needing to heal at all. You also get more speed which can help a lot with kiting. Having a friend means if you take a bit to tame and can still get up to at least a minute or two on the beefalo they can provide distraction for you to get off and remount for bosses like deerclops early on. And the beefalo provides free poop and can use healing foods/crops like dragonpie or pumpkin. Its a really good investment for a wormwood, especially early on when getting use to the health management. I rec. aiming for ornery (extra damage if it's going to be your go-to for combat) or default (Not stubborn like ornery, which means you can always mount it without it throwing a fit for food). If you're inexperienced and don't mind theres a good mod that provides a taming widget to help track progress.