Walter & Woby Arrive June 15th!

5 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

Idk about you guys but I think that there's definitelly going to be another character added into the game b4 RoT ends.

Walter is a human and free unlike other 3 dlc characters. 

Do you think a "brand new one" will be added, or an existing one from the singleplayer DLCS will be refreshed?

2 hours ago, DavePlaysDST said:

pretty sure thats the house wilson was in

Looks like woodie.

Wilson had his radio in the lab not in the living room 

For me fits that a scout finds a abbandone house in the middle of the forest and get kidnapped by the same portal than woodie

Just now, Charlie Dark said:

I see the "cannot losing sanity" besides getting hurt as a tricky mechanic... Farming nightmare fuel might be tedious, and if he gains sanity from staying near trees (which are basically everywhere around the map) that would make staying insane even harder. I'm also a bit confused, does his perk also mean he cannot lose sanity from any other insanity source? Like wielding dark swords, eating green caps?

Walter: Hit me baby one more time!

Deerclops: What?

Walter: What?

Just now, minespatch said:

Something tells me they'll revamp his abilities once people test him out. Kind of like how Klei listened to players after not liking the Woodie revamp.

Is this irony? I don't get it. I don't remember they revamped Woodie. They gave us WereWoodcutterOptimusPrime2000 and ran away. :grumpy:

This sounds amazing! The only thing I would probably change is that he would get a little bit more damage from nightmare creatures, like 20% so the sanity thing is more problematic, or since armor doesn't protect him from bees, make it so that 50% of damage from a nightmare is not observed with the armor (you allays get 50% from the shadow attack plus the damage that would be reduced by the armor of those remaining 50%) Other than that, great character!

I felt like he is gonna be too easy to play. But if your idea for him is to help new players, then I respect your decision

I was gonna make a post, but not much to say. However, you could have some of my mind. 

When saying about scout, I can think of Scout knotting, morse code, scavenging. There is a lot of potential to be explored rather than having allergic to bees.I just feel this character might not be a well balanced character for most old time players. 

- Morse code is a difficult language, used for communication. Items crafting: a.) A telecommunication tower works like flare, position reveal gem? Shows where the monster are? (Imagine this can help so much with finding crabking and Malbatross.) However, Walter will requires longer use on it and his hunger will drain, or he will stuck there for a long while. (means not encouraged to use it for seasonal bosses. The building can be burned, destroyed.

b.)Or maybe a book? That used to train Woby, make her big with the book instead of monster meat. Morse book can only be read by him and Wilson. It's too hard for Wicker, wurt, or Maxwell to read. 

- Rope could be already known by him when he enters the constant. Crafting that requires rope is less. All his new crafting needs rope. How about that? You can even make the hanging meat campfire(not sure how to say that) as the better way for the campfire story method. 

- Scavenging is his specialty, so maybe if he didn't go out too often for scavenging, he lost sanity. Or, after a long while of not scavenging, doing so will regain sanity. It makes more sense than getting sanity under trees. Woby when hungry will get whiny, and that lowers Walter's sanity. He will keep remember to feed her.(cause you cant even abandoned the dog!)

Just saying, all these are my opinion, I am no game developer. However as an animator, I still know there is a lot of research to do. Hope you guys did a great job, Klei developers. 

2 minutes ago, Derphyy_alone said:

I felt like he is gonna be too easy to play. But if your idea for him is to help new players, then I respect your decision

I was gonna make a post, but not much to say. However, you could have some of my mind. 

When saying about scout, I can think of Scout knotting, morse code, scavenging. There is a lot of potential to be explored rather than having allergic to bees.I just feel this character might not be a well balanced character for most old time players. 

- Morse code is a difficult language, used for communication. Items crafting: a.) A telecommunication tower works like flare, position reveal gem? Shows where the monster are? (Imagine this can help so much with finding crabking and Malbatross.) However, Walter will requires longer use on it and his hunger will drain, or he will stuck there for a long while. (means not encouraged to use it for seasonal bosses. The building can be burned, destroyed.

b.)Or maybe a book? That used to train Woby, make her big with the book instead of monster meat. Morse book can only be read by him and Wilson. It's too hard for Wicker, wurt, or Maxwell to read. 

- Rope could be already known by him when he enters the constant. Crafting that requires rope is less. All his new crafting needs rope. How about that? You can even make the hanging meat campfire(not sure how to say that) as the better way for the campfire story method. 

- Scavenging is his specialty, so maybe if he didn't go out too often for scavenging, he lost sanity. Or, after a long while of not scavenging, doing so will regain sanity. It makes more sense than getting sanity under trees. Woby when hungry will get whiny, and that lowers Walter's sanity. He will keep remember to feed her.(cause you cant even abandoned the dog!)

Just saying, all these are my opinion, I am no game developer. However as an animator, I still know there is a lot of research to do. Hope you guys did a great job, Klei developers. 

we probably should just wait to try it out live before assuming things.

12 hours ago, JoeW said:

Big Woby can be ridden by Walter (like a domesticated beefalo)

I'm assuming this means he can have a mount even in the caves. Something that can't be done with anyone else using beefalo for a mount. It would be great if there was an upcoming patch to give some quality of life changes to beefalo mounting. It's incredibly tedious, and you're penalized for entering the cave because your beefalo's domestication will drop quickly unless you use a salt lick. Even then, I would rather bring my beefalo into the cave so i can tame it and also explore the cave at the same time.

dont you guys over reacting ? 

his perks would be better such as fishing faster cant use crock pot ( because he is kid) only cooks on campfire

it would be good downside and it changes the gameplay a lot also in my opinion loosing sanity is not a big deal.

A sailor character would be fun to play

in my opinion characters fun to play when they have big downisde and upside

Well, he's just another OP hero with no actual downsides.

Aw, he loses sanity while his health is below 100%? What a coincidence that he have a portable tent to heal himself, plus, losing sanity in this game is not even a bad thing. He have an allergic to bees? Oof. I bet watching Bee movie is a litteral hell for him. Poor boi. :wilson_cry:

8743e03ea7b39499a84a35ab620a25a96ae7d4cf

6 hours ago, BeeClops said:

i doubt he will be unkillable, but indeed sounds like a nice advantage :)

I doubt that he WILL be killable? You think Klei would kill off a little boy's pet puppy? Cause I don't think so

I'm gonna give Walter 3 and a half carrots out of 5, he seems like a really cool character to play but i feel like he needs some real downsides, and obviously we'll have to wait until he actually comes out to figure how good he actually is.

He seems like a amazing character with a good focus on support. From what I'm guessing he's going to be using the pop pellets to save teammates from dangerous situations, provide cover fire, be a mobile sanity station and be the main early game base builder due to his instant mobile storage.

On a side note it's interesting that his bee downside and sanity perk makes fighting slightly less worth it since he'll take much more damage while also likely having low hp and since he doesn't get negative sanity auras the crown loses its man use.

4 hours ago, Charlie Dark said:

I see the "cannot losing sanity" besides getting hurt as a tricky mechanic... Farming nightmare fuel might be tedious, and if he gains sanity from staying near trees (which are basically everywhere around the map) that would make staying insane even harder. I'm also a bit confused, does his perk also mean he cannot lose sanity from any other insanity source? Like wielding dark swords, eating green caps?

Not being at 100% health makes him loose sanity. So you have the answer. How will it be balanced with the gain around trees, I don't know.

Archived