Walter & Woby Arrive June 15th!

Woby's design looks almost exactly like a certain dog breed called Barbet which was well known in Portugal, Spain and France, some even claim it to be a french breed but i don't think its confirmed, these types of dogs were hunting dogs despite them having a peaceful and calm nature towards humans and other animals which somewhat fits to Woby's role, he can turn giant and be ridden but doesnt want to fight, probably because he's still a pup but i see more than similarities. Call it a short theory or bunch of nonsense, but i certainly hope the short explains how Walter got Woby.

barbet2-e1505991508438.jpg

3 hours ago, Rhia said:

I apologize if someone has mentioned this already in the replies, but honestly, I see MANY resemblances to the character "Walter" from the old TV show "Lost." Anybody else notice that?

I'm actually watching again this show and MANY things in DST seems to be refering to it (Island, ancient civilisation, stranges places, sceince and magic, survivors...). That's so funny, i watch it with a other eye.

What an interesting character!! Woby is so cute!

Though there are so many small upsides and the downsides don't balance it out near enough, Maybe some pros or cons revolving around Walter's and Woby's relationship? I love character interaction so much and this'll show that they have a real friendship to make a good team. Perhaps the lower his sanity/hp the less accurate/less damage his slingshot will be due to being scared of being hurt or just anxious. Being a boy scout(?) Maybe he has the need to get out to do activities or explore the world, not staying around base or the same area for to long. (maybe even get Woby to help gather or minor faster working speed if he does these actions long enough such as continuous chopping/mining)

The allergic to bees thing is a big deal for Bee Queen or if you're trying to gather honey around spring, what if the damage decreases over time (like poison in shipwreck, but not as bad or progressive) and Walter has some medication; something craft-able to either stop this damage or to cure it. that'll make the sanity loss with loss of hp a little harder to manage.

I know this isn't final but I'm just saying some ideas, either way I can't wait to see his final release!! More characters mean more LORE!! And I love me some DST lore! 

I just hope Klei polishes this character up after it’s released.. You have Woby, a loyal dog companion who follows you around now... Not only is she a dog, but she seems to be of a particular “hunting” dog breed.

Why should this be important to Gameplay? Walter should be able to kill a Koelephant and then give the Trunk to Woby to Sniff, She Will then track down the next Koelephant for Walter, and maybe if hunt tracks don’t lead to a Koelephant.. she can just stand at them barking and whining confused that the creature at the end of those tracks isn’t what she’s been given to sniff out for.

Just feel like it’s going to be a Colossal missed opportunity if you have a dog that follows you everywhere, but it won’t hunt out trails for you.

10 hours ago, Dr. Safety said:

I don't know if Klei is planning on finishing the hallowed nights mob costume collection, and even if they did it would totally rip off of Wolfgang's current skin, but imagine Walter with a Wee Mactusk costume with an ice hound Woby skin.

9 hours ago, Szczuku said:

Or Walter as a Varg and Woby would be a summoned hound.

We need both Varg on hallowed and mac for the feast never have I ever been so excited at skin concepts.

Btw I wonder if Walter will join the extremely exclusive can cook with Willow's lighter club considering his fast cook perk he shares with the only 2 other members Willow and Warly

What seems interesting is that based on the slingshot's special ammo, it seems that it will be used more Defensively or for self defense more then picking fights with it... i kind of wish maybe there were more offensive options for the slingshot allowing it to be a good DPS weapon such as, taunting ammo that perhaps gets the attention of an enemy, that way you could be a good distraction saving your allies without getting too close, or perhaps I mentioned earlier in one post about walter, a firecracker shot that explodes and does multi hit aoe damage on enemies, (kind of similar to the firecrackers in year of the dog or the ones in hamlet!)

30 minutes ago, Miu3 said:

June 15th.... why? Wasnt weekend going to be the best time to release so Everybody can play? Now i have to wait after work to try him...

I mean, the alternative was Thursday, going by several years of Klei's update schedule.

But June 15th is some sort of important date for the Boy Scouts of America or something.

I'm excited. This character seems like a little of everything I like and a new challenge. A new progression through the tech trees. And someone who could make my duo runs with my bf work out a bit smoother. I'm always scouting out most of the top as he handles the below. 

Can we talk about this picture here?

From just a left to right analysis we see-

-Two chairs, One that is smaller and could represent what a lady would sit in and a big recliner that a man would sit in.

-The Voxola Radio in the middle of the cabin and above that two snow shoes and on the floor a bear pelt.

-On the far right we see a wood-stove and a stack of logs with a picture frame turned over.

It is my assumption that this is indeed Woodie and Lucy's cabin before they got sucked into the constant.

My evidence can be 

On 6/10/2020 at 6:54 PM, JoeW said:

Is not afraid of anything, except getting hurt

I believe Walter was dared to go into an old cabin in the woods by other scouts and he of course unafraid of anything and made his way in there to find the abandoned home of Woodie and Lucy, judging by the picture on the ground I think he is going to pick it up and wipe away dust from it to reveal the two. He would presumably make his way to the radio and switch it on and get sucked into the constant.

walterwoby_sc03_000001.thumb.png.4fd2237b86ee83adc80e2d7d7ff762f4.png

13 minutes ago, Mrhashbrown said:

Can we talk about this picture here?

From just a left to right analysis we see-

-Two chairs, One that is smaller and could represent what a lady would sit in and a big recliner that a man would sit in.

-The Voxola Radio in the middle of the cabin and above that two snow shoes and on the floor a bear pelt.

-On the far right we see a wood-stove and a stack of logs with a picture frame turned over.

It is my assumption that this is indeed Woodie and Lucy's cabin before they got sucked into the constant.

My evidence can be 

I believe Walter was dared to go into an old cabin in the woods by other scouts and he of course unafraid of anything and made his way in there to find the abandoned home of Woodie and Lucy, judging by the picture on the ground I think he is going to pick it up and wipe away dust from it to reveal the two. He would presumably make his way to the radio and switch it on and get sucked into the constant.

walterwoby_sc03_000001.thumb.png.4fd2237b86ee83adc80e2d7d7ff762f4.png

and the moose in the cushion makes me think

I only regret how bad this is going to backfire on Klei if it turns out in fact to contain no Woodie lore.

You guys are looking at this cabin as evidence of Woodie and Lucy lore, when in fact it could be the Cabin belonging to Winona that Charlie tells Maxwell they can stay in.

I would LOVE to have lore on either one of them.. but like I said I’m not going to get my hopes up. 2 days and a few short hours till Walters release (Assuming he is not delayed)

Walter whom is designed is imbalance, although he is a spendthrift.

First,his attack range is the furthest of the others of all characters in the DST(Don't Starve Together). Even his slingshot is not powerful.

Second He just is allergic to bees. To guess the mean is bees or bees' what?  Maybe is honey or royal jelly. 

The last he is just afraid to wound, so I can eat petal, the wings of butterfly......and so on. So why am I afraid to wound? I hate to wound. That's all. I believe it that Walter hate to wound because he looks like good, he never faint or disable. As everyone doesn't  feel scare from this things  that Walter is wounded expect newbies.

Archived