What do you expect/hope the 2020 roadmap to be like

Oh this again? Well, I'll be placing my fake 2020 Roadmap below then. But basically what I expect is the announcement of the next rework character and the next batch of Return of Them, perhaps some apology that they couldn't keep up with the "one character rework every month" pace but that they are committed to great reworks coming this year. Also a word on the 4th DLC character would be great, whether it'll just be that new 4th character or they plan to put it in a new batch of DLC characters if the first three were received well. I expect them to also explain that they'll be continuing the Twitch Drops.

Personally what I'd dream of is the addition of Walani as a Rework too, and to a lesser extent, Warbucks and Wilbur as DLC characters.

Spoiler

Roadmap Anouncement for 2020

Welcome to the next decade everyone! It has been a stellar year for Don't Starve Together and we have no plans of stopping the momentum of new content this year.

First off, you can expect the character reworks to keep on coming all throughout 2020 and you may be excited to see some familiar faces that haven't found the chance to starve together with our survivors yet. We're pleased to anounce Wendy as our next rework character and you can expect her rework to arrive on early March. Prepare yourselves for some heartbreaking story reveal for what has transpired in the life of our young but melodramatic survivor and her sister before stepping into the constant.

20200102_054302.jpg.64b06b60871ad8e960b870558362af49.jpg

As for the Return of Them lineup of updates, we'll be continuing to periodically add in new content brought to you thanks to the moon and 'them'. Like the past updates, we'll first release open beta branches for our PC players, who we thank for their continuous support and contributions through beta testing and feedback. After some time in beta testing for finalization, we'll release them across all our platforms along with a cinematic. We haven't forgotten our wonderful console players either so this year they may expect a little exclusive update to the shop in order to make the transactions less tedious for them.

We finally plan to return working on our rewards system that we introduced in 2019. We sincerely apologize for having to neglect it for so long due to various misfortunes at our studios. This year you may expect some previously available items to return and fill the shelves of our rewards page. We'll keep you updated on that.

We're pleased to announce that the DLC characters we added to the game last year brought great feedback and support to our game. This year around we plan to release three more of these characters. As usual, you'll be able to purchase them in the in-game store either by themselves or alongside the skin packs we'll be releasing with them or you can weave them with your spools. You might be excited to hear that a familiar banana loving troublemaker from our single player Don't Starve game will be amongst the newcomers.

After a wonderfully chilly Winter's Feast, what's better to celebrate the arrival of 2020 with our annual Chinese New Year event. This year it is the Year of the Carrat so expect the spotlight to be on our little leafy friends from the lunar island. Our team worked really hard on bringing new content for the event so we hope you'll enjoy it, which we'll be releasing in a couple of weeks. Similar to last year's Year of the Pig King event, we plan to implement some of the exclusive content in this years event to the whole year as a permanent addition so after the event, you can keep an eye out for it. As our little annual tradition, we'll also be rewarding a loyal skin and the swoon emoticon for all our players who log in to their game around the Valentines day this year. Remember to spread the love.

The Twitch stream skin drops will also be continuing this year and after a brief seasonal break, the crystalline collection is making a comeback more crystallized than ever. It's the last week to get the Klaus Cap items from streams and next week Glass Eyebrella items will replace them as our new Twitch drops. For more information on how to obtain them, be sure to check out our new drop announcement thread.

playerportrait_bg_eyebrellahatcrystal.png.e3b84c73f995fb62e7016e1cfaf48ef5.png.d42d7efde91545bf5271f28be7bab525.png

We are really excited for 2020 and what it will bring to our survivors. As the lovely community of our game, you have our utmost gratitude for supporting us in this journey. We hope you'll share the same sentiments we felt expanding the content with love and care. Above all else, keep enjoying what you do best and never forget to keep on don't starving. Together.

1 hour ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Oh this again? Well, I'll be placing my fake 2020 Roadmap below then. But basically what I expect is the announcement of the next rework character and the next batch of Return of Them, perhaps some apology that they couldn't keep up with the "one character rework every month" pace but that they are committed to great reworks coming this year. Also a word on the 4th DLC character would be great, whether it'll just be that new 4th character or they plan to put it in a new batch of DLC characters if the first three were received well. I expect them to also explain that they'll be continuing the Twitch Drops.

Personally what I'd dream of is the addition of Walani as a Rework too, and to a lesser extent, Warbucks and Wilbur as DLC characters.

Reveal hidden contents

Roadmap Anouncement for 2020

Welcome to the next decade everyone! It has been a stellar year for Don't Starve Together and we have no plans of stopping the momentum of new content this year.

First off, you can expect the character reworks to keep on coming all throughout 2020 and you may be excited to see some familiar faces that haven't found the chance to starve together with our survivors yet. We're pleased to anounce Wendy as our next rework character and you can expect her rework to arrive on early March. Prepare yourselves for some heartbreaking story reveal for what has transpired in the life of our young but melodramatic survivor and her sister before stepping into the constant.

20200102_054302.jpg.64b06b60871ad8e960b870558362af49.jpg

As for the Return of Them lineup of updates, we'll be continuing to periodically add in new content brought to you thanks to the moon and 'them'. Like the past updates, we'll first release open beta branches for our PC players, who we thank for their continuous support and contributions through beta testing and feedback. After some time in beta testing for finalization, we'll release them across all our platforms along with a cinematic. We haven't forgotten our wonderful console players either so this year they may expect a little exclusive update to the shop in order to make the transactions less tedious for them.

We finally plan to return working on our rewards system that we introduced in 2019. We sincerely apologize for having to neglect it for so long due to various misfortunes at our studios. This year you may expect some previously available items to return and fill the shelves of our rewards page. We'll keep you updated on that.

We're pleased to announce that the DLC characters we added to the game last year brought great feedback and support to our game. This year around we plan to release three more of these characters. As usual, you'll be able to purchase them in the in-game store either by themselves or alongside the skin packs we'll be releasing with them or you can weave them with your spools. You might be excited to hear that a familiar banana loving troublemaker from our single player Don't Starve game will be amongst the newcomers.

After a wonderfully chilly Winter's Feast, what's better to celebrate the arrival of 2020 with our annual Chinese New Year event. This year it is the Year of the Carrat so expect the spotlight to be on our little leafy friends from the lunar island. Our team worked really hard on bringing new content for the event so we hope you'll enjoy it, which we'll be releasing in a couple of weeks. Similar to last year's Year of the Pig King event, we plan to implement some of the exclusive content in this years event to the whole year as a permanent addition so after the event, you can keep an eye out for it. As our little annual tradition, we'll also be rewarding a loyal skin and the swoon emoticon for all our players who log in to their game around the Valentines day this year. Remember to spread the love.

The Twitch stream skin drops will also be continuing this year and after a brief seasonal break, the crystalline collection is making a comeback more crystallized than ever. It's the last week to get the Klaus Cap items from streams and next week Glass Eyebrella items will replace them as our new Twitch drops. For more information on how to obtain them, be sure to check out our new drop announcement thread.

playerportrait_bg_eyebrellahatcrystal.png.e3b84c73f995fb62e7016e1cfaf48ef5.png.d42d7efde91545bf5271f28be7bab525.png

We are really excited for 2020 and what it will bring to our survivors. As the lovely community of our game, you have our utmost gratitude for supporting us in this journey. We hope you'll share the same sentiments we felt expanding the content with love and care. Above all else, keep enjoying what you do best and never forget to keep on don't starving. Together.

Oh yeah, I forgot that Walani has a slight possibility of joining DST, with all the seafaring themes going on right now.

:)

18 minutes ago, RogueGamer12 said:

Upcoming content tease, who we're going to see who gets reworked next, hint towards a new character, and the devs finally saying we'll never see Walani in the game.

Also anyone remember the devs hinting towards the portal being used for something?

With that ominous picture of the Gateway a long time ago, and I remember a Developer on discord saying that they'd like to explore it in future updates. I think we'll definetly be getting something extra with the Gateway in the future...

I know this isn't content intensive, but me and my fellow server hosters have two hopes.

1. 64 bit

2. Improve the game engine to allow hyperthreading.

Honestly, this would help a lot with server lag and allow us to host more than a Max of 20 players per sever (currently 18 reliably). It's going to be needed at some point if the content continues to expand. The more world objects there the harder it gets for the game engine to keep track of everything.

I am sure they will release a roadmap after finishing RoT. I considered the roadmap as an update chain, meaning the roadmap refers what will be added in the update series and not the year. Maybe Klei has so much exciting ideas it take some time. The ocean is actually filled with content now, After some finetuning they may focus on the moon island again. It would be sad if Klei put their power on the next content series after RoT and neglect the current content.

Bigger ocean, more dangerous islands, greater weapons and armors, stronger monsters and bosses. Simply told, more endgame stuff. I think the game has enough content for new players.

14 hours ago, X-lem said:

I know this isn't content intensive, but me and my fellow server hosters have two hopes.

1. 64 bit

2. Improve the game engine to allow hyperthreading.

Honestly, this would help a lot with server lag and allow us to host more than a Max of 20 players per sever (currently 18 reliably). It's going to be needed at some point if the content continues to expand. The more world objects there the harder it gets for the game engine to keep track of everything.

Totally agree. The game is not optimized for bigger servers.

On 24.01.2020 at 9:40 PM, Rhobious_Aran said:

But its still such a shame, it feels so unfinished, like work under construction.

Well that's because… it is. It's unfinished. RoT is still under developement and we're sure to see more content be added

5 hours ago, Slagger said:

GOD WHERE IS THE ROADMAP.

I believe they alluded to it being released AFTER the chinese new year event? Hmm give me a sec let me find the quote: 

On to the next thing! We'll have more information on what we're working on in the weeks following the Year of the Carrat event.

Doesn't exactly specify that it's the roadmap but I think the closest time we'll get the roadmap is at the end of Year of The Carrat.

Closest official anouncement is likely to come in two Tursdays though, on Februay 13, celebrating valentines, the new heart skin and the swoon emoji to those who dont own it. Probably roadmap will come some Tursdays after that.

2020 Roadmap will include Wendy and Walani Rework.

More fun in-game Mini-Games like the pig King stuff and Trade Inn Mini-Games.

More skins for pretty much EVERYTHING, Like Metal Gothic looking fence from the Gorge event.

Speaking Of the Gorge and Forge.. They will announce that those events will be added to the Events Calendar, so that even when it’s NOT the time of year for those seasons just like me and my always Hallowed Nights server you can still host them.

An announcement of more of what’s to come in the Return Of Them Updates chain, with new biomes, new enemy mobs, more places to explore and lots more gameplay content, eventually Ending with the inevitable reveal of Who or What “Them” is.

What I expect:
- Wendy rework;
- Return of Gorge.

What I hope would be in the roadmap:
- A new raid boss... that I will solo anyway because none of my friends would play with me...;
- "Holy Trinity" nerfs reworks;
- A more approachable way to setup and maintain dedicated servers;

On 1/29/2020 at 4:29 PM, Szczuku said:

Well that's because… it is. It's unfinished. RoT is still under developement and we're sure to see more content be added

Yeah sure, I formulated that a bit unfortunate.

Though I'd very much prefer them to not put so much effort into the seasonal events and focus more on the actual RoT content.

13 hours ago, Axelocke said:

Just make the "Holy Trinity" characters fun with their refreshes. For me personally they are the upmost boring characters to play, and offer game breaking perks for the cost of no downsides. :o

Who are the holy trinity? 

Wickerbottom, Wolfgang and WX?

I am bit split on the ability to switch characters with the upgraded florid postern. It sure is nice to be able to switch, but always switching to Wolfgang, Winona or Wickerbottom for any Boss or things like shortly taking Maxwell to annihilate a forest seems really stupid to me. They might as well give every character everything when it doesn't matter what choice you make anyway.

I haven't used it yet ever, I'd just feel cheap going for Wolfgang for a kill on Fuelweaver or Toadstool every time.

On 1/25/2020 at 1:48 PM, Mike23Ua said:

Who says we are stuck anywhere?? This game is weird... really really weird.

Lore Wise and Gameplay Wise.

Lore Wise the final boss you need to fight (the Ancient FuelWeaver) is protecting some portal that takes you to The Forge.. a Tournament where you fight against the Pig Kings champion competitors in this Magma/Volcanic Biome..

And Upon Beating Them.. opens up ANOTHER Portal to The Gorge, A Biome with actual street lamps, City streets, Sugarwood Trees, And Horse Wagons?? The Gorge is pretty much just a Cooking Mini-Game in the same style as the game (Overcooked) where you cook up food dishes to appease the Great Gnaw.

So honestly I’m confused as to why the Ancient FuelWeaver is so overly protective over such seemingly useless portals.

But having said that- Portals.... that’s the answer to everything.. they can add new biomes and breath fresh life into this game because Portals don’t have to make sense.

Do you not know what came through that portal? That's what killed the Ancients. The Torch Weilder pushed it back into the portal and destroyed it. If the ancients couldn't defeat what came through I know sure as JoeW we can't. 

Also when you say "Harmless" that is I guess true with the Forge, but the Gorge? No sir. That IS dangerous. If it traveled to the Constant we'd be Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu JoeW'd...........

5 hours ago, bradk_1749 said:

Bring back the Gorge PLEASE!

Tbh i won't be surprised if they bring the gorge back, the amount of players is much more greater than how it was in 2018 i'm pretty sure. Though the chances are quite slim, due to devs most likely focusing on the last character we meant to get this year and hopefully stuff to do at the luner islands that make it worth travelling there.

What I would love to see:

- Fuelweaver second dimension

- Fixing boats, and adding incentives for boats (for instance, I want rowing to be auto click, faster manneuver, easier juggling, higher speed, a light in front of sails to see in front of you, etc.)

- Char reworks

- Lunar boss

Archived