Return of Them Status Update

I wonder what's so hard to understand in it;
The Update was huge in terms of, they added freaking sailable water, potentially movable tiles, a new sub-mode for Sanity, an entirely new biome
The Update was small in terms of content towards those things

7 hours ago, xfinal-freakx said:

Hi there, I don´t know if this is the place to ask (considering the off topic discussion) but I will try asking if there is any approximate date of the release for the console users, we do not have anything even close to the beta players, I know it´s delayed... but can we know if it is a delay of days... weeks... months?

Hello friend @xfinal-freakx, welcome to the forum, at the moment the developers are focused on finalizing the beta, to be able to officially launch the update, at this stage that we consoles will receive, unfortunately the consoles do not allow betas, but I'm sure we will receive along with the final update, as it has been  so far ... The date needed to be postponed so they can bring us a better experience with bugs and content!

I play on PS4, and I'm sure the wait will be worth it!

:wilson_love:

Hey Joe.

I read the comments about the miscommunication and all of the other issues that came up.

I can see some comments do not appreciate the amount of work you put into the infrastructure behind the scenes, and what it takes to make everything work without breaking.

Every update you released on this forum made me appreciate the type of company you are, and proved that the best for the community is your main goal.

Please, stop replying to the same hateful user (already forgot his name, and I don't care enough to scroll back to check), as every second you have to spend replying, he is wasting precious time that could have gone to working on the release. Which is funny, cause he's helping with the delay, even a bit :). I truly understand why you reply, and I admire that, but it doesn't seem like the other side wants to listen, only to hear "you're right". 

Please, continue to be a great team and you are, the communication is more than probably most other companies, and waiting for finished products is THE way to go!

Love your work! From a new fan.

25 minutes ago, Dynamix_Roxx said:

There are very many actually. Alphas, betas, early access, etc. 

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/marvels-avengers-game-beta-launches-on-ps4-first/1100-6467662/

Wrong

The only hate here is from community members like yourself. 

There is a difference the avengers game and RoT beta, so having that as an example isn't great because that is about the "entire" game being released in beta while RoT beta is about specific content that is "small" not the entire game.

DST is not in beta, RoT is. 

We are talking about a specific type of beta, you appear to not see the difference.

Once Avengers game exit the beta there will no longer be a beta to download, only the "complete" version while here on steam we can choose to play RoT beta or the main branch DST.

10 minutes ago, MrKoopa said:

There is a difference the avengers game and RoT beta, so having that as an example isn't great because that is about the "entire" game being released in beta while RoT beta is about specific content that is "small" not the entire game.

DST is not in beta, RoT is. 

We are talking about a specific type of beta, you appear to not see the difference.

Once Avengers game exit the beta there will no longer be a beta to download, only the "complete" version while here on steam we can choose to play RoT beta or the main branch DST.

I did not say that. I said PS4 has betas. 

https://www.polygon.com/2019/6/18/18683675/monster-hunter-world-iceborne-ps4-beta-dates-requirements

How about this one then?

38 minutes ago, Dynamix_Roxx said:

I did not say that. I said PS4 has betas. 

https://www.polygon.com/2019/6/18/18683675/monster-hunter-world-iceborne-ps4-beta-dates-requirements

How about this one then?

"Monster Hunter: World Iceborne will cost $39.99 as a stand-alone expansion. A bundle featuring the main game and the Iceborne expansion will cost $59.99."

https://www.polygon.com/2019/5/9/18563562/monster-hunter-world-iceborne-trailer-release-date-price

So it looks like it will be like a seperate game but that might be smaller. May or may not need the main game in order to play. 

image.png.10bd31ecd873221532fdc145f4c90ba5.png

DST have right now a main branch and a beta branch. I have not seen(mostly because I don't own a ps4) that ps4 games get a beta branch that is seperate from the main branch. You can go to the game(on pc) and choose which one to play. This is different from having a DLC that you download from the store or another game that is released as a beta.

If you want to continue this discussion you can try on my profile or private message.

I honestly didn’t even want to start it.

The truth is PS4 has betas. Are you going to argue PS4 doesn’t have betas? That’s all I was saying. There is no need to argue about every little thing.  

Just now, Dynamix_Roxx said:

At this point, let's just give up. Dude's a lost cause.

I’m sorry, comments like this are frustrating. 

51 minutes ago, MrKoopa said:

DST have right now a main branch and a beta branch. I have not seen(mostly because I don't own a ps4) that ps4 games get a beta branch that is seperate from the main branch

Klei could possibly consider console beta functionality in the future for games, game updates and maybe even when they announce DST2 for PS5. 

I'm so confused...it could just be the post-exam mind melt, but I'm just so confused.

Okay, so I know that this update has been delayed, which is...y'know, alright. I still have to 100% Kingdom Hearts 3 among other things.

And I'm still hyped for the release of ONI 1.0 so that's neat...

But now I'm all lost with talks about DST2, which makes no sense.

Spoiler

No seriously, why on earth would DST2 even need to be a thing?

It doesn't, because more content and QoL upgrades can be made to the game to keep it fresh and alive forever. I mean, if you played DST when it first came out, 

5d0982fa55b07_sweatingguy.thumb.png.0209c753c4e1d3595387e1b375da4978.png

It was a completely different game than what it is now.

The game is timeless, and you don't need to just up and make a new game when just making new stuff will suffice.

So uh...I'm still lost, and I suppose that's my two cents on it. Can I have those back now?

46 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

No seriously, why on earth would DST2 even need to be a thing?

I was just thinking of Klei’s future.  I hope DST can continue for a very long time. Overwatch 2 is a thing for a similar reason. Klei will hopefully announce other games in the future, like Griftlands. They could bring them to consoles as betas first. 

13 minutes ago, Erick Inglut said:

I'd love it if Klei changed the water back to normal. The new Shipwrecked water looks super weird in DST and I'm pretty disappointed about it. Otherwise, I'm pretty much okay with everything else.

Wait a second they WHAT

Spoiler

I really should boot up the game every now and then. :wilson_laugh:

Edit:

image.thumb.png.145933e165d7a0464ce2ebe4a78b7ba4.png

So they did! I mean, think it looks really cool, but that's just me.

14 minutes ago, Erick Inglut said:

I'd love it if Klei changed the water back to normal. The new Shipwrecked water looks super weird in DST and I'm pretty disappointed about it. Otherwise, I'm pretty much okay with everything else.

SW water looks nothing alike to DST water. 

7 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

I mean, it definitely looks VERY close.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.09238c3597462bb8ada0f9d1075a5260.pngimage.thumb.png.145933e165d7a0464ce2ebe4a78b7ba4.png

All it's missing is the watercolor-esque coloring.

I think the tones make for a whole new feel: there are no waves in DST yet and there are different colors for different depth water or also lighter patches for contrast. DST water is monochrome. It looks very boring. 

IMO the water looks a bit weird is also due to the coastline. It needs some shore transition. 

I don't think that making the current status of RoT go live to the main branch as it is now is a big deal, we are enjoying the features it in the beta anyway? I can "somewhat" understand the people from consoles getting anxious since they can't try the new changes at all, but I honestly don't understand why PC players were waiting so eagerly that it went live, isn't it the same as just playing in the Beta?

My question is, about when should we expect the next content update on the Beta? before Warly? after Warly? with Warly? Or will it happen in small updates every few weeks like the changes we've been having in the latest patches? That's what interest me the most. 

And I don't mind if they miss for a couple of weeks, just curious when to expect new stuff :)

Archived