Walter & Woby Arrive June 15th!

5 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Actually, my 11 year old cousin is gay.. but that’s got nothing to do with the character Walters Description.. His Description has a lot of Questionable stuff to it that I would like answers to.

He’s allergic to Bees.. but to what extent? I said earlier my little brother is deadly allergic to them, for Walter are they just a extra minor annoyance that ignores armor.. or can they seriously be a threat to him?

Woby being a Storage box that follows you everywhere that can be feed and turned into a larger rideable Beefalo like storage box just sounds OP as Hell.. I mean even if Woby CAN’T be Used as a Battle Mount I’m pretty sure it will still do Other stuff like-

1- Move faster than Walter, which puts heavy focus on Riding Woby while using the Slingshot.

2- Transfer between the surface and caves.

and can probably even do 3- Carry heavy structures like the Marble puzzle pieces, if not it’s still a mount that stores your stuffs.. that’s OP in its own right.

Rounds that slow movement, rounds that make enemies stop attacking you.. I mean honestly Walter sounds incredibly newbie friendly.

I am confused as to why he is FREE though... i thought he was going to be the 4th BNC paid dlc just a week ago.

Eitherway there is only 4 more days of waiting to go.

I imagine he'll be a glass cannon in terms as hp as well and always having a mount is nice.but wouldn't say it's overpowered as wx can out run mounts and still pick things up. The storage thing seems over powered but it's really chester for free which is nice because there's always a war for him on pubs his perks are no doubt good but far from over powered

2 minutes ago, Well-met said:

it should very likely have a DPS, maybe even free default ammo?

Maybe it will be noticed on release, or we'll discover it. Default random ammo would make sense, like flint or stone, and teeth.

16 hours ago, Charesque said:

Interesting. So this is the "glass cannon" character Klei were talking about earlier?

No I don't think so. It seems that his portable tent, Woby, & sanity vulnerability vs. DMG enforces a nomadic & passive lifestyle. I think I will use him for scouting & transporting many stuff after a ruins or lunar run. All of his slingshot ammo even says that he's a flee-r than a fighter. However, it may be risky to get insane.

11 minutes ago, Corazon said:

klei stop giving things for free, i want to give my money to you guys.

Yeah, but they also said they had a batch of new skins coming with Walters release.. and with the Clean Sweeper being a thing- I’m pretty sure those skins that are coming will be for a lot of things that we normally couldn’t have had skins for.

(prays for new Gothic looking Sisturn Skin)

1 minute ago, themightyone said:

Whoa just realized we should be able to ride Woby in the caves , that would be real nice. Is that the case ?

I assume so. Which would make Walter a pretty awesome caves character as long as you bring monster meat for Woby. :wilson_smile:

2 minutes ago, themightyone said:

Whoa just realized we should be able to ride Woby in the caves , that would be real nice. Is that the case ?

and keep stuff inside. I cant hold my hype xd

Just now, Lumberlocke said:

I assume so. Which would make Walter a pretty awesome caves character as long as you bring monster meat for Woby. :wilson_smile:

the caves itself will bring you the monster meat 

Spoiler

latest?cb=20170610183835

I have a huge question. Can we play the character offline like Warly? Will it end up online only like Wortox? Also Why can't we go online and download the data for the 3 dlc characters to use later if we unlock them?

Man I am freaking excited about this character but also a bit bummed out cause it's making my main, Wigfrid, feel a bit underwhelming. Walter has so much utility!! Ranged, chester, mount, travel tent, insane sanity resistances, can heal other people's sanity...

Still, very very very excited about this character

3 minutes ago, Lumberlocke said:

The only problem with that is the caves are usually full of hostile things that want you dead, and Woby is a non-combat mount that bucks the player off & flee’s away from danger.

It sounds like your horse in Red Dead 2... that dang thing is always bucking me off in front of snakes and alligators! .. dumb horse

Just now, Mike23Ua said:

The only problem with that is the caves are usually full of hostile things that want you dead, and Woby is a non-combat mount that bucks the player off & flee’s away from danger.

That reminds me, I know that Woby will be unable to participate in combat like a beefalo, but what about Walter's slingshot? Are we able to shoot pellets from Woby's back? 

2 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

It sounds like your horse in Red Dead 2... that dang thing is always bucking me off in front of snakes and alligators! .. dumb horse

seems like he will act like the pets, fleeing to elude any damage, and also will make you unable to fight with him like you can do with a beefalo (it will be totally imb4 in the other case)

17 hours ago, JoeW said:

Woby only eats monster meat

Instead of feeding our companions and critters disgusting junk can woby have increased hunger from several meat items like normal meat and small morsel? Don't starve together has characters and a world full of creepy and weird stuff but isnt it enough cruel and dumb to feed everything with ugly disgusting food? my opinion..

2 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

seems like he will act like the pets, fleeing to elude any damage, and also will make you unable to fight with him like you can do with a beefalo (it will be totally imb4 in the other case)

I hope he isn’t act like pets... pets are cosmetic only and boring, they can’t die and don’t take damage.

I would like for Woby to be able to die... just like Abigail and Bernie. (no I’m not highly morbid.., I just want you to actually have to pay attention to and protect your companions)

4 minutes ago, emin61 said:

Don't starve together has characters and a world full of creepy and weird stuff but isnt it enough cruel and dumb to feed everything with ugly disgusting food? my opinion..

You could easily say eating meat is kind of cruel in the first place especially meat of innocent creatures :) but I think it’s more so the “monster” part of the meat that transforms Woby. It’s been a theme for monster meat to unlock the “monster” side of things in this game. Just as feeding monster meat to a pig transforms them into a werepig and also Woodie into were-whatever, etc. 

Archived