Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

Does the Piggyback speed penalty actually apply to Woodies wereforms? I've always believed they do since I feel slower in game and I've never seen anything or anyone say to the contrary, the opposite in fact, but I recently tested it in-game more closely and found that it seemingly didn't.

My tests weren't exactly fool proof and would like a second opinion from someone who is smarter than me. I would adore a video comparison if possible :D 

13 hours ago, MadMatt said:

Does the Piggyback speed penalty actually apply to Woodies wereforms? I've always believed they do since I feel slower in game and I've never seen anything or anyone say to the contrary, the opposite in fact, but I recently tested it in-game more closely and found that it seemingly didn't.

I don't think it does. if it does it's such a small speed change i can't notice it

Is there any reason to use the Premier Gardeneer Hat other than the highlighting of resources in the farmlands?

Edited by gamehun20

28 minutes ago, gamehun20 said:

I don't think it does. if it does it's such a small speed change i can't notice it

Can't believe I've been lied to all this time. Yeah, the piggyback doesn't affect Wereform speed. (Ignore the voice and laughter that's just the person who helped me out <:))

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • GL Happy 1

I don't know if this subject has been touched upon here or in another place (site search function gives very broken results for me), but can Offline personal servers/worlds be transitioned to Online mod and vice-versa? Likewise am curious why isn't an obvious, in-menu setting, for such conversion? (or maybe there is?)

For example, cluster.ini file for my offline-mode world has this section:

[NETWORK]
lan_only_cluster = true
cluster_password =
cluster_description =
cluster_name = A Little Adventure
offline_cluster = true
cluster_language = en
cluster_cloud_id = 9347446B0F00700A

If I change "offline_cluster = false" will it be sufficient to go into Online-mode, aka receiving weekly gifts, or needs other parameters, like "online_cluster = true"? (and why does an offline server has cloud ids? Seems counter-intuitive.)

Ty in advance for possible replies!

9 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

I don't know if this subject has been touched upon here or in another place (site search function gives very broken results for me), but can Offline personal servers/worlds be transitioned to Online mod and vice-versa? Likewise am curious why isn't an obvious, in-menu setting, for such conversion? (or maybe there is?)

For example, cluster.ini file for my offline-mode world has this section:

If I change "offline_cluster = false" will it be sufficient to go into Online-mode, aka receiving weekly gifts, or needs other parameters, like "online_cluster = true"? (and why does an offline server has cloud ids? Seems counter-intuitive.)

Ty in advance for possible replies!

I don't know. Why don't you try it. And then try it again, and adding online_cluster = true.

The IDs are for redundancy. In case the feature to make offline worlds become oneline worlds, like in this very case.

13 minutes ago, hhh2 said:

I don't know. Why don't you try it. And then try it again, and adding online_cluster = true.

The IDs are for redundancy. In case the feature to make offline worlds become oneline worlds, like in this very case.

I did try just now, none of proposed modifications ("offline_cluster = false"/"online_cluster = true") works into changing world status as online. Now seems obvious there are other parameters, perhaps in various other files, needing changes. I was reluctant to test this, even with a copy of the world backed up, because I did such code-modification shenanigans in past and made my world at that time invisible to in-game loading, even after I restored the backup. Also, yes, I have no idea how LUA programming works, at all, aside obvious stat-controls like above.

I would like to ask Mr JoeW (or anyone else at Klei who might can answer) a question, I have a friend who does not yet own an Xbox Series X/S he is still playing his games on the Xbox One.

Reason I bring this up is because when my friend Invites ME to play Battlefield 2042 it prompts me to download the Xbox One version of the game (this is how MOST games work..) However.. If I Invite him something strange happens- it makes him play Battlefield 2042 through the Xbox Cloud but that’s not all..

It let’s HIM play the Xbox Series X/S version of Battlefield 2042 on his Xbox One.

as seen Here: 

D81134A7-5F0C-46B5-8F66-A1200EED68E0.thumb.jpeg.6a36cf1cf02edc55ba240cc6fb69c551.jpeg

so, my question is would this be possible for DST??

If older hardware could play a newer version of the game that’s running on a higher end platform through the cloud like BF2042 does?

In theory it SHOULD allow me to access all the features PC version of DST has- (higher player cap limit, more World Gen settings) and my last Gen friend could simply join the game from my next gen game invite correct?

Can someone please explain how this works?? I’m not very smart on how tech works but how is my last Gen friend playing next gen Battlefield?!?! & … Could other games (not just battlefield) use such a function?