Walter & Woby Arrive June 15th!

7 hours ago, JoeW said:
  • Has a slingshot 
  • Attacks from the slingshot will not draw aggro if the target is fighting something else
  • Special Slingshot ammo
    • Freeze (similar to the ice staff)
    • Slow-Down Rounds (reduces the target’s movement speed)
    • Poop Pellets (causes the target to stop attacking you)
    • Cursed Rounds (spawns shadow tentacles)

Wheeler's reaction:

Hamlet_Final_Launch_Trailer_Wheeler.thumb.png.400a2c2ad192307b6dd4e643a97b5308.png

39 minutes ago, minespatch said:

He's a child. Please don't.

Actually, my 11 year old cousin is gay.. but that’s got nothing to do with the character Walters Description.. His Description has a lot of Questionable stuff to it that I would like answers to.

He’s allergic to Bees.. but to what extent? I said earlier my little brother is deadly allergic to them, for Walter are they just a extra minor annoyance that ignores armor.. or can they seriously be a threat to him?

Woby being a Storage box that follows you everywhere that can be feed and turned into a larger rideable Beefalo like storage box just sounds OP as Hell.. I mean even if Woby CAN’T be Used as a Battle Mount I’m pretty sure it will still do Other stuff like-

1- Move faster than Walter, which puts heavy focus on Riding Woby while using the Slingshot.

2- Transfer between the surface and caves.

and can probably even do 3- Carry heavy structures like the Marble puzzle pieces, if not it’s still a mount that stores your stuffs.. that’s OP in its own right.

Rounds that slow movement, rounds that make enemies stop attacking you.. I mean honestly Walter sounds incredibly newbie friendly.

I am confused as to why he is FREE though... i thought he was going to be the 4th BNC paid dlc just a week ago.

Eitherway there is only 4 more days of waiting to go.

8 hours ago, minespatch said:

I'm hoping that too. The snowshoes at the top remind me of Woody's Team Player skin.

The lacrosse sticks (if they ARE lacrosse sticks) are a giveaway too, and the abandonedness of the cabin makes me think the short might happen after Woodie is taken

He looks great, finally a survivalist character! Probably will became one of my fav character.

BUT

He look like very powerful for a character, specially for a kid. If you ask me, using poop in slingshot is cool but cursed, froze and slow down stuffs are kinda strange. He is not a wizard. Also they didn't said anything about shoting stones and I hope they let us using stones on it.

Probably this character's sanity will be challenging but still looks like very powerful.

The character's features sound very... noted down? I understand he's not realised yet and you did mention that there will be changes which I'm happy and hope you can listen to the criticisim people are providing.

First, the mechanic just sounds like adding tiny little things to make up for some sort of a gap? like that fact he is allergic to bees; he cooks things faster over fire or restoring sanity near enough trees are just so small to make up for something. He does give out a 'workshop' feel.

Second, the getting hurt mechanic and losing sanity is very nice I love this is idea sounds very unique and sort of creepy which if what I always loved to see. However, this is quickly destroyed for me when it was mentioned that he doesn't lose sanity BESIDES getting hurt. Sanity in DST seems like it's getting more and more mellowed down.

Third, Woby... I hope not to make annoying noises when hungry, critters can be very annoying due to this feature. Portable Chester sounds nice in theory but I think I shall wait and see for this one.

But remember that is just my opinion and what I see as mild flaws. I'm happy we're getting another human character.

However besides that, I'm looking towards this character, hopefully, the quotes and his personality are awesome, I'm willing to give him a shot. The fact that you are giving out 450 spools is also awesome, good on you Klei.

3 minutes ago, Slagger said:

He look like very powerful for a character, specially for a kid. If you ask me, using poop in slingshot is cool but cursed, froze and slow down stuffs are kinda strange. He is not a wizard. Also they didn't said anything about shoting stones and I hope they let us using stones on it.

Something tells me they'll revamp his abilities once people test him out. Kind of like how Klei listened to players after not liking the Woodie revamp.

I see the "cannot losing sanity" besides getting hurt as a tricky mechanic... Farming nightmare fuel might be tedious, and if he gains sanity from staying near trees (which are basically everywhere around the map) that would make staying insane even harder. I'm also a bit confused, does his perk also mean he cannot lose sanity from any other insanity source? Like wielding dark swords, eating green caps?

20 minutes ago, Charlie Dark said:

I'm also a bit confused, does his perk also mean he cannot lose sanity from any other insanity source? Like wielding dark swords, eating green caps?

I pretty sure it would only effect outside insanity auras, but willingly allowing insanity would be unhalted. I feel this is suppose to represent how some 10 years olds think their invincible and so this idea would naturally have the attitude of no f***s given. I feel he loses sanity when hurt because this facade is temporarly challenged by his wounds. Hard to think you are invincible when you are actively hurting. Imo, I feel the best route would be to have a sanity drain equivalent to how much he is hurting, so a little would be barely noticable while near death could be severly draining, thus incentivicing range or getting gud with kiting. 

3 minutes ago, Frashaw27 said:

I pretty sure it would only effect outside insanity auras, but willingly allowing insanity would be unhalted. I feel this is suppose to represent how some 10 years olds think their invincible and so this idea would naturally have the attitude of no f***s given. I feel he loses sanity when hurt because this facade is temporarly challenged by his wounds. Hard to think you are invincible when you are actively hurting. Imo, I feel the best route would be to have a sanity drain equivalent to how much he is hurting, so a little would be barely noticable while near death could be severly draining, thus incentivicing range or getting gud with kiting. 

Or like night armor works. A % of damage goes to insanity too so 1 hit from a spider isnt a big deal but deerclops will drop your sanity in 1 hit

4 minutes ago, Rinkusan said:

Wait, seriously? Could you tell me how you know?

I doubt that, it's probably just a blind guess. From what i remember the house wilson was in focused on second floor, but we cannot deny the possibility. The shot shows inside of the house so only animated short will tell who it belongs to, but i feel like @Lumberlockes speculations made it more sensible and interesting.

4 minutes ago, bruhmoment23 said:

I doubt that, it's probably just a blind guess. From what i remember the house wilson was in focused on second floor, but we cannot deny the possibility. The shot shows inside of the house so only animated short will tell who it belongs to, but i feel like @Lumberlockes speculations made it more sensible and interesting.

I'm skeptical of this being related to Woodie partially because of JoeW's joking response on page 2, but also because I feel like this screenshot is the PERFECT red herring.

Anyone at first sight would've assumed from the moose imagery that this is Woodie's cabin "because he's Canadian". And certainly, the webs littered all over the place suggest that this cabin has been abandoned for a while, which supports this hypothesis. But notice the thing in the middle of the screenshot: it's a Voxola PR-76 radio. This radio was only manufactured in 1919 a few days before the factory fire that we see in Winona's Next of Kin short. Here's the kicker though; it's heavily implied from the exact same short that Woodie at this point has ALREADY been dragged into the Constant because of his missing poster that can be found on Winona's link-analysis board right above the picture of the factory.

What I'm trying to get here is this: how could this abandoned log cabin and - by proxy - the Voxola PR-76 radio be Woodie's if the radio was manufactured well after Woodie was dragged into the Constant?

The only other "cabin in Canada" that we know for sure exists is Charlie and Winona's family cabin in British Columbia, which Charlie mentions in her letter to Maxwell in the 8th William Carter puzzle. 

Archived