hoppin mandrake

Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

Recommended Posts

SinancoTheBest    4523
10 hours ago, Wardin25 said:

whats the deal with contender skins?

how often do they get released?

heh quite far inbetween sadly. Similar to how Verdant is also dubbed as "Year of the Varg collection", Contender is also known as "Year of the Pig King Collection. Thus the initial three skins were released with the Year of the Pig King event (January 2019) while they later expended it same year around October(?), when they added Pig King minigame to the main game.

One special thing about the contender collection is that each character skin comes with two complimentary belonging skins usually related to the character like Wigfrid's Battle Helm and Spear- but it can also be not too related like Wardrobe and umbrella for Wes or Trap and Bee Mine for Winona (nevertheless they carry the same aesthetic with their skins like Tigre boomerang and tooth traps for tiger Webber, love theme for Wes, Japanese robot toy theme for WX and his flingo & lightning rod). Thus if Willow gets a contender skin for example, I'm confident she'd a lighter and burnie skin to go with it aswell.

I'd really like to see more contender skins honesty, but no idea when will they ever return to it. They have released it in sets of three characters till now, perhaps they'll do six new ones later and have separate 6 classic & 6 new bundles in shop

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Owlrus    5067

How do you properly paddle boats? I only ask because it feels like every time I try to paddle, I'll miss-paddle even when it should have been fine. Heck sometimes I'll miss-paddle even when it's my very first paddle for the boat. And that's with me timing my clicks, not spamming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hornete    10660
10 minutes ago, Owlrus said:

Heck sometimes I'll miss-paddle even when it's my very first paddle for the boat

That's really strange, do you think you could send a video of you paddling?(or trying to)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ArubaroBeefalo    10956
39 minutes ago, Hornete said:

That's really strange, do you think you could send a video of you paddling?(or trying to)

 

50 minutes ago, Owlrus said:

How do you properly paddle boats? I only ask because it feels like every time I try to paddle, I'll miss-paddle even when it should have been fine. Heck sometimes I'll miss-paddle even when it's my very first paddle for the boat. And that's with me timing my clicks, not spamming.

it happens to my but i always felt like it was when i tried to paddle quickly since the beguining

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BezKa    2964

If I burn a fig vine, will the above average tree trunk grow a new one or will it just be gone for good?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hornete    10660
2 minutes ago, BezKa said:

If I burn a fig vine, will the above average tree trunk grow a new one or will it just be gone for good?

The Above-Average tree will drop any missing vines when it's rammed into.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BezKa    2964
Just now, Hornete said:

The Above-Average tree will drop any missing vines when it's rammed into.

So I can burn it off and then just need to bump into it? Will it regrow in the exact same spot or a random one?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hornete    10660
2 minutes ago, BezKa said:

So I can burn it off and then just need to bump into it? Will it regrow in the exact same spot or a random one?

It'll re-grow in a random position

Edited by Hornete
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BezKa    2964
5 minutes ago, Hornete said:

It'll re-grow in a random position

Thank you so much! This is great news. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BezKa    2964
2 hours ago, Hornete said:

The Above-Average tree will drop any missing vines when it's rammed into.

Does it work only on naturally spawned ones? I tried with my grown one and it didn't work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wardin25    2523
4 minutes ago, SomebodyRandom said:

Hamlet is an island in the sky above the clouds, right? Why are there clouds above it and why does it rain up there?

i think the islands are mountains peaks

  • Like 1
  • Big Ups 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike23Ua    11188
48 minutes ago, SomebodyRandom said:

Hamlet is an island in the sky above the clouds, right? Why are there clouds above it and why does it rain up there?

Ever watched Jack in the beanstalk? There’s castles above the clouds too but above those clouds are also more clouds.

Interesting real world fact: Clouds can be touching the ground also, while it is rare for this to happen and you may never experience it in your entire life time: it can and has rained inside peoples houses- Well not full on rainstorm but more like a light mist randomly from out of nowhere, and the reason why.. ground clouds! 
Other then that it’s just a game and I don’t even look for logic in game about magic, wormholes and teleportation devices.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SomebodyRandom    432
3 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Interesting real world fact: Clouds can be touching the ground also, while it is rare for this to happen and you may never experience it in your entire life time: it can and has rained inside peoples houses- Well not full on rainstorm but more like a light mist randomly from out of nowhere, and the reason why.. ground clouds! 

Yeah, I know about that about clouds. 

It was more of something that's pretty funny because it's so illogical, I don't really mind that it rains on top of the clouds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
akousta    3

is the bee queen fire farm working anymore?
looks like there have been changes in the way the fire spreads or something

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hornete    10660
45 minutes ago, akousta said:

is the bee queen fire farm working anymore?
looks like there have been changes in the way the fire spreads or something

Nope! There was a change in the code where the heat spread was capped I believe? A few of my friends(including myself) tried to get it working but none of us have been able to get it. Looks like the bee queen oven has been patched.

  • Haha 1
  • Big Ups 1
  • Sad Dupe 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HowlVoid    4342
38 minutes ago, Hornete said:

Nope! There was a change in the code where the heat spread was capped I believe? A few of my friends(including myself) tried to get it working but none of us have been able to get it. Looks like the bee queen oven has been patched.

Good riddance 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rahnark    5

Are decorations supposed to fall off even if it's a random hostile mob that attached a spider under it?

A random frog hit a spider near my base and decoration fell off. I tried spawning a hound and the same thing happened. Is this intended?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BezKa    2964
3 minutes ago, Rahnark said:

Are decorations supposed to fall off even if it's a random hostile mob that attached a spider under it?

A random frog hit a spider near my base and decoration fell off. I tried spawning a hound and the same thing happened. Is this intended?

Yes

  • Big Ups 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rahnark    5
2 minutes ago, BezKa said:

Yes

Dang that sucks. I wish they make it persistent as long as no ally hit a spider living in it even if they limit the decorated dens to a certain amount.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike23Ua    11188

@JoeW I just got an update prompt for the game on Xbox Series S, but I can’t find any patch notes for it is there anywhere I can read them? Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now