Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

Ocean Trawlers cannot be destroyed by hitting it with boat, and it also can't be moved in anyway.

Therefore they serve as an excellent anchor for your boats.

Having 3 (4 is preferred) Trawlers placing right next to your boat will basically lock it in place, preventing any waves from moving it.

I like to use Trawlers along with Seaweed farms so that they both catch fish and hold the boats in place if a Gnarwail shows up.

While I'm waiting for someone to address my report, I might as well ask you guys if you had a similar situation:D 

Have you ever had a caves world where this happened? I can't jump into the first tentapillar pit I opened, the only option is "examine" and I triple checked if my keyboard was stuck at ALT while switching windows. I'm suspecting an odd numbered amount of tentapillars but honestly, I have no clue. I don't want to use console commands yet, as I'm planning on playing this world long term, but I could check the caves portal to see if the items I dropped into the pit teleported there. Any ideas, or anyone who had a similar situation?

10 minutes ago, mr. brj said:

While I'm waiting for someone to address my report, I might as well ask you guys if you had a similar situation:D 

Have you ever had a caves world where this happened? I can't jump into the first tentapillar pit I opened, the only option is "examine" and I triple checked if my keyboard was stuck at ALT while switching windows. I'm suspecting an odd numbered amount of tentapillars but honestly, I have no clue. I don't want to use console commands yet, as I'm planning on playing this world long term, but I could check the caves portal to see if the items I dropped into the pit teleported there. Any ideas, or anyone who had a similar situation?

Did you try another pit? Maybe this is the only bugged? What mods do you have?

25 minutes ago, mr. brj said:

Have you tried giving it items like you can a wormhole?
Normally this happens when there is no exit to a wormhole or cave hole.

This may be caused by bad world gen or mod issues.
I'm unsure of any actual fixes for it, aside from having a faulty hole.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DajeKotlyar said:

Did you try another pit? Maybe this is the only bugged? What mods do you have?

I didn't, as it was already a really long session and I just decided to leave the problem for today. I'm also suspecting this one is the only one though. Besides geo placement, I don't use any mods.

8 minutes ago, -Variant said:

Have you tried giving it items like you can a wormhole?
Normally this happens when there is no exit to a wormhole or cave hole.

This may be caused by bad world gen or mod issues.
I'm unsure of any actual fixes for it, aside from having a faulty hole.

Yes, I was able to drop items, and just to test it I did throw single silk. If the pit doesn't connect to another, I should be able to find it at the caves portal, right?

But yes the caves world is really messed up. I did see many caves where biomes intersected each other, but this one is on a whole other level.

12 minutes ago, mr. brj said:

I didn't, as it was already a really long session and I just decided to leave the problem for today. I'm also suspecting this one is the only one though. Besides geo placement, I don't use any mods.

It can be problem with only one pit. Something cave holes messed like this, maybe it can happen with pits. Or you just play Don't Starve (alone version))

(Its a joke)

• Wavey 1

43 minutes ago, mr. brj said:

Yes, I was able to drop items, and just to test it I did throw single silk. If the pit doesn't connect to another, I should be able to find it at the caves portal, right?

It'll drop in its place.
Notice how I can't jump in this Wormhole? When giving it an item, it'll drop where its currently standing. If your cave hole is doing the same it'd be what I mentioned earlier with it missing a second half.
image.thumb.png.80b67087f8d86ae278375b5ec507f682.pngimage.thumb.png.c3e04483535935489fffdcd57d5785e1.png

Edited by -Variant
  • Thanks 1

On 10/8/2022 at 4:35 PM, Castaccio said:

Was Wurt ever confirmed to be or not be a goat? I think it was mentioned on a Rhymes with Play stream, but I'm not sure which one.

She was confirmed NOT to be a goat, during the Rhymes with Play they confirmed her horns are because she's a Merm GUARD instead!
The skins are hypothetical "what-ifs"!

• Like 4

Semi serious question: Why are the survivors still attacked by charlie during the night?

She's the queen of the constant. Doesn't she have work to do?

Smh my head she's probably the reason we don't get weekly updates instead of monthly ones. Come on get to work and create things!!!!

Serious question with beta spoilers:

If she (the doll) was following Wilson (the fool) to get to maxwell (the king), i'm guessing she refers to adventure mode and its ending. But... Again, why would she attack in the dark? Seems to me she needed wilson alive... At least until he took her to the throne

• Like 2

1 hour ago, -Variant said:

She was confirmed NOT to be a goat, during the Rhymes with Play they confirmed her horns are because she's a Merm GUARD instead!
The skins are hypothetical "what-ifs"!

Got it! Do you know which stream this was confirmed in?

1 hour ago, Juanasdf said:

Serious question with beta spoilers:

If she (the doll) was following Wilson (the fool) to get to maxwell (the king), i'm guessing she refers to adventure mode and its ending. But... Again, why would she attack in the dark? Seems to me she needed wilson alive... At least until he took her to the throne

Charlie only attacks/attacked the survivors when they stayed in the dark for extended periods of time, with plenty of warning, and only when without night vision. My guess is that this was to motivate them to stay in the light and, by proxy, away from her.

If Charlie was ever acknowledged as anything other than an unstoppable force trying to kill them from the shadows, the survivors may attempt to fight her, communicate with her, or prevent her from following them into the next world in Adventure Mode.

1 hour ago, Juanasdf said:

Semi serious question: Why are the survivors still attacked by charlie during the night?

She's the queen of the constant. Doesn't she have work to do?

Gotta make sure that the survivors fear the night like good subjects :)

Heck, I think that one of the Hallowed Nights poems was told from her POV, and elaborates on that. I believe it's on her Wiki entry.

41 minutes ago, GelatinousCube said:

How do cookie cutters and docks interact? I have a few salt schoals real close to land and was thinking may be I could build docks around them for a salt farm of sorts but I suspect cookie cutters obliterate docks?

Cookie Cutters ignore docks entirely.
By all intents and purposes, docks are simply just turf tiles.
The only thing that can interact with them are explosions and cannon balls.

• Thanks 3