Walter & Woby Arrive June 15th!

Just now, Canis said:

Thanks for being the EXACT type of person I was talking about.

The character isn't even out yet and you're already complaining it's not hard enough. What did you expect? Things tend to be different in practice than on paper, which is why balancing games is so difficult.

5 minutes ago, Monkey Cups said:

The character isn't even out yet and you're already complaining it's not hard enough. What did you expect? Things tend to be different in practice than on paper, which is why balancing games is so difficult.

… Did you even read my post? I said specifically that when youre experienced enough in a game, you can take a shot at guessing how a character is going to play based on the abilities you have listed before you. Again, literally every other gaming fanbase does this, and does it often, why should DST be an exception to this and be above criticism?

I personally haven't complained about it being hard enough, and as a matter of fact I haven't really heard anyone else complain about Walter sounding too easy (because We expect it from Klei at this point).

I could see the character being very beginner friendly, new players tend to avoid combat, so Walter would save them from insanity and they’d have a tent to recover any scrapes. 

I could also see advanced players staying permanently insane for shadow tentacles tactics, assuming that nightmare fuel is used to make it.

4 minutes ago, Canis said:

… Did you even read my post? I said specifically that when youre experienced enough in a game, you can take a shot at guessing how a character is going to play based on the abilities you have listed before you. Again, literally every other gaming fanbase does this, and does it often, why should DST be an exception to this and be above criticism?

I personally haven't complained about it being hard enough, and as a matter of fact I haven't really heard anyone else complain about Walter sounding too easy (because We expect it from Klei at this point).

I honestly can’t say how incredibly inaccurate having this mindset is. I can say one mode that completely blows your theory out the water- well two modes..

Gorge and Forge, Did either of those use your precious Meta that the rest of the game runs on? No no they did not..

Also (And as Klei states time and time again) We as the players can only ever judge content they add to the game based on what WE HAVE NOW or What we might IMAGINE WILL BE IN IT IN ITS FUTURE, Meanwhile... Klei is over there knowing full well what they want the future to be.

Maybe your right... maybe you can judge Walter based on being an Expert at the game, But Maybe Klei wants to add more islands to the game with new mobs like the Lunar Island.. MAYBE they want to add new modes like Gorge and Forge that flip core gameplay upside down on its head and tells you Goodluck Bro!

The TL:DR- You shouldn’t be judging the game based on how it plays now when Klei has already acknowledge that we want some pretty big changes to it for its future.

6 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

snip

Your argument is saying that Klei can bring back Forge/Gorge. What? (Disregarding the fact that Klei said they probably wont be doing those events again)

I, along with everyone else, am applying these theoretical perks to a vanilla survival setting, based on the content we have now, because unless new content is released alongside Walter, that is the exact scenario that we will have until said content gets released. We judge the character based on what additions they will bring to existing content, because that is what is going to happen.

As a matter of fact, YOU said this.

6 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

We as the players can only ever judge content they add to the game based on what WE HAVE NOW or What we might IMAGINE WILL BE IN IT IN ITS FUTURE

I rarely use the confused react because it's essentially a Klei downvote, but im honestly confused.

That’s exactly what I mean.. What if they add a mode and call it Revenge of the Bee Queen.. and we find out that there are MANY Bee Queens in the game.. in this mode Hound Wave attacks are replaced by Bee attacks.

How would Walter fair out then huh? Does this sound crazy? To have more then one Bee Queen and to have them roaming around Freely in their own jungle biomes.. does having more than ONE instantly no longer make it a Bee QUEEN??

What about Spider Queens then?

I can remember a time where there could only ever be ONE Spider Queen on my screen at one time.. Now- the game has been updated and any tier 3 spider den left standing has a chance of becoming a Spider Queen.

How are you to say that they don’t plan to update Bee Hives to respond the same way?

Yes your an expert at the game, Yes you can judge whatever Klei adds based only on whatever is already there, however I prefer NOT to judge it because I have no idea what will be there in the games Future.

1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

That’s exactly what I mean.. What if they add a mode and call it Revenge of the Bee Queen.. and we find out that there are MANY Bee Queens in the game.. in this mode Hound Wave attacks are replaced by Bee attacks.

How would Walter fair out then huh? Does this sound crazy? To have more then one Bee Queen and to have them roaming around Freely in their own jungle biomes.. does having more than ONE instantly no longer make it a Bee QUEEN??

What about Spider Queens then?

I can remember a time where there could only ever be ONE Spider Queen on my screen at one time.. Now- the game has been updated and any tier 3 spider den left standing has a chance of becoming a Spider Queen.

How are you to say that they don’t plan to update Bee Hives to respond the same way?

Yes your an expert at the game, Yes you can judge whatever Klei adds based only on whatever is already there, however I prefer NOT to judge it because I have no idea what will be there in the games Future.

No more bees please for Walter's sake.

Looks like a varg critter but more usefull and not crying for food a million of times. straight fact im spitting right?

10 minutes ago, TheHollowKnight said:

Walter hasn't even come out yet and people are arguing? :wilson_confused:

I’m not arguing with anyone, I’m just trying to show my point of view that I can’t personally judge this game based on how it plays now because I have no idea how it will play in its future, Who here Besides JoeW, Nome, JanH etc.. can honestly say that they DON’T plan to make Beehives upgrade tiers over time like the Spider Nests?

8 minutes ago, mafmafworld said:

i literally just want to have a friendly game, but everyone here sounds too salty or maybe i dont like confrontation at all

The game was not originally meant to be friendly it was supposed to be a challenging sandbox survival game where and I quote “Almost everything hates you & wants you to die.”  But that does not mean that the game can NOT be updated to cater to both types of players.. The casuals who want a friendly peaceful experience, and the survivalists who WANT things like Earthquakes, Tornadoes, Floods etc to come wipe their base off the map forcing them to pick up the leftovers and rebuild.

I want the opinion of the experts when I ask this question- “Why exactly is there even an OPTION to turn OFF the Bosses & Hound Wave Attacks?”

I think (hopefully) I rest my case.

7 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I want the opinion of the experts when I ask this question- “Why exactly is there even an OPTION to turn OFF the Bosses & Hound Wave Attacks?”

Because no one gives a F how you play dst. your world your rules, screw charlie. you are the god.

This isnt a competetive game, rather cooperative game and everyone has their different means of fun.

as far as i can tell from my side. wbu?

Edit: or maybe klei is gonna add a little lore of how and why we can turn off/on certain things in the game.

6 minutes ago, mafmafworld said:

i was meaning like, friendly in the sense of playing with friends without fighting

I misunderstood you then, lol I’m sorry- but still my question stands, why exactly is there even an OPTION to Turn off stuff like Giants, Hound Waves, Summer, Winter, Heck on the MOBILE Version you can do amazing stuff like turn off STARVATION (if you want a peaceful experience you can just relax and play) But if you feel like having a more HARDCORE Experience, you can set those options to spawn you into the game with reduced overall health core that never can be brought fully back up.

Why is this stuff NOT in the console game yet????!?! I Want MORE TOGGLE OPTIONS Klei... please? This is what I want in 2020 for this game...

AND It’s something they just recently tinkered with when they did Mays QoL update.

1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

Why is this stuff NOT in the console game yet????!?!

As far as im concern but also dont call me a technican. console is limited to content and entites wich means you cant ubgrade it like a pc. memory,graphics card,cpu. console has most games but not ALL games. i have don't starve (solo) on my ps3 (yeah i know very nostalgic i am) and i also cant set certain things to lots. due to how limited a console is to memory and such. if you have 100 bees in your rendering distance you might experience lagg/fps lagg. that also can happen to the console so thats why prob more/lots is not available.

again im not claiming myself as a technican but im well educated.

Archived