Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

On 7/27/2022 at 5:29 PM, Falkenpelz said:

I was just wondering, how often is frog rain supposed to occur on average on normal settings?

If it's raining, there's a 16% chance for Frog Rain to occur.

But for that to occur, there's a few more conditions:

• It must be Spring
  • It must be raining
  • The precipitation rate must be greater than .55 (i.e. during heavy rain)
  • Something called moisture cell needs to be greater than 2500 (I'm not entirely sure what this is)
  • Thanks 2

On 7/16/2022 at 5:50 AM, Kur0u said:

How does one get rid of Piggybacks? They can't burn, eyeplants won't eat it, am I missing something? No consoles commands by the way.

If you're so inclined you can also just throw it in the cave void, but i'd why you'd waste that much pigskin/silk. hawhaw

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, oregu said:

If you're so inclined you can also just throw it in the cave void, but i'd why you'd waste that much pigskin/silk. hawhaw

That's a good one which doesn't involve green gems, haven't thought of that. Also long term world's problem.

On 7/28/2022 at 3:54 PM, Ardcrumb said:

Do you think wagstaff is ever going to be playable? 

I've been playing hamlet and I miss playing as him

Well seeing the backstory of eye of the storm update and moon quay, I highly doubt it. None of the more recent lore involving wagstaff would make any sense anymore.

47 minutes ago, SmallBirdHungry said:

Well seeing the backstory of eye of the storm update and moon quay, I highly doubt it. None of the more recent lore involving wagstaff would make any sense anymore.

That depends.. you ever played Apex Legends? Know the character Mirage? Mirage is playable and also still in the world doing Mirage things at the same time as an NPC- why?? Because Mirage can cast Holograms of himself.

Its important that I bring that up.. because the Wagstaff we see in the Eye of the Storm  Trailer is very very much a Hologram.

7398F1FB-5997-4DA9-8729-7E7856B09FAE.thumb.png.7bba2fc0203ee5daecfb3fcbbf2aab32.png

• Like 4

I don't fully understand Resource Regrowth, tried turning it off, on, I don't see any changes. Things still grow out of place, grass tufts, saplings, twiggy trees growing on carpet, roads, unreachable inside ponds with regrowth turned off. Is it supposed to be a timer? quantity of resources? I've come across the term Desolation Regrowth, which I believe is when you depleted everything of one resource? I'm not too sure. Wondering how that works too. As an example I have 43 Reeds on my surface swamp, how would any of the regrowth settings work on it? Do I need to dig out all 43 for desolation to kick in? Would it still try to reach 43 tufts or would it only grow 1 and be done with it since it wouldn't be desolate anymore?
I love that they gave us an option to tinker with, but 0 explanation of what it does leaves me wondering if it's broken or not, how am I supposed to file a bug report if I don't know how something works? (or doesn't work in this case).

On 7/30/2022 at 5:02 PM, BezKa said:

You can put the docks over shallow water, so depends where you want to build the bridge

Wait, that's how docks work? I thought it was a number limit for the longest time. That explains a lot.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

That depends.. you ever played Apex Legends? Know the character Mirage? Mirage is playable and also still in the world doing Mirage things at the same time as an NPC- why?? Because Mirage can cast Holograms of himself.

Its important that I bring that up.. because the Wagstaff we see in the Eye of the Storm  Trailer is very very much a Hologram.

7398F1FB-5997-4DA9-8729-7E7856B09FAE.thumb.png.7bba2fc0203ee5daecfb3fcbbf2aab32.png

I'm not really up to dst's complex lore but how DID wagstaff leave and get back to his real world lab to design these holograms? (Assuming that's how he got the technology to build the moon quay portal and the hologram) Have they ever said or hinted at how he managed to leave?

• Wavey 1

47 minutes ago, SmallBirdHungry said:

I'm not really up to dst's complex lore but how DID wagstaff leave and get back to his real world lab to design these holograms? (Assuming that's how he got the technology to build the moon quay portal and the hologram) Have they ever said or hinted at how he managed to leave?

I don't think he ever really entered the Constant, in Hamlet he already showed himself to be a hologram

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Any way to delete Wonkey from the "Item Collection"? Looks like the people who never turn in to Wonkey  doesn't have it in the "Item Collection".

I turn in to Wonkey one time, so now I have it, and my instant thought was:

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f-4613761393937656439396330383437353433333730312e6a7067.thumb.jpg.3ce5a91adce1051cd665b8206c7cb54b.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Big Ups 1

I don’t really know where to post this and I don’t feel like creating an entire thread Exclusively for It.. So hopefully posting it Here will be fine (if not please move it)

One of the biggest things I was Really hoping DST would have gotten by now was a complete Overhaul of how World Gen works… now just- just hear me out on this for a Second.

We can have huge & dangerous mob filled swamps- but usually those Swamps exist secluded in their own little Area and you only need to go through those swamps when you want swamp resources.

UNLIKE Solo Don’t Starves Adventures Mode or the Hamlet DLC where you needed to travel through a poisonous Biome, or build a boat and sail across a pond that was BLOCKING OFF access to content on the other side of that Biome or Pond unless you travel through with Masks/Rafts Etc..

What I call “Choke Points”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Choke_point

which is an Area of the game where you need certain skill or knowledge to progress any further.

Single player Dont Starve had this in Adventure Mode & also present in smaller capacities throughout Hamlet/Shipwrecked.

I made a post a few years back showcasing some chokepoint examples.
371188D4-639E-416E-9066-ADD3918A7124.thumb.jpeg.18dfb319db6fcdb24b97dcd90cf6f75d.jpegF16A3B90-3FBE-4189-9967-8144ED3FB6C8.thumb.jpeg.e08afdea466c16f40175f518a1630ace.jpeg3782A00E-99B2-4743-8A67-FCE12CEF8548.jpeg.12215a6fc9565f32a40c7d753c570bdd.jpeg25965330-B2ED-4402-A579-CAB01F89917E.jpeg.b3e63e8e51beec82a1e238d309a664ac.jpeg5D6A8F4E-C9EF-4D0C-B9F1-EF2C62130020.thumb.jpeg.a5801122850a5ba52d21f9bb1d80771d.jpeg

In DST there aren’t really any of these choke points that exist- which make things like the massive Tallbird set piece or the Pig Torch set pieces to be useless and much much less threatening then they were in Solo DS where you HAD to progress through that danger or you could not reach valuable resources that was on the other side.

Yes I understand that with boats, and Dock Tiles, and Grass Rafts that these kind of Chokepoints would be more complicated to Implement- but I have faith in Klei that they can find a way. A narrow passage too small to put a boat or dock within is the least complicated example.. but bigger examples would be entire islands barricaded off by Pillars, or even some sort of complete screw job where Charlie drops you a gift beside a barricaded wall you can not pass until you open a box that reads

“the wall will drop once you open Me..” 

*Wurt smacks box to open it*

0B7D8FF7-CCE2-4D80-88E0-2E8507AC7C6B.gif.84786d35d122e788888bdd947f06208f.gif

My point- is That DST is TOO SANDBOX for its own good when both DS and it’s single player expansions had some degree of “Chokepoints” preventing you from progressing from one biome into another without overcoming the obstacle in between.

These are the parts of the franchise that I enjoyed the most (alongside RNG mob encounters from SW/Ham) these features are almost completely non-existent in DST.

And I want to ask the Developers WHY? Or if they ever have any plans at all to bring back these progression blocker “Chokepoints” or- have they become a relic of the past and if I want to enjoy them I’ll need to go play Solo DS?

JoeW teases much more substantial updates after the current Roadmap, but will Any of those updates bring back the map Chokepoints that required the players to travel through? (such as the pig/Tallbird Maze biomes from solo DS or the ponds you needed to build a raft to cross or Poisonous biomes you needed masks for in Hamlet?

Someone please answer me- I have been asking this question for at least a year or two by now & all I keep getting is..

“A Cold Reception”

(if you have nothing to say can you please just react with ShopCat so I know that it’s atleast being Acknowledge? :love_heart:)

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

the advantage of having the pc version... and a modder that answers lua questions <3. You can have those adventure mode's "room entrances" in wished biomes, the code remains in DST

Spoiler

entrance_room=blockersets.all_chess,
entrance_room=blockersets.all_bees,
entrance_room=ArrayUnion(blockersets.rocky_hard, blockersets.all_walls),
entrance_room=blockersets.all_walls,
entrance_room=blockersets.all_easy,
entrance_room=blockersets.all_tentacles,
entrance_room="Trapfield",
entrance_room="PigGuardpost",
entrance_room=blockersets.all_pigs,
entrance_room=blockersets.all_hounds,
entrance_room="SanityWall",
entrance_room="DenseRocks",
entrance_room=blockersets.all_marsh,
entrance_room="TentaclelandA",
entrance_room=blockersets.all_tallbirds,
entrance_room=ArrayUnion(blockersets.forest_easy, blockersets.all_grass, blockersets.walls_easy),
entrance_room=blockersets.all_forest,
entrance_room=blockersets.walls_easy,
entrance_room = "SanityWormholeBlocker",
entrance_room = "ForceDisconnectedRoom",

would be cool to have some of them back in new biomes

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.d4db7a208faef5311934df6f2be31fbc.png

image.thumb.png.741dc44615e1042e3534b0c42e3bba98.png

image.thumb.png.bad8bc5ea582bad63206429f1b34f564.png

Edited by ArubaroBeefalo
  • Big Ups 1

4 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

the advantage of having the pc version... you can have those adventure mode's "room entrances" in wished biomes, the code remains in DST

Reveal hidden contents

entrance_room=blockersets.all_chess,
entrance_room=blockersets.all_bees,
entrance_room=ArrayUnion(blockersets.rocky_hard, blockersets.all_walls),
entrance_room=blockersets.all_walls,
entrance_room=blockersets.all_easy,
entrance_room=blockersets.all_tentacles,
entrance_room="Trapfield",
entrance_room="PigGuardpost",
entrance_room=blockersets.all_pigs,
entrance_room=blockersets.all_hounds,
entrance_room="SanityWall",
entrance_room="DenseRocks",
entrance_room=blockersets.all_marsh,
entrance_room="TentaclelandA",
entrance_room=blockersets.all_tallbirds,
entrance_room=ArrayUnion(blockersets.forest_easy, blockersets.all_grass, blockersets.walls_easy),
entrance_room=blockersets.all_forest,
entrance_room=blockersets.walls_easy,
entrance_room = "SanityWormholeBlocker",
entrance_room = "ForceDisconnectedRoom",

would be cool to have some of them back in new biomes

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.d4db7a208faef5311934df6f2be31fbc.png

image.thumb.png.741dc44615e1042e3534b0c42e3bba98.png

image.thumb.png.bad8bc5ea582bad63206429f1b34f564.png

Looking at these your first thought would be “wow boats, grass rafts and dock bridges ruin these obstacles.” but that’s not exactly true…

Docks can only be placed in shallow waters and if Klei wants to make some sort of I don’t know “Piranha Infested Water” (which they eat the boat instantly as an animation as you try to place) then the players would still need to travel the room entrance/exit points.

The only problems however.. would end up being Wanda and Wortox- but if Klei codes it so that they can only travel to a place they have experienced on Foot first- they would still need to atleast do the Entrance/Exit at least Once.

This would obviously make Wortox/Wanda even more OP then they already Are… but I’d love to have back these Chokepoint progression blockers.

Its what (for me) made DS so difficult, and has turned DST into an endless megabase of Cawnival games.

• Like 2

Since you get durability on astroggles back from being electrocuted by moongleams, do you get durability back from being hit by lightning or a charged volt goat?

If you do, then wow, then this means the end is nigh has another use that no one ever mentioned yet, absolutely incredible!

20 minutes ago, SonicDen220 said:

Since you get durability on astroggles back from being electrocuted by moongleams, do you get durability back from being hit by lightning or a charged volt goat?

If you do, then wow, then this means the end is nigh has another use that no one ever mentioned yet, absolutely incredible!

Only applies to moon gleams unfortunately.

The delicate balance of the game stays intact! God knows what would have happened if the end is nigh could have been used to charge astroggles.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Sad Dupe 1

20 hours ago, maradyne said:

iirc it's on a slightly randomized (but relatively long minimum) timer, though I don't have the code in front of me for values 

15-45 days.

In tuning.lua, there are settings for various prefabs with DEAD_DECAY_TIME = total_day_time * 30. The range is +/- half of that in each prefab that uses it.

Edited by Bumber64
  • Thanks 1