JoeW

Return of Them Status Update

Dynamix_Roxx    173
2 minutes ago, x0VERSUS1y said:

When you see a lot of posts in "Return of Them Status Update", hope is some actual news about "Turn of Tides" going live or something buuuut.. you find 4 pages of basically "where's my update" :ghost:

@Dynamix_Roxx can you pls let it go? We get it, Klei haven't been too organized, made some erroneous estimates, addressed this all to clarify certain instances and whatnot, and that's that. By this point conversations diluted more-or-less into "Have I insulted you?" (and for some reason a most "military enlistment is compulsory in some countries" also popped because.. why not at this point :distracted:) Am sure you have more games into Steam library or RandomConsole's inventory (if that's how is called), occupy your time with those if needed, chillax with a pint of icy schnaps under the calm blue summer sky, life is fun and don't forget: don't starve! :D Peace!

I completely agree and this is why I only responded to @JoeW at first until being constantly insulted myself and felt I needed to start defending myself. I feel like I’ve gotten my point across. Sad that this is what happens when you try to do so. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

NSAiswatchingus    1,644
39 minutes ago, Dynamix_Roxx said:

LMFAO! Reading your god awful opinion on how a war works in the Don’t starve forum was really what we should all be here for though, right? 

I guess humans killing humans is cool? You've already lost a lot of credibility here. If you want to argue a pro-death point be my guest. 

• Like 1

Dynamix_Roxx    173
2 minutes ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

I guess humans killing humans is cool? You've already lost a lot of credibility here. If you want to argue a pro-death point be my guest. 

Not why I’m here. You have fun though. 

• Haha 1

FreyaMaluk    4,952
Posted (edited)

@ImDaMisterL could you pls close this one? this just totally off_topic at this point and repeating the same points over and over again plus personal attacks 

Edited by FreyaMaluk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

NSAiswatchingus    1,644
16 minutes ago, Dynamix_Roxx said:

Not why I’m here. You have fun though. 

You can't belittle what someone says and then not back it up. If you say something is awful you need to explain why you think that. This isn't the place for this topic anyway, but PM me and I can elaborate more on the subject. 

• Thanks 1

NoscopeFelix    1,751
Posted (edited)

But you are the only one who seems disappointed by this delay and you are most certainly not „saving“ the game with your „insight“.

Edited by NoscopeFelix
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

MrKoopa    1,090

Okay let's get back into topic guys.

Understandable the ToT is going to be released later than believed. I wonder what might get added to it. 

Also doesn't Joew contradict what Bigfoot said?

What Bigfoot said:

For this first update, we’ve focused primarily on building the fundamental tech and infrastructure for Return of Them. Please know that we expect this update to be a bit content light, and over the following months we will be adding more content to both the islands and the sea.

What JoeW Said: 

So just to be clear here so that we aren't raising expectations, Turn of Tides is the first big update for Return of Them. So it's not going to be complete when it does go live, but it needs to be stable and interesting enough that it's worth putting into the main game.

So which is it? Big update or small update? :p 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Lizardhiney    527
3 minutes ago, MrKoopa said:

Okay let's get back into topic guys.

Understandable the ToT is going to be released later than believed. I wonder what might get added to it. 

Also doesn't Joew contradict what Bigfoot said?

What Bigfoot said:

What JoeW Said: 

So which is it? Big update or small update? :p 

I think they are reffering to different parts of the update, one being the full one and the other being turn of tides

• Thanks 1

MrKoopa    1,090
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Hatano Eichero said:

I think they are reffering to different parts of the update, one being the full one and the other being turn of tides

Ik, can also be the case that Bigfoot don't think it is much of an update(ToT) while Joew thinks it is.

Could also be the case that ToT will become even bigger and that Bigfoot and Joew are commenting on different versions of a "full ToT". One we know, and one that is the polished product,

Edited by MrKoopa
  • Like 1

No worries at all!! Take your time.

Though I will admit that I do miss the old DST water. It fit more with the papery style in my opinion. I would like to see that brought back.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, JoeW said:

I remember the Wilson picture you posted and your old name mostly. You were posting at a time where we had much fewer posters and it was much easier to keep track of everybody. :wilson_wink:

That was nearly six years ago!

I am honored :wilson_cry:

Edited by L. Ringmaster
  • Like 3

Misa22    316

Back to the topic:

I am kinda glad Klei is taking its time with theupdate, because I, myself, find it pretty lacking still. 

Hope they release it loaded with stuff. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi there, I don´t know if this is the place to ask (considering the off topic discussion) but I will try asking if there is any approximate date of the release for the console users, we do not have anything even close to the beta players, I know it´s delayed... but can we know if it is a delay of days... weeks... months?

• Like 2