Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

8 minutes ago, GelatinousCube said:

Did the moths and their dens in the archives get a buff/update I'm not aware of??? They seem to be much faster now and I got a few whole pieces of thulecite instead of just fragments from mining the dens. 

Seems much more worthwhile now, by the time I would give my 6th and final moth amberosia it was only a very short wait until the first one was done.

Did they always have a chance for whole thulecite and I've forgotten/gotten lucky in my last visit there??

They have a 1% chance to drop thulecite and the chance has remained the same, including the time they dust their dens which is 6 minutes has also stayed the same.

you're a very lucky person

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hornete said:

They have a 1% chance to drop thulecite and the chance has remained the same, including the time they dust their dens which is 6 minutes has also stayed the same.

you're a very lucky person

Damn weird... I legit got 2 pieces from one mining of 6 dens. I must have taken longer than I thought or got distracted as it didn't seem like 6 minutes. Guess Rngesus loves me today.

Thanks for the info! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, prettynuggets said:

anyone got krampus sack from first winter klaus like me ? after last update this is 3 time in 3 different world i play krampus sack in my first winter .. and then i watch jazzy and he got his sack on first winter too ... so suspicious 

in one world i got one from the first winter

then the 2nd winter got another one

10% per fight is low but its not crazy

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Pruinae said:

Where's Mumsy? ... she said she would follow soon behind ( ´༎ຶㅂ༎ຶ`)

She said what? Who is Mumsy? Oh you mean a character from a limited time event I never got to play right?

In other words: Having any kind of canonical story progression in limited time events that many people never even got to play… is just plain BAD.

I am sad I never got to experience Gorge/Forge content, but I am even more sad that ideas/mechanics from those events I never got to play haven’t been incorporated into the vanilla gameplay yet.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

She said what? Who is Mumsy? Oh you mean a character from a limited time event I never got to play right?

In other words: Having any kind of canonical story progression in limited time events that many people never even got to play… is just plain BAD.

I am sad I never got to experience Gorge/Forge content, but I am even more sad that ideas/mechanics from those events I never got to play haven’t been incorporated into the vanilla gameplay yet.

remove the entire DST lore in case someone didnt play DS

• Haha 6

51 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

remove the entire DST lore in case someone didnt play DS

That’s funny, but also not my point.. I want to know why ideas and gameplay mechanics used in things like Shipwrecked, Hamlet, Gorge and Forge have not yet been incorporated into vanilla gameplay for DST?

I want to know why there has yet to be any official word from Klei on rather or not a “Next-Gen” Edition of the game is being made for the consoles that they themselves clearly admitted were capable of “More”?

This thread is for asking as many questions as you want right? Well in that case I’m taking the ball and running with it.

When a NEW Character idea was brought up and the community came together to come up with a cool new character idea- Majority votes were for a Playable Rock Lobster character that would play like a slow moving hard hitting tank that when he took damage would loose armor getting smaller in size and being able to run faster.. literally losing chunks of himself and his raw damage power in favor of being weaker but moving faster.

Everyone remembers this thread right?

A Rock Lobster with the ability to “rip” it’s own rocks out of itself much like Wormwood can chop living logs from himself, to give other players things like Rocks, Flint & Cutstone but at the cost of his own health, damage and performance.. You remember this crazy character suggestion yet?

Ideas we’re brought up during this thread that it should be a CAVES Dwelling playable character who had Night Vision like being able to see at Night 24/7 and people said “If it can avoid dying at night, where’s the challenge of Darkness?”

Wasn’t this (in my opinion really cool sounding) character concept ultimately dropped when Klei stated they would never design a character that was reliant on Caves content because some platforms just can’t run Surface & Caves content?

Flash-Forward to September 9th 2021, We get Wanda.. a character who has craftables that require Thelucite that to the Best of my knowledge- Such a resource can ONLY be obtained in Caves.

Not only that but she can literally create her own portals between the surface and the caves..

So Why was the Rock Lobster idea scrapped?? 

Maxwell said he banished them to live underground for a reason didn’t he?

What if that REASON was instead of dying to Charlie at Night… they were Nocturnal? And instead they turn to hardened petrified Stone like being caught in the Gaze of Medusa if they are out in Daylight..

A character that can only be played at dusk/night & has to sleep during day to avoid dying.. that’s something Klei has NEVER done before right?

The purpose of new dlc characters has always seemed to be to teach players a new way of playing the game or to have features that helps them become familiar with how certain parts of the game work.. a Night Vision rock lobster would help people who are scared of caves content exploration become much more familiar with caves more easily wouldn’t it?

So why do we now have WANDA who has crafts that like I said to the best of my knowledge: have ingredients you can only get from caves.. but when the idea was suggested for a cool Caves compatible DLC character it was shot down despite being highly popular at the time??

And since Klei has now started making characters with crafts that require cave exploration is it possible future crafts, and maybe even an entire caves content update is planned in the future?

I started to post this as its own thread but with as many questions as I planned to ask I figured it more appropriately fit being here does it not?

So my final question for this current post- For anyone who cared to read down this far..Rock Lobster playable DLC Character will be added When? :lol:

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Like 1

On 9/21/2021 at 5:59 AM, JiaJianjian said:

Why does Wendy get a 40% boost on a pifflo? Is this a bug?

It's 54% more, and while not explicitly a bug I'd say it's definitely an oversight.

15 hours ago, Horsheen said:

Wendy's lower damage multiplier is completely negated due to the beefalo actually doing the damage. 

The 40% boost is from the debuff that Abigail puts on enemies that makes them take more damage.

Wendy gets her 1.4x multiplier on top of the 1.1x multiplier everyone else gets. It's a 1.54x multiplier.

• Like 3

How long does it take for a giant crop to spoil?
Does it have the same spoilage time whether the giant crop is harvested or left in the farm plot?
Its spoilage affects normal crops inside? Or will it always drop 100% fresh crops whenever I hammer it?

26 minutes ago, zenburu said:

Does it have the same spoilage time whether the giant crop is harvested or left in the farm plot?
Its spoilage affects normal crops inside? Or will it always drop 100% fresh crops whenever I hammer it?

Giant crops spoil 4 times slower than their corresponding regular sized crops(which usually rot in 6-10 days). But if you harvest them, they will be considered lying on the ground, and spoil twice as fast - or rather only 2 times slower. And no, the crops you get is always fresh as long as the giant crop is fresh, so if you calculate the time, you can "store up" the plants, leaving them on the farm and breaking them for fresh food only when necessary.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, zenburu said:

They have two entirely separate timers. While unharvested, they will turn to rot after 6 days, or 9 if you're Wormwood. After picking them, regardless of when you did as long as it was before they turned into rot, they will technically have 4x the time it takes to spoil, but they're on the ground so they spoil 50% faster so really they last 2.67x as long as the crop would normally. But just like it will be perfectly fresh after picking it off the farm plot, as long as you hammer the plant before it rots the crops it explodes into will be perfectly fresh.

• Thanks 3

14 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

What is the most controversial thing Klei has ever done? Before the whole “Tencent” thing.. I used to think it was THIS-

8B3A80BF-02D4-4C43-AE04-F1409F1530EF.thumb.jpeg.02e4d3c2f32102eca367fc65adbd33be.jpeg

There is more casuals that cant handle eating a berry that people who want to make an effort and learn. If you wanna sell you have to create stuff without soul but easy so the player will feel like he is doing well something

This can be applied to everything in our society. Like why netflix and their bad quality shows are more famous than dostoievski.

I hope that hunger setting wont be used by any user as an excuse to ask for horrible suggestions to make dst casual

Edited by ArubaroBeefalo
  • Haha 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

6 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

I hope that hunger setting wont be used by any user as an excuse to ask for horrible suggestions to make dst casual

Why do you say this? There is absolutely nothing wrong with DST becoming more Casual, in fact during limited time events like Year of The Carrat or Year of the Beefalo or Midsummers Cawnival (events that used to actually be Limited Time ONLY) I actually turn off all the stuff that is likely to kill me just so I can enjoy the limited time event.

Does that make me a casual player? No.. it just means if I Only have a limited time frame to experience content within I want to experience that content and not die to a horde of fire hounds or watching my Summer Cawnival go up in flames during Wildfires.

There are cases like my above examples where DST Can and ultimately SHOULD become more casual, maybe people just want to spend all their time building a world sized Carrat race track and don’t want things like Insanity & Starvation in the way of that? For PC players there are Mods but for console players adding an official toggle like the one shown in that image is the only way they’re going to get a feature like that.

And honestly? I see absolutely nothing wrong with it under one condition: KLEI does NOT Abandon the series roots, the same way they can make things EASIER they can also make them HARDER 

And the most Excellent example of this was the last QoL patch that let you set Shadow Monsters to None so they don’t spawn at all or Tons so they spawn way more then normal.

Its through these very same menus… that Klei has added toggle choices so any limited time events I can now turn them back on and re-visit them.

The game is changing for the better, even if it has to get a little more casual in the process, as long as harder content choices is added alongside those changes, what harm can it possibly do?

In the same way players could toggle OFF dying to Hunger in that previous image, maybe there’s an option to speed up the rate that hunger drains?

Letting the game literally be as easy or as hard as the people feel like playing it at the time.

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Why do you say this? There is absolutely nothing wrong with DST becoming more Casual, in fact during limited time events like Year of The Carrat or Year of the Beefalo or Midsummers Cawnival (events that used to actually be Limited Time ONLY) I actually turn off all the stuff that is likely to kill me just so I can enjoy the limited time event.

Does that make me a casual player? No.. it just means if I Only have a limited time frame to experience content within I want to experience that content and not die to a horde of fire hounds or watching my Summer Cawnival go up in flames during Wildfires.

There are cases like my above examples where DST Can and ultimately SHOULD become more casual, maybe people just want to spend all their time building a world sized Carrat race track and don’t want things like Insanity & Starvation in the way of that? For PC players there are Mods but for console players adding an official toggle like the one shown in that image is the only way they’re going to get a feature like that.

And honestly? I see absolutely nothing wrong with it under one condition: KLEI does NOT Abandon the series roots, the same way they can make things EASIER they can also make them HARDER 

And the most Excellent example of this was the last QoL patch that let you set Shadow Monsters to None so they don’t spawn at all or Tons so they spawn way more then normal.

Its through these very same menus… that Klei has added toggle choices so any limited time events I can now turn them back on and re-visit them.

The game is changing for the better, even if it has to get a little more casual in the process, as long as harder content choices is added alongside those changes, what harm can it possibly do?

In the same way players could toggle OFF dying to Hunger in that previous image, maybe there’s an option to speed up the rate that hunger drains?

Letting the game literally be as easy or as hard as the people feel like playing it at the time.

they should add more server commands like godmode or freecrafting so console players can experiment things

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

they should add more server commands like godmode or freecrafting so console players can experiment things

As long as it is in its own little secluded game mode (like creative for Minecraft) what harm could it hurt?

In fact one of my favorite things to do in Minecraft or in lesser known games like Battle Block Theater.. is to build my very own worlds in creative mode and then turn them to hardcore survival settings for my friends to die in my pre-built creations.

Yeah I get that goes against everything DS stands for, but DS was a 2013 game.. it is now almost 2022 and video games make massive highly risky changes in their franchise in a near 10 year span of existence.

If Klei wants The DS Franchise to be as popular as Minecraft they have to be willing to bend the rules just a little bit, Imagine if you will..

DST Creative Mode: Build your own world in creative mode, upload it to an online server for your friends to download and Die in your creation in normal gameplay modes. 

Crazy? Yes, never likely to happen? Also yes.. but has it been done before in the past by other franchises like Minecraft? Totally.

• Like 1