Walter & Woby Arrive June 15th!

1 minute ago, emin61 said:

As far as im concern but also dont call me a technican. console is limited to content and entites wich means you cant ubgrade it like a pc. memory,graphics card,cpu. console has most games but not ALL games. i have don't starve (solo) on my ps3 (yeah i know very nostalgic i am) and i also cant set certain things to lots. due to how limited a console is to memory and such. if you have 100 bees in your rendering distance you might experience lagg/fps lagg. that also can happen to the console so thats why prob more/lots is not available.

again im not claiming myself as a technican but im well educated.

I didn’t say more or lots.. (I know those can’t happen) I said spawning into the world with an already reduced unrepairable health core- This would allow me to play as Wolfgang with the same max health as Maxwell.. for example.

the fact that you can turn things off and tweak them adds to the experience in my opinion. there are many possible reasons as to why you would turn anything off/make it more difficult, like for instance, if you want more of a challenge, BAM you can make things more difficult in the world settings. that also works the other way, if you want an easier more relaxed game, you can tweak the world to be whatever you want. 

a lot of people love challenge runs, and there are practically infinite possibilities, because you can make your own by tweaking the world. 

And, if there is anything in the game that you particularly don't like, you can turn them off. I personally dislike Lureplants for instance, because they don.t really provide me with any challenge, or entertainment because i don't care about any of the cool creative things you can do with them.

some people might turn off the bosses or hounds and so forth, because they prefer to just play the game there own way without the disruptions they bring

56 minutes ago, Monkey Cups said:

When your arguments are essentially "Charlie didn't reach through my monitor and punch me in the face just for existing, too OP plz nerf" it's hard to take you seriously. Yes, you're part of the playerbase, but you aren't the majority of players. Most people (myself included) aren't the type to like difficulty so hard root canals are preferable.

Those that do can use mods. I believe you wrote one yourself just for that, yes?

Does representing the majority of the playerbase matter, though? This sounds like an ad hominem attack; who the person is is irrelevant to the argument being made. No one in this thread, you included, represents the community anyways, so even the ad hominem itself doesn't work here. Even if some people are calling for nerfs, calling them 'veterans' doesn't debunk the claim. 

I also went back to the original post, and there was no explicit or even implied call for a nerf; where did this come from?

12 minutes ago, DrMcGillacactus said:

the fact that you can turn things off and tweak them adds to the experience in my opinion. there are many possible reasons as to why you would turn anything off/make it more difficult, like for instance, if you want more of a challenge, BAM you can make things more difficult in the world settings. that also works the other way, if you want an easier more relaxed game, you can tweak the world to be whatever you want. 

a lot of people love challenge runs, and there are practically infinite possibilities, because you can make your own by tweaking the world. 

And, if there is anything in the game that you particularly don't like, you can turn them off. I personally dislike Lureplants for instance, because they don.t really provide me with any challenge, or entertainment because i don't care about any of the cool creative things you can do with them.

some people might turn off the bosses or hounds and so forth, because they prefer to just play the game there own way without the disruptions they bring

Thank You, that’s what I’ve been trying to say since the first day I’ve joined these forums, this game can be as easy or as hard as you personally WANT it to be..

I just recently deleted every world I owned because Klei’s May update added something I been asking for for a long time- Truly Random weather seasons & season lengths (it was worth deleting them for!)

To those playing on default settings I only have one piece of advice to give you: Dont be afraid to step out of your comfort Zone.. try something new and different, play in a Winter Only or Lights out setting.. if you rely to heavily on Ice as a Crockpot filler, Disable Icebergs!

Guys I want BIG Changes to this game.. I want to be able to toggle rather or not people can build a birdcage and then just sit in base all day pumping it full of MM to get free eggs.

In 2020 how about we set to break the Meta with some deeper personal customization?

3 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Thank You, that’s what I’ve been trying to say since the first day I’ve joined these forums, this game can be as easy or as hard as you personally WANT it to be..

I just recently deleted every world I owned because Klei’s May update added something I been asking for for a long time- Truly Random weather seasons & season lengths (it was worth deleting them for!)

To those playing on default settings I only have one piece of advice to give you: Dont be afraid to step out of your comfort Zone.. try something new and different, play in a Winter Only or Lights out setting.. if you rely to heavily on Ice as a Crockpot filler, Disable Icebergs!

Guys I want BIG Changes to this game.. I want to be able to toggle rather or not people can build a birdcage and then just sit in base all day pumping it full of MM to get free eggs.

In 2020 how about we set to break the Meta with some deeper personal customization?

I've tried lights out challenge in SW and HAM, but the only character I can play as was Willow (cuz there isn't a campfire/chest when you spawn)

I dare anyone to try both

1 hour ago, mafmafworld said:

i literally just want to have a friendly game, but everyone here sounds too salty or maybe i dont like confrontation at all

Ah, I see the problem. Not a mechanics question but a psychology based one. Unfortunately there are people who take the game too seriously. You can have a chill playstyle depending on the group of friends you have but you can't force people to be nice. Unfortunately. Sorry if this wasn't the answer you wanted.

52 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Ah, I see the problem. Not a mechanics question but a psychology based one. Unfortunately there are people who take the game too seriously. You can have a chill playstyle depending on the group of friends you have but you can't force people to be nice. Unfortunately. Sorry if this wasn't the answer you wanted.

It's okay, thank you for taking the time to respond. You sound nice

There’s no fighting going on in this thread? There’s a difference between discussing how a character could possibly work vs. calling someone’s membrane a crustacean.

Debate is healthy when it promotes ideas and critical thinking between the community. It lets us see other people’s perceptions on a character and allows us to discuss what we think is too strong, is pointless, too weak, what could be improved upon, etc. etc.

If you go on any gaming forum where members of a community can interact with one another, you will see this behavior every now and then. It’s not “unhealthy” or “fighting” or a flame war, it’s a critical thinking discussion. Even the terraria forums which are super moderated will have these discussions pop-up now and then.

Regardless,

Spoiler

These two lads are freaking adorable oh my lord.

I don't know if Klei is planning on finishing the hallowed nights mob costume collection, and even if they did it would totally rip off of Wolfgang's current skin, but imagine Walter with a Wee Mactusk costume with an ice hound Woby skin.

6 hours ago, Canis said:

… Did you even read my post? I said specifically that when youre experienced enough in a game, you can take a shot at guessing how a character is going to play based on the abilities you have listed before you. Again, literally every other gaming fanbase does this, and does it often, why should DST be an exception to this and be above criticism?

I personally haven't complained about it being hard enough, and as a matter of fact I haven't really heard anyone else complain about Walter sounding too easy (because We expect it from Klei at this point).

I read the entire thread, actually.

Let me ask you this: what qualifies someone as an "expert" or "veteran" in DST?

Is it the ability to survive a year? With or without other people? Are we counting single player?

Is it hours? Again, are we adding single player to the qualifications?

The ability to solo bosses? With or without "cheese"?

Hell, can the fanbase even agree on the definition of "cheese"? I've seen people call Wendy and Abigail fighting bee queen cheese, even though the mechanics of the character were used completely as intended and no structures/meat bulbs/shootius were involved.

I have probably too many hours in both games and I don't constantly feel the need to remind people I'm some kind of expert just to toot my own horn.

On 6/11/2020 at 1:54 AM, JoeW said:

Woby

• Feeding small Woby enough monster meat will transform her into her big form

Of course we also have some new skins

So Woby is a girl and maybe we'll have Woby's skin for Chester (actually possible with the sweeper!!).

1 hour ago, Dr. Safety said:

but imagine Walter with a Wee Mactusk costume with an ice hound Woby skin.

I approve of this, and I can say without a doubt in my heart that this is one of the best ideas I've ever heard.

1 hour ago, Monkey Cups said:

I read the entire thread, actually.

Let me ask you this: what qualifies someone as an "expert" or "veteran" in DST?

Is it the ability to survive a year? With or without other people? Are we counting single player?

Is it hours? Again, are we adding single player to the qualifications?

The ability to solo bosses? With or without "cheese"?

Hell, can the fanbase even agree on the definition of "cheese"? I've seen people call Wendy and Abigail fighting bee queen cheese, even though the mechanics of the character were used completely as intended and no structures/meat bulbs/shootius were involved.

I have probably too many hours in both games and I don't constantly feel the need to remind people I'm some kind of expert just to toot my own horn.

This question seems irrelevant. I never said that only experts can give valid criticism. All I said is that experienced people shouldn't get shat on because they express worries about unreleased content.

9 hours ago, Canis said:

Thanks for being the EXACT type of person I was talking about.

In this forum happend the opppsite than in others. Here Noobs are the arrogants. I guess because they think we claim for difficult just to laught at them instead of because we know how the game become when you know everything. Also they forget that we died at spiders, deerclops, etc but we didnt cry to klei to nerf or buff things or go to the workshop to get '99 item stack' 'backpack+armor' or 'revive in campfire' so they felt offended for no reason instead of improve

Also the players that support the most the game i can guess that are vetetans since the most you play more tentation for buying skins and characters not a casual kid that bought in a ilegit page a 5€ copy

But money moves the world and eventually more characters for casuals will arrive like wendy that was one of the difficult characters in late or wortox. Atleast we have things like wormwood but still op in a team

I'm really excited! This is so cute and fits so well in the game in my opinion. I absolutely adore the little details like being able to tell stories around the fire and gaining sanity around forests, it really feels like it would add to the immersion of being a scout. Of course I must reserve full judgement for the actual release, but what I see here sounds quite enjoyable.

I apologize if someone has mentioned this already in the replies, but honestly, I see MANY resemblances to the character "Walter" from the old TV show "Lost." Anybody else notice that?

Archived