Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

My current world (250-ish days) has only 1 walrus camp, and especially as a Wanda, it really hurts. Would it be too much cheating to spawn one or two more to make the amazing backtrek clocks easier to get? I generally never use console or anything, aside from rare little convenience things (such as giving myself an item i forgot but had the inventory space to bring, then destroying the one with higher durability) but I feel like making a permanent change to my world might be a bit too far, what do you guys think I should do?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, lunaseaa said:

My current world (250-ish days) has only 1 walrus camp, and especially as a Wanda, it really hurts. Would it be too much cheating to spawn one or two more to make the amazing backtrek clocks easier to get? I generally never use console or anything, aside from rare little convenience things (such as giving myself an item i forgot but had the inventory space to bring, then destroying the one with higher durability) but I feel like making a permanent change to my world might be a bit too far, what do you guys think I should do?

Have you tried getting tusks by hunting for Walking Canes from Sunken Chests and then deconstructing those? It is a bit costly considering you need a ruins item, but it could prove useful if you're really desperate for tusks.

If you think spawning a few extra Mctusk camps will improve your gaming experience, then go for it! Your world, your rules. Don't let no one try to discourage you from doing what you think will make your game more fun to play.

Edited by Hornete
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, lunaseaa said:

I wouldn't. I have a similar problem to yours.

I set my world to Mctusk: More and only1 spawned for some reason. I thought about restarting but in my second year I got 3 tusks in a row. Now, I set up my base smartly from the beginning so I have all the needed biomes within reasonable reach. When you think about it you don't actually need that many backtrack watches if your base is in a good place from the start. 

First backtrack watch can be set to the ruins, but once you clear it? Then you can find the atrium and reset your watch to there. You will probably get enough materials for all the watches you will ever need just from your first clear anyways (unless world generation cursed you).

You only ever need to visit the ancient archives once so I wouldn't waste a watch there. You can set one at the lunar island if its very far from your base. I wouldn't worry about pearl though, once I finish her quests I never visit her again. You can also set it to pearl to clear her quests and then reset it to the lunar island.

I think you will get tusks at good rate as you progress throughout many years. I wouldn't worry about it too much, especially if your like me and after cheating it stays on your conscience (and I'm assuming it does or you wouldn't be asking strangers for their opinion :p).  

I love that klei allows us to reset our teleporting watches at basically no cost. You can set and reset them as you wish, they are very flexible. 

Edited by HowlVoid
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

good advice

27 minutes ago, Hornete said:

also good advice

great advice from both of you! I have decided to not cheat them in, since I generally dont like to lol as you correctly guessed
I kind of forgot sunken chests were a thing, so if I ever desperately need tusks, I can do it then but honestly even 1 or 2 tusks per year should be good for my purposes! Thanks for the quick responses :>

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I'm pretty sure Joe already answered this question for you; not even that long ago. The way things are now are because this is the limit of the current system they have in place. 

They would have to revamp how skins work and there isn't demand for that now. 

Playing in worlds where insanity and winter is turned off makes it an absolute nightmare (pun fully intended) to play as Wanda- and rather unfortunately: That’s the way most games you will join on Xbox Live will be- No nightmares, no Winter..

Im honestly tempted to start joining random servers and teaching them how to survive.. with these toggled to Off I found it hard to gather any of Wanda’s more advanced perks.. I KNOW I can go insane and mass slaughter Beardling for a chance at nightmare fuel, but are there any other guaranteed and preferably faster ways to get Nightmare fuel if the servers host has Insanity monsters toggled off? 
I know there’s a few gimmicky ways like digging graves, turning 4 evil flower to fuel, or dying and using resurrection slab, hammering a Pig head on a stick during full moon but none of these methods seem to be very reliable.

Edited by Mike23Ua

7 hours ago, lunaseaa said:

My current world (250-ish days) has only 1 walrus

Same here. I only have enough to tp base, pseudoscience station and one left im thinking to link to pearl island. Like 4 fangs in 250days, i killed more than 14 walrus T.T

But that is part of the fun of having random worlds

Maybe next time i would put walrus to more or something 

• Like 1

A bit of a strange question, but does anyone know if there is a mod that makes catcoons stop coughing when they are not tamed? I have a few for the butterfly farm, but they constantly spit out completely unnecessary items, littering the entire pen, mostly with rot. And everyone knows how annoying rot is in a late game.

18 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Does a structure have to be completely enveloped in a canopy to receive lightning/ smoldering protection?

More than half? Just barely? 

I think this is determined by the leaves at the top of the screen. If they are there, then the effect is applied. I had a dryer and a gate at the very edge of the shadow, and they were burning. I'm not sure about the lightning, but probably the same. It's unlikely that large trees "attract" lightning in the same way as a lightning rod.

Does anyone have an up-to-date (preferably text) guide on taming beefalo? I have a bit of time to kill while waiting for summer to finish pearl's quests and with qol updates and year of the beefalo I'm not sure what's new with that whole system.

I could watch a Beard777 guide, but I don't like his videos at all :/

7 minutes ago, lunaseaa said:

Does anyone have an up-to-date (preferably text) guide on taming beefalo?

I don't think that with the year of the beefalo, something has changed in the main system of domestication? They only adding bell and skins. But it doesn't affect taming, only whether the beefalo follows you and teleports like chester and how it looks. The main system is still the same. But if you need guides, here are some links. I think everything is correct there.
https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Guides/How_to_domesticate_a_Beefalo

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Gi-Go said:

I play Wanda and carry second chance on me. My friend tried to revive me with them but couldn't. Is he dumdum, is this a glitch or did klei "nerfed" those watches? 

You have to haunt the watch being a ghost, your friend can't use it on you (at least as a non-Wanda character)

How fast does the Alarming Clock attack?

1 hour ago, Gi-Go said:

I play Wanda and carry second chance on me. My friend tried to revive me with them but couldn't. Is he dumdum, is this a glitch or did klei "nerfed" those watches? 

The only nerf Klei did was if Wanda haunts it it breaks, refunding half of its materials rounded up. Wanda has always been the only one able to give it to other people.

Don’t Starve & it’s two DLC expansions Shipwrecked & Hamlet was a survival sandbox based game.

So why do people want Dont Starve Together to ditch the survival aspects & become just a sandbox game?

Did DST attract the wrong kind of crowds into it? And will Klei design content based on the original game & its expansions- or will they forego the series roots in favor of attracting a larger fan base?

And most importantly of all with a Menu full of things we can toggle on/off, More/Less over: Why can’t we get updates that satisfy both parties? 

It’s as simple as adding a toggle for random chance at mob encounters when gathering resources just like there’s already one for hunt surprises..

the “Base Builders who just want to put pretty Trees in their base” can have their toggles to do that- Meanwhile the original games fan base who fully expects Klei to incorporate the original games mechanics and difficulty spike at some point- can equally be satisfied.

Will Klei’s future updates be effected by this “Split Divide” amongst their community? And will it be enough of a Divide that DST ends up becoming a completely different game genre altogether from what the franchise first started out as?

All these questions.. they’re almost frightening aren’t they? :ghost: Yes that’s a spooky Ghost Emote.. why? October is right around the corner.. that’s why. :wilson_evil:

Anyone else love the month of October? :love_heart:

Edited by Mike23Ua

3 hours ago, Cheggf said:

How fast does the Alarming Clock attack?

The only nerf Klei did was if Wanda haunts it it breaks, refunding half of its materials rounded up. Wanda has always been the only one able to give it to other people.

Ooooh~ the I'm the dumdum variant. Now I get it. When I tested everyone were Wandas that's why it worked before. 

3 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Don’t Starve & it’s two DLC expansions Shipwrecked & Hamlet was a survival sandbox based game.

So why do people want Dont Starve Together to ditch the survival aspects & become just a sandbox game?

Did DST attract the wrong kind of crowds into it? And will Klei design content based on the original game & its expansions- or will they forego the series roots in favor of attracting a larger fan base?

This question is expertly crafted to start big arguments.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

This question is expertly crafted to start big arguments.

Nah not really lol, how do you think so? And why must there be an argument at all when the game can be custom tailored to your own personal play preferences? I mean I guess if people just get bored enough to argue for the sake of arguing then uhh maybe I guess? But most the time I just ignore people who try to start arguments. Now if they want to approach valid concerns and questions with maturity & reasoning then as a Gemini with a naturally born gift of talent for words- It would be a delight to discuss an intelligent sensible conversation. These questions are just questions, some of them more important than others.. and some just for the sake of being questions. As long as it doesn’t start some huge heated debate- What’s the harm in asking questions?

44 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Now if they want to approach valid concerns and questions with maturity & reasoning then as a Gemini with a naturally born gift of talent for words- It would be a delight to discuss an intelligent sensible conversation.

Bless your heart.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

Gemini with a naturally born gift of talent for words

Imagine believing in magical planets and stars in 2021...

Nobody wants the game to become just a sand box. All here want a survival game because we are playing a survival game  but it is a sand box too. 

Make your topic about it  because here that question is clearly mean to start  an argument

Also you always want the game to become easier so idk why you complain

• Like 2
  • Haha 2