I bounce around to whatever's new or needed at the time, but If I've got nothing character specific on the agenda I fancy myself a Warly main. I really enjoy using his unique recipes and his potential is insane with the right infrastructure. The moment to moment gameplay for Warly is the most fun for me currently. 

I'm a Maxwell main for the simple reason that he's a very well designed character with a downside that makes him harder to play as,his shadow puppets are pretty useful too,making boring tasks in the game way faster and efficient,and his shadow duelists are pretty fun to use.

But i also play WX-78,Wigfrid,Willow and Wurt.

WX-78 is cool,but honestly his only useful upside is the system overload,stats don't really matter that much and you don't need healing for scienceless ruins rushing.

Wigfrid has a pretty low maximum pontential,but i use her mostly for some random pub server fun.

Willow because Ashley is rad af,also because she's actually a pretty good character for scienceless ruins rushing and being immune to fire is a little nice thing to have.

Wurt.....uuhhh....eh... i like merms,yeah.

I always disliked Wilson,i prefer characters with actual fun abilities.

Woodie! Just fell for his personality when I first started playing. Find his forms extremely useful too, it's satisfying to tear through hundreds of trees as a beaver, especially with honey spice, goose is great for early mapping, and it's fun to beat stuff up as a giant ass moose.

Am I tripping, or did we have this exact thread a month or 2 ago? Regardless, I guess I'll just re-iterate what I said before.

After a long while of not having a main (I used to main Woodie, but I don't really like generalist roles in games, which is what Woodie became in his rework) I found a main that was a surprise to me; SCP-049, my own mod. Call me egotistical, but I know what I like, I suppose.

It's super weird, because before then I was the type of person to be super against using mods, but now I'm slowly opening up to it. One fateful day, @GetNerfedOn invited me to start a DST run with them using our "signature" characters (SCP-049 and Rosalina). We are currently 300+ days in that world, and I enjoyed being 049 for every day of it (except for 5 days where I switched to Wendy to make a failed sanity station)

You'd think SCP-049's inherently slower movement speed (somewhere around 72%?) would make it unplayable, but no. I just needed to get creative with how I handle fights. Granted, 049 has a lethal touch, but that isn't too helpful when you can get stunlocked into a group of spiders and instantly die after *one* bite.

I like Wilson's personality but I play him all the time on private servers so on public servers I'm usually Wortox, Wormwood, or Maxwell. I like the soul collecting and shadow puppet mechanics, they all have a lot of fun and interesting quotes, and Wormwood's items are really good. I play Wolfgang a lot on private servers as well, and Warly in singleplayer, but I just can't deal with not knowing where my next meal is coming from in the lawless abandon of a public server going through its first winter when I'm playing a character with extra dietary demands.

I know I just said I was a Wortox main, but his dietary eccentricities mainly translate into sanity management problems instead of either having to eat everything in sight (Wolfgang, Wes, Warly) or having food everywhere and not being able to eat it (Wigfrid, Wurt, Warly again).

I main Wes and Willow.

Wes because everyone's perks kinda change how you play the game.  Wes is like the default.  Even Wilson has a beard.  Plus he wasn't an easy unlock in DS, and I think some of the pride of even having Wes that I had in DS comes to DST when I play him.

Willow because I like girls who wanna watch the world burn.  Also teddy bears <3

I main 4 characters, Webber (more than others, playing as him the most), Wendy(just like her), Willow(was actually the first character i ever played as in ds) and Wilson(i like that he has nothing crazy with him). I Like them thanks to their personality, their are fun to play too.

1 hour ago, Shosuko said:

I main Wes and Willow.

Wes because everyone's perks kinda change how you play the game.  Wes is like the default.  Even Wilson has a beard.  Plus he wasn't an easy unlock in DS, and I think some of the pride of even having Wes that I had in DS comes to DST when I play him.

Willow because I like girls who wanna watch the world burn.  Also teddy bears <3

Yeah, Wes is kind of a vanilla guy if that's what you're going for. He has no perks and feels like the default guy of Don't Starve, even if he isn't.

Archived