Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

On 5/4/2024 at 10:59 PM, Gi-Go said:

Is there a way to find out what the hell is this thing that blocks structures?

Perhaps that's 0x0? Weird stuff happens with that coordinate

Posted (edited)

Is there a bait I can use for bunnymen in caves? Due to asid rain powcake is useless, and I haven't had a holiday in my world yet. Anything nonperishable they'll eat? 

Edited by Gi-Go

On 5/4/2024 at 9:11 PM, benfroyobro9381 said:

How well does DST run on a macbook OS? A mediocre one. And is there any way to make the performance decent-er? 

It runs alright on my macbook. Though I can't say how well it does on longer standing worlds as I primarily play on my PC.

• Potato Cup 1

7 hours ago, Gi-Go said:

Is there a bait I can use for bunnymen in caves? Due to asid rain powcake is useless, and I haven't had a holiday in my world yet. Anything nonperishable they'll eat? 

I'm almost certain that they eat "Syrup of Ipecaca" (the funny wormwood poop joke item), as merms eat that too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Valase said:

I'm almost certain that they eat "Syrup of Ipecaca" (the funny wormwood poop joke item), as merms eat that too.

Thanks, they really do. 

• Big Ups 1
  • GL Happy 1

So this is going to be a completely random question but what happened to the Klei off topic discussion threads? I genuinely miss this because there we were able to discuss other non-Klei related games people were playing, and I could discover games and franchises I had never even heard of before.

Just yesterday I bought Trinity Fusion, it’s uhh well I guess you can say it’s similar to Dead Cells, but it’s on sale for 12$ right now and I decided to give it a go, it’s a RogueLite I enjoy RogueLites, why not? But my point.. to my original question is in these off-topic sub-forums I was able to discuss and discover gems I hadn’t played yet & i was able to get RogueLite/Like game suggestions from within this lovely community of DS/DST/Klei game players.

Look I know I’m probably way late to the party or whatever but.. Why were these topics & threads removed?

2 hours ago, themightyone said:

Did they patch the Dragonfly so the ice staff no longer can freeze her ? I hit her like 19 or 20 times in a row and no freeze. What the hell gives , I don't get it ?

If it is near a lava pond or lavae or enraged, you wont be able to freeze it

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dois raios said:

If it is near a lava pond or lavae or enraged, you wont be able to freeze it

Hmm , nope she's not near a pool or enraged . Her offspring were burning outside my wall kind of near her I guess. But I literally hit her 19 times and nothing. I used an ice staff a month ago in a different world and it worked fine. I don't get it ?

Just now, themightyone said:

Her offspring were burning outside my wall kind of near her I guess

fire unfreezes stuff, so frost build up kept getting reset because of it being near a fire, you can also freeze it even when it's enraged if it isn't near a fire iirc

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, grm9 said:

fire unfreezes stuff, so frost build up kept getting reset because of it being near a fire, you can also freeze it even when it's enraged if it isn't near a fire iirc

Yeah you're correct , I seemed to be fighting just a hair too close to her during offspring . Moved a bit more south and finally got her to freeze , haha thanks.

Kind of embarrassing to ask but uhh how do I permanently move a beefalo herd? Never really succeed with this in a repeatable way. I've tried the horn and having them fall asleep in the new location but they just start walking back whenever I load in the area again. I'd rather not spend the time to slaughter 12 beefs but they're going to wreck my apiary when they next go into heat and I just can't get the horn to work. Obviously making 12 beefalo bells isn't ideal but...what about relocating each one via bell and then breaking the bond, would that work?

4 minutes ago, KvltBear said:

Kind of embarrassing to ask but uhh how do I permanently move a beefalo herd? Never really succeed with this in a repeatable way. I've tried the horn and having them fall asleep in the new location but they just start walking back whenever I load in the area again. I'd rather not spend the time to slaughter 12 beefs but they're going to wreck my apiary when they next go into heat and I just can't get the horn to work. Obviously making 12 beefalo bells isn't ideal but...what about relocating each one via bell and then breaking the bond, would that work?

You could relocate one of the beefs with beefalo bell into caves and back out again then unbond where you want the herd. After that I would kill the whole herd using eye of terror/twins or if it is winter, 1-2 deerclops with the hostile flare can wipe a herd.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, KvltBear said:

I've had luck with the walking cane equipped just hitting them once , then quickly run to roughly where you want them to relocate . Once they de-aggro they don't quite walk back to where they were , repeat one or 2 more times and usually the herd will be a few screens away from their original spot.

I had the same problem as you with red ass beefalo killing my bees.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, themightyone said:

I've had luck with the walking cane equipped just hitting them once , then quickly run to roughly where you want them to relocate . Once they de-aggro they don't quite walk back to where they were , repeat one or 2 more times and usually the herd will be a few screens away from their original spot.

I had the same problem as you with red ass beefalo killing my bees.

Yeah I just bit the bullet and crafted 6 beefalo bells to relocate the ones that just wouldn't listen to the horn. I lured the horn followers to a different out of the way savanna biome and I'll just deal with them if they go make their way back

When are we going to start discussing the potential of a next Gen Dont starve? I mean there’s a lot of people who kick against the idea of it and having to rebuy the game all over again.

But when it comes to things like Nintendo Switch, the older consoles performance capabilities are starting to show, Switch is limited to 4 player servers, where as other platforms have 6.

With a Switch 2 on the Horizon I think maybe it’s time we invested in a bigger DS, one truly built from the ground up for next Gen platforms.

with better lighting effects, foliage, animations, mob behaviors, water effects, small details like crows actually landing in trees in the swamp,  etc… stuff that plain and simply- Last Gen DS would have significant trouble performing.

But I think that in this generation of gaming, where games like State of Decay 2 and Fallout 4/76 get next Gen upgrades, I think maybe Maybe it’s time to seriously start considering the possibilities of a next Gen DS/DST.

With todays modern technology my buddy who can’t afford to buy a new Xbox and is still playing on his Xbox One, can still stream next Gen X/S games like Gotham Knights, Battlefield 2042 & Dead Island 2 through the Xbox Cloud and play next Gen games on his last Gen gaming console.

(for any of you who wasn’t aware you could do that… your welcome.)

Anyway, before I turn this into a massive TL:DR- I want to directly ask the developers at Klei that IF/When a Next Gen DS/DST is made, would it be possible for me to stream the next Gen version of the game and my last Gen buddies still on old consoles still be able to join in?

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

When are we going to start discussing the potential of a next Gen Dont starve? I mean there’s a lot of people who kick against the idea of it and having to rebuy the game all over again.

But when it comes to things like Nintendo Switch, the older consoles performance capabilities are starting to show, Switch is limited to 4 player servers, where as other platforms have 6.

With a Switch 2 on the Horizon I think maybe it’s time we invested in a bigger DS, one truly built from the ground up for next Gen platforms.

with better lighting effects, foliage, animations, mob behaviors, water effects, small details like crows actually landing in trees in the swamp,  etc… stuff that plain and simply- Last Gen DS would have significant trouble performing.

But I think that in this generation of gaming, where games like State of Decay 2 and Fallout 4/76 get next Gen upgrades, I think maybe Maybe it’s time to seriously start considering the possibilities of a next Gen DS/DST.

With todays modern technology my buddy who can’t afford to buy a new Xbox and is still playing on his Xbox One, can still stream next Gen X/S games like Gotham Knights, Battlefield 2042 & Dead Island 2 through the Xbox Cloud and play next Gen games on his last Gen gaming console.

(for any of you who wasn’t aware you could do that… your welcome.)

Anyway, before I turn this into a massive TL:DR- I want to directly ask the developers at Klei that IF/When a Next Gen DS/DST is made, would it be possible for me to stream the next Gen version of the game and my last Gen buddies still on old consoles still be able to join in?

I don't think the needs of DST require a 'next-gen' update. It's fine.

45 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Klei hasn't really shown any interest in slowing down so far. I feel like it may be a wee bit early.

45 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Barring some specific limitations, a lot of this could be done with what we've got. I don't think this is enough to warrant an entirely new, built from scratch DS game.

Did we ever learn why Wigfrid and Willow didn't get their animated shorts? I know they said the choice would be shown in the roadmap. I guess they are going to do their shorts as an Intermission? Also other little note: with the character reworks being done I hope we get lore shorts on specific characters again, not just wagstaff and or Charlie, as other characters would be fun to see. Especially with Willow in Wickerbottom's short.

On 5/9/2024 at 10:19 PM, KvltBear said:

how do I permanently move a beefalo herd?

Beefalo herds work like goat, gekko, and lobster herds. Move a majority about half a screen away from their starting point and wait about 2-4 seconds for the herd location to update to the average position, occasionally testing to see if they want to return to a previous point.