Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I need help. I was playing on a server and opened a gift that contained a Pantomimed Regal shovel. However, I didn't have the best connection at the time, and disconnected from the server I was playing on due to lag. The shovel is not in my game inventory, nor in my Steam inventory, but it's in my Klei inventory. The good news is, that means I still "have" it in a way, I just can't access it. The bad news is, I've restarted the game and validated my files, but the shovel still isn't showing up for me in-game. Is there anything else I can do? EDIT: and now I'm offline. That could be it?

Edited by Hello_World_101
Update on situation

53 minutes ago, Hello_World_101 said:

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I need help. I was playing on a server and opened a gift that contained a Pantomimed Regal shovel. However, I didn't have the best connection at the time, and disconnected from the server I was playing on due to lag. The shovel is not in my game inventory, nor in my Steam inventory, but it's in my Klei inventory. The good news is, that means I still "have" it in a way, I just can't access it. The bad news is, I've restarted the game and validated my files, but the shovel still isn't showing up for me in-game. Is there anything else I can do? EDIT: and now I'm offline. That could be it?

its like 45 spools, it isnt such a big deal

but yeah, you cant have access to skins while offline, so thats probably it

Is it possible to get caught in the crossfire between greater gestalts and shadow creatures? I know they attack players with dark swords or night armor, but I'm asking if it's possible to get hit by a greater gestalt that attempts to attack a crawling horror or terrorbeak if you happen to be within it's way when it attacks.

50 minutes ago, CodexCorporis said:

How long does it take for an above average tree trunk to be able to drop another nut?

The Above-Average trees can't drop nuts at all.

If you meant the natural trees in the biome, each tree will regrow another nut 1 - 1.5 days after it drops one, ready to be dropped once rammed or struck with lightning.

Edited by Hornete
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Hornete said:

The Above-Average trees can't drop nuts at all.

If you meant the natural trees in the biome, each tree will regrow another nut 1 - 1.5 days after it drops one, ready to be dropped once rammed or struck with lightning.

ty ^-^ forgot what the natural tree was called, that's what i meant

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Terra B Welch said:

Cave rain is more frequent in winter then in spring correct?

under my experience, in  winter rain way less but things stay wet all the winter meanwhile in spring rains often but things dry up

as a note, and also in my experience so i might be wrong, cave rain starts like 2 days after surface rain/snow

11 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

under my experience, in  winter rain way less but things stay wet all the winter meanwhile in spring rains often but things dry up

as a note, and also in my experience so i might be wrong, cave rain starts like 2 days after surface rain/snow

alright, thanks, I was asking because idk if I should attempt fuelweaver in winter or spring using cave rain + goat jelly.

10 minutes ago, Rahnark said:

Is tier 3 spider den no longer possible on boats? I tried upgrading it as Webber but interaction disappears after 10 silks and stays at tier 1.

No, if you plant a den on a boat it won't spawn spiders nor upgrade by any means.

Just now, Just-guy said:

No, if you plant a den on a boat it won't spawn spiders nor upgrade by any means.

It did spawn spiders actually. Shame, I wanted to do boat base and use it as infinite tent since I saw a few screenshot and clips with tier 3 on boat and read that it doesn't spawn spiders. Both didn't do as expected.

• Sad Dupe 1

10 minutes ago, Terra B Welch said:

alright, thanks, I was asking because idk if I should attempt fuelweaver in winter or spring using cave rain + goat jelly.

that is something i do usually to take advantage of morning star and wurt's perks when i want to kill toad, fw or cleaning the ruins

i would recommend you to do it in winter because you dont need rain protection, only cold which is simple in the arena. Also because you can be doing your stuff and go to a cave to check if the caves are wet (for some reason sometimes they dont get wet in winter..) so if you see items wet you will know that the wetness will stay (in spring you could have problems if FW gets dry in the middle of the fight). If your caves didnt get wet in the whole winter atleast you will be already prepare to fight it when the spring rain start

41 minutes ago, Milordo said:

Question, how is the most efficient or useful way to farm gears? Apart from killing fuelweaver, so you can reset the ruins

Apart from Ruins, Tumbleweeds & Sunken Chests are the only way to get gears renewably in Don't Starve Together. Just kill some Clockworks in the ruins and you should be good for a while.

Edited by SomebodyRandom

22 minutes ago, SomebodyRandom said:

Apart from Ruins, Tumbleweeds are the only way to get gears renewably in Don't Starve Together. Just kill some Clockworks in the ruins and you should be good for a while.

There's also a 10% chance to get 1-2 Gears from a Sunken Chest.

• Thanks 1

This is less of a question for the forum members and more of a question for Klei staff themselves but:

With Don’t Starve Giant Edition leaving the Gamepass this Month, what are the odds of having Don’t Starve Together enter the Gamepass for awhile?

I WANT this game to be popular, I want to see more people playing it, because very few people I talk to over all the internet have ever even heard of it… this seems like an excellent opportunity to allow Gamepass owners to check out DST, and to hopefully bring more players to the game on Xbox!

Questions regarding Waterlogged:

-Do Knobby Trees cycle through their growth? I know for a fact that there's a bug that shows a different sprite for Knobby Trees such as a fully grown one being shown as a short one or vice versa.

-Do Above Average Trees spawn Sweetish Fish?

On 8/19/2021 at 1:40 AM, Terra B Welch said:

Is it possible to get caught in the crossfire between greater gestalts and shadow creatures?

I’m not sure if it was a bug but you can or could at some point. At least once in our server we got the “was killed by greater ghestalt” of a friend which we all asked immediately “HOW”. This was way before the celestial champion was a thing.

3 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

I’m not sure if it was a bug but you can or could at some point. At least once in our server we got the “was killed by greater ghestalt” of a friend which we all asked immediately “HOW”. This was way before the celestial champion was a thing.

Was your friend armed with a Dark Sword or Night Armor perchance?

Greater Gestalts do not take kindly to that.

• Like 2