Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

2 hours ago, Just-guy said:

I seems to be surrounded by Rocky Turf, which can't spawn Eyeplants.

I assumed that a Lureplant can spawn an Eyeplant on the same tile it's occupying. But sure, I'll later add another forest turf to check if that works

18 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

I assumed that a Lureplant can spawn an Eyeplant on the same tile it's occupying. But sure, I'll later add another forest turf to check if that works

It can theoretically, but I think there's a bit of randomness to the spawn points each time you plant the bulb.

Also, that dropped moon glass might be blocking a spawn point.

How the heck do you fight hound waves on this game?!? Ugh… Varglet are impossible for me to fight, and that is WITH a Football Helm, Marble Suit and Freaking Darksword..

Im starting to think these things weren’t designed for a solo player to fight… 

4 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

How the heck do you fight hound waves on this game?!? Ugh… Varglet are impossible for me to fight, and that is WITH a Football Helm, Marble Suit and Freaking Darksword..

Varglets were designed to make hound waves less annoying

There are less hounds in waves now because Varglets replace like 5 potential hounds and they occur less often.

Varglets can summon only limited amount of hounds (I think it's 3) so the way you deal with them is by avoiding their attacks while killing normal hounds. After you done with those, you can 1v1 Varglet.

If you're struggling with juggling several enemies at once some pigs/beefalos might help because they'll distract some of the hounds.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

Usually things aren't but solo players can be kept in mind.
Anyhow, use traps. You're not supposed to fight them 1:1.
Anything helps, character perks, world traps, teeth traps, mobs, get creative! 

• Like 2

On 11/5/2022 at 9:06 AM, -Variant said:

Imitation lacks the glowing colored runes.
image.thumb.png.9cfc22898d2a815e0a53ec653bfb38c4.png
image.thumb.png.7ec1e4024e3a737cdec0ae39e396544a.png

They're really weird when they leave the Nightmare filter, I'm guessing that the Imitation turf were designed as a playable variant of the ruin turf, while the original ruin turf shouldn't have been made, and the new dev team misunderstood the design intent...

On 11/6/2022 at 3:20 AM, QuartzBeam said:

It can theoretically, but I think there's a bit of randomness to the spawn points each time you plant the bulb.

Also, that dropped moon glass might be blocking a spawn point.

The relative positions of the eyeplant and lure plants are fixed.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

kill the hounds first and take the opportunity when the varglet is alone to deal damage.

Always kite since they deal a lot of damage. I dont see a marble suit as a good choice because getting stunlock by multiple enemies makes you waste resources and deal less or the same damage than kitting.

If multiple hounds are after you try to sync their atacks by kitting all of them at the same time.

use elemental hounds for your advantage. They have less hp so they are easier to be killed which means that they should be your 1st target. Use ice ones to freeze the other hounds. Use the fire from the red ones as a wall, the fire should be between you and thr hounds so they cant come at you plus they receive some damage

If you are getting varglets means that is a world with many days so you should have a better weapon than a spear since you will need less hits to kill each hound

you can always set hound traps, catapults, hondious, bunny houses or lure plants in different places of the map to help you

new hound waves are way more forgiving and easy for solo players than old ones, there are less enemies and they come every maaany days. DS single player hound waves were way harder with the ammount of hounds that came and not being able to cancel atack animations

edit: you can bring with you a weather pain to stunlock them, blow darts (1 blow dart one shots elemental hounds), a fire staff to scare them, ice staff to freeze the varglet, etc

Edited by ArubaroBeefalo
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, dois raios said:

what is the difference between rework and refresh?

It's used VERY loosely, but from what I gather.

Rework: Entirely/majorly changed base gameplay. How the character works/plays is changed.

Refresh: Same/usual playstyle, with additional QOL changes and/or mechanics.

Woodie I'd consider a rework, almost everything about him was changed!

Wes I'd consider a refresh, maybe. You get the idea.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, -Variant said:

Refresh: Same/usual playstyle, with additional QOL changes and/or mechanics.

Woodie I'd consider a rework, almost everything about him was changed!

Wes I'd consider a refresh, maybe. You get the idea

I would've considered Wes' update also a rework, Wickerbottom's and Wendy's update could be refreshes.

• Like 1

So uh yeah I’m gonna be that guy who asks that question, and really there’s nothing anyone can do about it.

We know Novembers Update is Maxwell Rework.. But we will also get a tease at “What’s Coming Next” during his Rework, in previous years Klei has always aimed to leave us with a decent sized update to keep us occupied until they got back from their holiday breaks. So my Question is what do y’all think that updates gonna be? 
(December/January update) I’m personally hoping it’s a good sized content update, cause the Little bit of Drama content update was disappointing to me.

I’d love another Turn of Tides, Forgotten Knowledge or Curse of Moon Quay sized content update.

Can Wendy be given some new abilities in future updates? The more recent reworks- most notably WX78, Wickerbottom & Maxwell have all been given fun new abilities that really flesh out their gameplay, Meanwhile Wendy isn’t doing what she SHOULD be able to do..

And that would be commanding Abigail to “Haunt” stuff as a Ghost, basically give Abby the same abilities a Dead Human Player would have (Aka being able to haunt flowers to turn them evil, etc..)

It would be pretty cool if Abigail can be commanded to “Haunt” other players which would then make them light up like they had eaten glow berry.

It just feels like Wendy’s One trick Pony should have a few more uses here and there.

Haunting Bernie to force Trigger his Big formation without Willow needing to go Insane, etc..

Please can already reworked characters continue to get some love in future QoL/updates?

• Like 2

What ruins biomes that have clockworks and what rooms in them are guaranteed to spawn?

Relatively recently I played on server with the smallest ruins I've ever seen before, and I'm curious if it's actually the smallest possible ruins outside of completely bugged maps. For reference, the following rooms/biomes had generated there:

- completed pseudoscience station; [guaranteed]

- 8-statue double bishop room (1); [1 is guaranteed]

- unprotected broken pseudoscience station room with 2 statues and 2 nightmare lights (1); [is 1 guaranteed?]

- bishop + double rook room with 5 statues and 4 nightmare lights near the center (2);

- military biome entrance (1 statue in square-shaped part of land before actual branch) (1); [guaranteed]

- military biome itself: double rook room (1), broken pseudoscience station with bishop and knight guarding it (1), knight near 1 statue (1), rook near 2 nightmare lights (1); [1 station and double rook room are mandatory to spawn, I suspect]

- 1 room with 5 columns and relics (no statues), i.e. entrance to double bishop room mentioned before; [guaranteed]

- labirynth; [guaranteed, idk what is the smallest possible size though]

- 5 cave holes: 1 in relics room and 4 in the wilds.

Hey Klei a long time ago you guys had a scrapped concept for a Targeting dummy, which allowed players to test out weapon damage on a dummy.. but NOW there are Mannequins in the game, so I’d like to ask is it possible to add this feature to the Mannequin allow us to “hit” it with a weapon to see visible damage numbers on how much damage we deal without it doing damage to the weapon?

I simply don’t think it’s fair that I need to look on a Wikipedia website to find out X Weapon is better than Y weapon.

And these Mannequin in addition to what they’re already used for: could double down as the Target dummy concept you scrapped ages ago. 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Hey Klei a long time ago you guys had a scrapped concept for a Targeting dummy, which allowed players to test out weapon damage on a dummy.. but NOW there are Mannequins in the game, so I’d like to ask is it possible to add this feature to the Mannequin allow us to “hit” it with a weapon to see visible damage numbers on how much damage we deal without it doing damage to the weapon?

I simply don’t think it’s fair that I need to look on a Wikipedia website to find out X Weapon is better than Y weapon.

And these Mannequin in addition to what they’re already used for: could double down as the Target dummy concept you scrapped ages ago. 

It would also be nice if they show the weapons dps(damage per second) to compare weapons with slower/faster usetime.

Is anyone else getting the weird glitch of mods disappearing in DST and counting as not being subscribed to despite steam saying otherwise? I've seen DST try to install them again but after a bit, they're gone again and the game only recognizes a few still there and loading up a world also considers them not there or removed.

• Like 1