Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

1 minute ago, Just-guy said:

Does the Boulder skin makes all Boulder shapes to a default one or is it stylized for each type?

The Weight one? There's just the one look, sadly.
But in their defense that's a lotta skins to make if it changed for each type.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BezKa said:

Did Warly ever lose sanity over eating the same dish over and over or am I having memory issues again

If yes, when was this changed?

He never lost sanity on dish repetition, but player could loose irl sanity because Warly was 1 hunger point away from dish memory clearing (because apparently during switching shards food memory timer paused for more time than hunger drain). Seriously though, dish repetition was always just capped at 30% of all stats from dish.

Edited by Pig Princess
less time->more time; seems like I have to eat ice cream to raise irl sanity

11 minutes ago, Pig Princess said:

He never lost sanity on dish repetition, but player could loose irl sanity because Warly was 1 hunger point away from dish memory clearing (because apparently during switching shards food memory timer paused for less time than hunger drain). Seriously though, dish repetition was always just capped at 30% of all stats from dish.

Dang, where did I get the fake memory from then, it's gonna bother me for a while. Thanks for clarifying!

14 minutes ago, ThymeSpirit said:

Maybe it was some mod intended to make him more difficult

I don't use mods like that, it must be something my brain stitched together from a different character or different food. It happens to me a lot, I'll figure it out in few days

1 minute ago, Falkenpelz said:

Are the two deers left after the Klaus fight supposed to never produce antlers in winter, ever? Or is this a bug?

The ones you free are intentionally crippled/unable to grow antlers, I'm pretty certain this is their unique behavior. 

• Like 2

On 10/25/2022 at 12:48 PM, ALCRD said:

Does she dissapear or stay by your side? If she dissapears what happens to items you put into her?

She explodes vanishes, and drops her inventory.
image.thumb.png.9affac5deb7fd4ac17568e4665602905.png

Edited by -Variant
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1
  • Sanity 1
  • Big Ups 1
  • Sad Dupe 4

2 hours ago, ALCRD said:

No one plays Walter anymore?

Kind of was hoping someone would answer my question :3

I think it's because of 

1. overwelled by the perk-soup (Slingshot, Fearless, Stories, cooks faster, Pine Hat, Bee Allergies, lose sanity if hit, Tent, not into fashion, Trees, Woby)

The best way I look at this is [Slingshot, Fearless minus being hit, Bee Allergies, Woby, Rugging it in Camping gear]

2. don't know the uses of the slingshot or his tricks

Walter can wear spider hat near bundle of spiders without sanity issue

Gold rounds can one shot beardlings for early fuel or hair

If base is far away from pig king, mole worm farm can be good alt for ammo

Rock pellets can draw aggro, like drawing Bunnys, Tall birds, Monkeys into oven 

Dragonfly has the same wetness mechanics as a player. If the player gets wet in winter, wetness will not start going down (because the ambient temperature is low) until you stand next to a heat source.

That brings me to a question: Does dragonfly's wetness not go down on its own in winter? Does her wetness start to go down when she's near a heat source (magma pond or a fire from a dead lavae)?

Am I going crazy? I've been trying to find resources online that specify when Terrorbeaks spawn but the wiki says that they just spawn when you are below 15% sanity, just like Crawling Horrors. In my gameplay i've always noticed that only Crawling Horrors spawn when I hover around 30-25 sanity, but as I approach zero Terrorbeaks start spawning. Is it just that Crawling Horrors seem to spawn before beaks since they roam around while you're sane and then become hostile? Or do Terrorbeaks spawn at a different threshold? 

1 hour ago, MadMatt said:

Am I going crazy? I've been trying to find resources online that specify when Terrorbeaks spawn but the wiki says that they just spawn when you are below 15% sanity, just like Crawling Horrors. In my gameplay i've always noticed that only Crawling Horrors spawn when I hover around 30-25 sanity, but as I approach zero Terrorbeaks start spawning. Is it just that Crawling Horrors seem to spawn before beaks since they roam around while you're sane and then become hostile? Or do Terrorbeaks spawn at a different threshold? 

10% of sanity is the threshold, search "sanity" page on DS wiki (wiki is not paragon of truth and can be incorrect, but my own in-game experience doesn't contradict it, so I assume it's correct until proven otherwise).

• Like 1

On 10/28/2022 at 6:57 AM, Falkenpelz said:

Are the two deers left after the Klaus fight supposed to never produce antlers in winter, ever? Or is this a bug?

They stick around forever unless killed by you or hostile mobs, meteors etc.

I have a frankly stupid  amount of them wandering my long term world from keeping winters feast on for ages and fightinh Klaus a ton a while back. 

Did 5 different non-seasonal heavy fishes always give friendship point from Pearl? I remember testing this in the past, and I think it had to be 5 non-seasonal heavy fish of the same kind, i.e. for example 5 heavy deep bass worked, but 2 deep bass and 3 smolt fries didn't. But recently I saw people doing this quest with different fish, and I was curious if I have fake memory or it was stealth-changed

9 minutes ago, Pig Princess said:

Did 5 different non-seasonal heavy fishes always give friendship point from Pearl? I remember testing this in the past, and I think it had to be 5 non-seasonal heavy fish of the same kind, i.e. for example 5 heavy deep bass worked, but 2 deep bass and 3 smolt fries didn't. But recently I saw people doing this quest with different fish, and I was curious if I have fake memory or it was stealth-changed

I don't think it was ever the same kind of fish. It was just heavy ones

Is there a way to know if you received the drops from watching DST on Twitch? I already watched 3 hours and whenever I connect it, it goes to the rewards page but nothing else happens. I already checked inventory, transactions and DST itself but idk what to do. :confusion: