I use Wigfrid mostly because she is.... Well really easy to play....

Wigfrid play style is super easy to learn, but hard to master. It is a super easy character for intermediate people. I used to use Webber until I tried Wigfrid, and then I realized holy JoeW this is easy. So yeah.... I use her because she is easy, and she can help the team with food/armor quite a bit

I main Webber because when I try to play anyone else I die right away, and I like their personality(you just can't resist all that floof)... actually I think they are the reason I got the game:wilson_curious:(and yet I am scared of spiders in real life). I also like wilson to though because he's normal.

I shuffle between Wilson,  Wortox and Warly, switching depending on synergy. I love Wilson's design, voice and quotes. I love wortox's voice, soul mechanics and design too. I like Warly's playstyle and all of his design too (perhaps his nose is too big, but that's a nitpick)

I main Wickerbottom because I have an unhealthy obsession with rushing the dragonfly before Winter, and with this character, it is absolutely impossible for anyone to sabotage my rush thanks to Sleepytime Stories.

Feeding my teammates and killing bee queen without touching her is nice too, I guess. 

If I am along- Wickerbottom because I like getting a leg up on building things. Winona was my main in groups- I like being able to repair my hats and things. To be fair since the big update I have been exploring others.

Wormwood is a great change, I love being able to plant food wherever and whenever. 
Wortox is a challenge at times but I do love being able to teleport across water gaps to the other land masses. I dislike how aggressive pigs are towards me- wahhhh I just want gold from your king. 

I tend to play very casually, I dont really take it seriously and make it hard to survive- I just like hanging out with my friends in the world collecting things. 

Ooohh boy, I for sure know that I can't decide when it comes to mains so here we go:

I mainly play Webber because he was actually the first character I've ever played a few years back, and started playing him again one day. There's also very few Webber players I know of so far that actually know how to do their jobs (like farming silk, glands, etc.) and I like being one of them.

For Wormwood, his animated short actually made me love this plant man a lot, and his perks are pretty neat !  I usually play him when I'm not in much of a fighting / combat mood and just wanna sit back n support the team. Plus, he makes me feel useful for once lol

I also play Wigfrid sometimes b/c I LOVE fighting mobs n bosses !!  And I like playing tank in a lot of other games so she's a good choice for me !

And last but not least, Wes because he's not that hard to play (for me at least) and I like spamming the "examine" action with him B)

Willow, I mained her in DS because I loved the her whole concept, her character design, color scheme, playstyle, everything! Also her infinite durability lighter always made me feel so safe, secure, and comfortable, and something about fire immunity was so cool to me, and I found her really fun to play.

All of those reasons still apply to why I main her in DST (Besides the infinite durability lighter) aswell as the fact that these days, I'm always kinda afraid to play anyone else anymore, (I don't even play WX-78 anymore, even though I also kinda mained him too) everytime I start a new world and try to choose a character they all get slowly check off the list for various reasons and I always end back at Willow, but honestly, I'm fine with that.

P.S. Sorry for writing as though someone actually cares.

Wickerbottom and WX

Wickerbottom is my main character just because she's so versatile and able to solo any boss without needing excessive items like Wolfgang who needs pan flute for bee queen, yes you can deconstruct it but just isn't worth it when you compare it how much resources you use as Wicker and how much it is required for Wolfgang, its a different story if you have a teammate but i often end up soloing bosses.

Also lets not forget how much more Wickerbottom is outside of her boss fighting potential, i hate gathering basic resources as once you have over 1000 hours on DST alone, considering i had more hours on DS and played it for much longer before DST was released..

It just is so nice to be able to get full stack of grass and twigs so quickly, you just use the book and you're set for so long with one use of it, if you actually decide to use a full book and you have a big field.. Well you're set for a long time. 

Don't forget you can farm feathers and krampus sack at the same time.

Plus there's lichen and she's the only character in the game that can actually make farming it worthwhile with bundling wrap, its the second best food source in the game alongside honey taking the first spot, well this is arguable but i still think honey is better just requires more resources to set up while lichen is easier to do early on.

A little about WX, he's also a great character but requires time to get it going as you need gears to get his hp to the max, which you often don't need to do and just eat gears in specific situations when it is critical and you are about to die, you'll rake up max hp soon enough if you are fighting dragonfly and have enough gears.

I don't know why but even though i like versatile characters a lot, i really enjoy him because of his tankiness and his stats are just ridiculously high so that you can manage sanity/hunger/health much easier while when he is charged he is so strong, he is 10x more fun when you are playing with a wickerbottom as you can be charged as much as you want. Its so great for exploring caves when you are charged and have a walking cane, you breeze though it.

I main wickerbottom because she's an all-rounder who can gather tons of resources, help friends in need and use tentacles to kill bosses, and i also learn the most information of the Constant from her.

Out of vanilla my true waifu main is the Rosalina mod, who is basically a nerfed wicker anyhow

I'm a Wendy main for the simple reason that she's a very well designed character with a downside that makes her much more interesting to play as her sister can help you in various tasks such as murdering group of small critters and defending you from all harms, but you must also help her in anyway to keep her "alive" as her tendencies to rush ahead would be her demise, creating a strong bond between one and another, which no other character can achieve.

But I did play random characters until I was accused of burning as Wes.

I always disliked Wolfgang, WX-78, and Wickerbottom, as I prefer characters with actual fun playstyles.

On 12/10/2019 at 5:11 AM, GetRektKids said:

I use Wigfrid mostly because she is.... Well really easy to play....

Wigfrid play style is super easy to learn, but hard to master. It is a super easy character for intermediate people. I used to use Webber until I tried Wigfrid, and then I realized holy JoeW this is easy. So yeah.... I use her because she is easy, and she can help the team with food/armor quite a bit

As an ex-Wigfrid main, I agree to the point where I would argue that Wigfrid is the single easiest character for all types of players, beginner or intermediate. As long as you don't fall into the trap of thinking that monster meat is protein-cyanide, Wigfrid is extremely easy to manage with respect to hunger, and her combat bonuses make fighting less punishing for new players. 

7 minutes ago, Rinkusan said:

As an ex-Wigfrid main, I agree to the point where I would argue that Wigfrid is the single easiest character for all types of players, beginner or intermediate. As long as you don't fall into the trap of thinking that monster meat is protein-cyanide, Wigfrid is extremely easy to manage with respect to hunger, and her combat bonuses make fighting less punishing for new players. 

Extremely true. 

Not straight-up beginner beginners, because they have like no idea how to get meat. Mostly starter to intermediate.

But yes she is SUPER easy to play, and learn. I would say she is the easiest to play alone, but hard with a group of 5 or more. When it gets to that everybody is eating ALL the food you are collecting. So yeah, she is a super easy solo character and just fun to play as her. (In my opinion)

14 hours ago, Xedlord said:

P.S. Sorry for writing as though someone actually cares.

I care ;D 

I hope you have a wonderous day!

I play Wolfgang because he and I share a love of weightlifting and since my wife and I duo he makes bee queen and dragonfly less of a chore to fight.

I also love his cheerful nature and that as Wolfgang you usually solve problems via generous application of hambat.

Is hungry?  Use hambat for meat.

Is danger?  Use hambat and prove who is mightiest!

Is crazy? Use hambat on shadows.

I dip around a handful of characters. Started playing as Webber, moved on to Wigfrid (I consider her my main) and occasionally play as Wickerbottom, Winona, Maxwell and recently loving my boi Wormwood. I just love playing whatever feels useful.

On 11/12/2019 at 6:30 PM, Toros said:

I play Wolfgang because he and I share a love of weightlifting and since my wife and I duo he makes bee queen and dragonfly less of a chore to fight.

I also love his cheerful nature and that as Wolfgang you usually solve problems via generous application of hambat.

Is hungry?  Use hambat for meat.

Is danger?  Use hambat and prove who is mightiest!

Is crazy? Use hambat on shadows.

I love his examination quotes too.

"Is grass."

"Is rock. What you not get?"

God I love this guy

Archived