Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

Did Deerclops get more health or do I just really suck at fighting it as Wickerbottom?? I’m using Night Armor, a Darksword, and 4 Pierogi but I had to bail out the fight and let a treeguard and some stray spiders take care of it.

Deerclops was no where near this hard with Wendy, Wurt, Wolfgang or Wortox lol.

Am I doing something wrong?? I use to be able to fight the EoT.. now Deerclops is proving to be a challenge.

Maybe I was suppose to use some of Wickers 17 books.. or I have some world settings toggled to be more difficult, I don’t know- I just know I failed miserably at fighting it. :( 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Did Deerclops get more health or do I just really suck at fighting it as Wickerbottom?? I’m using Night Armor, a Darksword, and 4 Pierogi but I had to bail out the fight and let a treeguard and some stray spiders take care of it.

Deerclops was no where near this hard with Wendy, Wurt, Wolfgang or Wortox lol.

Am I doing something wrong?? I use to be able to fight the EoT.. now Deerclops is proving to be a challenge.

Maybe I was suppose to use some of Wickers 17 books.. or I have some world settings toggled to be more difficult, I don’t know- I just know I failed miserably at fighting it. :( 

It's the latter.

20 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Tumbleweed

You mean I can get the gems people fight Dragonfly for by just farming tumbleweeds? x.X

0.02% and 0.01% chance is waaaay too low just for 1 one of the 5 gems. This is Don't Starve Together not Tumbleweed picker 3000

Edited by Loonytoony
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Pig Princess said:

How can I spawn pirate raid properly? I want to figure out conditions of one very annoying bug where pirate raids target Wonkey-player before re-reporting it on bug tracker.

I’m not sure what you mean by properly, hostile flares lighted at the sea tend to summon a pirate raid.

If it’s the event console code you are looking for I can’t help. But I’d spawn myself either a bunch of hostile flares or I’d teleport to monkey island and stayed in a boat near the island for a little bit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShadowDuelist said:

I’m not sure what you mean by properly, hostile flares lighted at the sea tend to summon a pirate raid.

Problem is I can't be sure that spawned with flare raid would be suitable for test. For example, spawned with flare Deerclops doesn't announce it's arrival, as for flare-spawned mac tusks I had several cases when flare didn't work (mac tusks were alive for sure, I searched all over the place (with moggles during night) and didn't see even loot of dead hunting parties (blow dart and teeth should have stayed even if some mob ate the rest).

1 hour ago, ShadowDuelist said:

or I’d teleport to monkey island and stayed in a boat near the island for a little bit.

I tried this and problem is it's just random, i.e. if I'm unlucky I can wait for hours for raid. Classic case of Murphy law: when I'm in legit playthtough, monkeys attack relentlessly, while I need them - they don't show up at all. I don't want to sit for hours staring at screen because maybe something will happen, and bug testing is actually Klei's work, not mine after all; but the whole situation with ignored bug reports irritates me the more the more I encounter game-changing bugs. Therefore I came here asking for console command as a middleground solution for now.

That being said, it's possible that problem is with triggering raid itself so console command would not help me.

Edited by Pig Princess
  • Like 1

Seriously guys.. did they buff the range of the IceFlingo or Not?! I use to have to build two flingo machines to cover my base, now just one looks like it’ll be enough (note I generally build small bases)

Im pretty sure just one of these would span Firefly’s entire fighting area now.

12 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Hey guys.. Did Klei Stealth Buff the range of the IceFlingoMatic with Maxwells Refresh? I don’t think its always had THIS MUCH range.. this is actually quite satisfactory for the sizes of my bases.. lol.

EFCA4EA9-B469-4C4D-83C1-2523A4FD5FD9.thumb.jpeg.632164af7c81b10acbc025124ef06eeb.jpeg

Looks normal to me. 

On 11/25/2022 at 4:15 AM, Mike23Ua said:

Hey guys.. Did Klei Stealth Buff the range of the IceFlingoMatic with Maxwells Refresh? I don’t think its always had THIS MUCH range.. this is actually quite satisfactory for the sizes of my bases.. lol.

EFCA4EA9-B469-4C4D-83C1-2523A4FD5FD9.thumb.jpeg.632164af7c81b10acbc025124ef06eeb.jpeg

So I went to the internet to try and find some old photos of the range for Iceflingo, and unless this is an optical illusion.. it seems Klei did indeed stealth buff the range of the Ice Flingo Machine with Maxwells update (maybe even sometime before that!) 

1265FBFE-52A7-4F37-AF44-DBA1C2ECBD1C.thumb.webp.19dc52e9df29b201dca8af4c7dda96e3.webp

Notice how it extends beyond my inventory bar and the right hand corner of time of day/hunger/health/sanity information.

43 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

it seems Klei did indeed stealth buff the range of the Ice Flingo Machine

No they didn't. Here is my base. Notice how there is a lureplant in each of the corners. If they had increased the radius, the line would have gone further. This base has existed since the Waterlogged update. Nothing has changed. To double check, I created a new unmodified world, and yeah, it's definitely the same.

Spoiler

13.thumb.png.7a24afd250098087597d58ec1bf2beb8.png22.thumb.png.8b07017d36acb8266cc4379c0af5178d.png

Edited by Lokena
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Notice how it extends beyond my inventory bar and the right hand corner of time of day/hunger/health/sanity information.

One of these images is simply more zoomed out than the other. I don't know about console, but you can simply use the scroll wheel on pc to zoom in and out. It's giving the impression that the range has gotten larger, but in reality your screenshot is simply at the default zoom level.

• Like 4
  • Sanity 1

2 minutes ago, sylvia wander o said:

One of these images is simply more zoomed out than the other. I don't know about console, but you can simply use the scroll wheel on pc to zoom in and out. It's giving the impression that the range has gotten larger, but in reality your screenshot is simply at the default zoom level.

To the best of my knowledge you can’t zoom in/out on Console. But thanks for the explanation. :) 

2 hours ago, Cloakingsumo198 said:

Is Maxwell's shadows not "shadows" on xbox for a reason?

Before it used to be that only their tools were normal now they're just a slightly off color Maxwell.

Crappy phone pic:IMG_20221201_120852467.thumb.jpg.8c5384e858acc24086f67f070c0457f6.jpg 

Personally I love how they all look like Maxwell, makes it that much more creepy.. kinda like the shadows can just “Clone” people if you will..

Come to think of it.. that would explain how he ends up trapped stuck on a chair listening to music but is also able to spawn in and taunt Wilson throughout Adventures mode.