Return of Them Status Update

33 minutes ago, L. Ringmaster said:

@JoeW There's no way you remember me from years ago when I first contributed here, do you?!

I hardly even remember what I contributed! 

I remember the Wilson picture you posted and your old name mostly. You were posting at a time where we had much fewer posters and it was much easier to keep track of everybody. :wilson_wink:

8 hours ago, JoeW said:

First, you're making an argument that "The game has been out since 2016 and I’ve never seen any “new content”", which is entirely not the case. What you're actually arguing is that in the time you have been playing, YOU haven't seen much new content. This is true and what we are trying to resolve.

Okay let’s go step by step..

What new content, besides the Gorge which I missed due to the Forge never coming out and me quitting the game, has been released on console since late 2016? 

8 hours ago, JoeW said:

Frankly, what you are suggesting means we would have to have A - not increased the scope of our work and B- Release a significantly smaller set of content to the main game. 

What I am suggesting is you get your dates straight before continuously disappointing everyone. That is all. 

8 hours ago, JoeW said:

What I am trying to communicate to you, is that if we were to choose to do as you are suggesting, the result would be worse for everybody. You would get smaller, much less frequent updates, but they would be on time. 

The vast majority of players have been very positive about waiting for content, it's extremely unlikely that we will do as you are suggesting just so we can have more accurate estimated dates.  

What I am trying to communicate to you is I have no issue waiting. Your estimated dates are ridiculous. Do I even bother asking when is the next estimate? Or if I should believe it when it comes out? 

7 hours ago, JoeW said:

You don't want a version of Klei that can't change dates. As I tried to explain above. This would mean much less content in a much longer timeframe. It's really as simple as that. 

I want a version of Klei that knows what a “timeframe” is!  

6 hours ago, JoeW said:

Sure, sometimes we get excited about what we're working on and get a bit to ambitious with the content and that messes with dates. I won't argue with you there. Generally I try not to use actual dates and sometimes we get a bit to eager and do it anyway. 

I’ve never been trying to argue with you. I may by irritated having to come to these forums in the first place just to show my frustration, but I have tried to keep it to a customer feedback conversation at the very least. 

6 hours ago, JoeW said:

what you are asking for is less transparency and communication, not more. You are specifically requesting that we provide less information than we have so that you aren't disappointed.

This is just ridiculous. Less transparency and communication? Less information? How about we get accurate information? If your information was accurate at all people would not be disappointed. You think I am the only one disappointed that you have missed the first two release dates for your DST 2019 roadmap? 

6 hours ago, JoeW said:

What you are asking requires that we only plan to get 75% so we don't end up with 120%.

Why not get 120% then tell us an accurate date? 

6 hours ago, JoeW said:

You are specifically requesting that we provide less information than we have so that you aren't disappointed. This extends to all information we post, not just dates. I believe most players disagree with you here, so I hope you understand that it's not likely going to change drastically. 

I am specifically requesting that you provide more accurate release dates. Every single person agrees that you have absolutely horrible release dates to where they’ve been changed from “promises” to “estimates” to “motivation”. I hope you do change this drastically.

6 hours ago, JoeW said:

But I do think I could have provided more wording to be clear that these dates were approximations.

Yes, maybe before the news outlets started talking about it.

https://www.pcinvasion.com/dont-starve-together-2019-roadmap-teases-new-content-and-characters/

https://www.destructoid.com/klei-entertainment-announces-extensive-plans-for-don-t-starve-together-539882.phtml

https://www.gameinformer.com/dlc/2019/01/23/dont-starve-together-devs-reveal-dlc-plans-for-2019

Klei promises brand new content for Don't Starve Together beginning mid-April, including new biomes and creatures. Basically, more things that want to kill you and your friends. New content will come "every couple months afterward."

poster
noun (1)
post·er | \ ˈpō-stər \
Definition of poster

(Entry 1 of 2)
archaic
: a swift traveler

poster
noun (2)

Definition of poster (Entry 2 of 2)
: a bill or placard for posting often in a public place especially : one that is decorative or pictorial
First Known Use of poster

Noun (1)

1538, in the meaning defined above

Noun (2)

1818, in the meaning defined above

We live in a world where words gain new meanings quickly. :D I'm getting too old to keep up with the Internet jargon. Although swift travelers would make sense in that sentence.

1 hour ago, NorthicaN said:

Huh. I thought i could maybe play the new update little bit. Idk. If it release after 2 July. Its the date when im going to army. So yeah i cant play the game for year... im bit sad now

This is what happens when you announce your laughable “release dates”!

But I’m the only one, right? 

There were never any fixed release dates, except for a few, that were kept. The other dates were estimates and planned dates, subject to change, which was elaborated on over and over again. Even if you missed that the first time  you now have the explanations in front of you: Klei tries to estimate dates, to give everybody a clue of when a update might get release, but they usually don't know themselves when it will actually be released, and that's for numerable reasons, yet they are being transparent about it. It should be easy to follow the logic.

30 minutes ago, Dynamix_Roxx said:

I’ve never been trying to argue with you. I may by irritated having to come to these forums in the first place just to show my frustration, but I have tried to keep it to a customer feedback conversation at the very least. 

This is just ridiculous. Less transparency and communication? Less information? How about we get accurate information? If your information was accurate at all people would not be disappointed. You think I am the only one disappointed that you have missed the first two release dates for your DST 2019 roadmap

Why not get 120% then tell us an accurate date?

“I don’t want less transparency and communication, I just want you to not say anything until everything’s finished!” 

You're clearly arguing, dude. Put whatever label you want on it to make yourself feel better, you’re still arguing. There’s been no single sound discussion in the history that has ever been that’s ever involved the line “Are you delusional?”

I’d suggest you go back and read over all your previous posts. Remember though, you’re the polite one here, right?

4 minutes ago, YouKnowWho said:

“Are you delusional?”

I’d suggest you go back and read over all your previous posts. Remember though, you’re the polite one here, right?

I was fairly upset after the developer replied to my frustration with something I posted a few months ago and had nothing to do with my current feedback of them consistently missing release dates. It would be nice if they read my post before replying to it. Hence my response. I am not trying to be argumentative. I am trying to give feedback as frustrated as I am with every response I get. 

51 minutes ago, YouKnowWho said:

:\ 

Expressing my frustration and disappointment while offering feedback on how to improve is not arguing.

Why not quote the part where the person said they are sad and will now miss the new content because they’re going to the army and we’re hoping to play on June 20th? 

1 hour ago, Dynamix_Roxx said:

Huh. I thought i could maybe play the new update little bit. Idk. If it release after 2 July. Its the date when im going to army. So yeah i cant play the game for year... im bit sad now

The estimate dates are just guesses on when new content might be released. They might in the middle of development get several things that makes it take a lot longer:

They might get bugs that are hard to solve or trying to get something in-game that is not easy to make, might change a lot of the coding in the game.

Not like how an item looks like or change their mind on having something and want to replace it with something else that might fit better in the game.

People getting sick.

All these things can happen early and almost when the content is released. If some of these things happen late then it might take a lot longer than if it would happen early. And it can happen several times. Sure they could add 5 months or something to each estimate, but that might backfire. "Why tell us something if it going to take THAT long(1 year)?" or "If they say it might take 1 year then it might take 5 months"

I like the way they are doing it now, much better than what they did in the past. 

@Dynamix_Roxx Dude, project estimation is hard, especially for the projects no one ever completed/delivered. Market changes, people changes, **** happens all the time and most of the time you won't read about these things anywhere because you don't care

What I can take from your words is you expect that Klei must not fail to deliver new content when they announced a date or not announce a date at all. However, the majority of players would like to hear an estimation. So the only option for Klei to satisfy you to must not fail and must have 100% success rate. Stop and think for a moment. Who, in real life, would meet that expectation? The companies that you were a stakeholder or your government? And unlike those, Klei doesn't even owe you a thing. So, does it safe to say that you're the one that delusional?

And hell, in consumer point of view, delay because of increasing scope of work to deliver a better user experience wouldn't be considered as fail (fail at initial budget then yes but Klei doesn't too concern about this and that's why I like them the most). Projects/companies fail and pivot all the time. So even if Klei would say that they can't deliver this content at all, fail and stop updating DS or won't make games anymore, I will still appreciate their efforts for trying and wish they good luck next time

1 hour ago, Dynamix_Roxx said:

Expressing my frustration and disappointment while offering feedback on how to improve is not arguing.

Why not quote the part where the person said they are sad and will now miss the new content because they’re going to the army and we’re hoping to play on June 20th? 

I’ll have to a agree with you just this once. I’m wrong to use “argument.” Calling what you’re doing an argument is letting you off easy.

You want to know why I actually sympathize with what NorthicAN said, even though you’re both disappointed with delays? He manages to express his frustration without any needless whining or insults. 

3 hours ago, NorthicaN said:

Then don't join the army! You can make money elsewhere. Especially with Iran escalations and a new round of apparent false flags, you really don't want to get involved in the military. If you join the army, you're likely going to war. Don't. It's never too late to back out. 

49 minutes ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

Then don't join the army! You can make money elsewhere. Especially with Iran escalations and a new round of apparent false flags, you really don't want to get involved in the military. If you join the army, you're likely going to war. Don't. It's never too late to back out. 

Hey, let’s not be like that, okay? Scary times, I know, but that’s why we need people willing to serve like them in-case something actually did happen. We’ll all be alright though. Trust me.

4 hours ago, YouKnowWho said:

Hey, let’s not be like that, okay? Scary times, I know, but that’s why we need people willing to serve like them in-case something actually did happen. We’ll all be alright.

I don't want things to get too crazy here on a video game forum, but all wars are bankers' wars. When your government calls for war, it's under false pretenses to rally public support behind terrible acts. The young are always tricked into fighting the enemies of rich old men. I won't apologize for dissuading someone from falling for the same trick. 

4 hours ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Let's not forget military enlistment is compulsory in some countries too, so it might not be his choice.

Good point. If that's the case @NorthicaN I really hope the best for you. Be safe, do your time, and get out. 

13 hours ago, Dynamix_Roxx said:

The nicest thing I could ask was if they’re delusional. I asked long ago if consoles were getting the release at the same time and months later they’re still mentioning that. I’m here talking about the new content that is not coming. 

I’ve been waiting for “promised”, “estimated”, “motivational” release dates since January now with no release date in site. 

They’re doing their best to keep their game going. They do this by making money. I’m offering them insight to do this and I get credited as not helpful. I offered great insight on how to not disappoint your fans time and time again. I try to be as positive in my criticism as possible while consistently being disapppointed by Klei. The game has been out since 2016 and I’ve never seen any “new content”

I have a file on my pc and it's called ItsLiterallyABeta.bruh

2 hours ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Let's not forget military enlistment is compulsory in some countries too, so it might not be his choice.

Yes. My english not really good too. But you could say it something like that like in here every boy when finishes 9th grade in school going to 1 year army or military training. What is really important for every men to take part of. If you dont go the military police comes for you or you gonna pay for penalty not going there

4 hours ago, Dynamix_Roxx said:

Stop, stop stop. Just stop. Right there.

It's one thing to be frustrated and complain. You have the rights to do so, as you paid for this product.

However, all I've ever seen from you is whining, petty insults, whining, salt and more whining. Nowhere have a seen you offering actual feedback, and I've read all your messages twice (while enjoying a nice meal, mind you, because it is that entertaining)

You've been given multible explanations by JoeW and everyone else multible times from a business standpoint, quality of gameplay, how updates for consoles work differently and more. And yet you completely ignore all of that with more whining and pettyness.

Klei is an indie game company made by actual people. Not numbers, not robots, unlike what alot of huge corporations like to make you think.

And it seems to me that you think you're in the right and everyone else is wrong, but also that everyone agree with you. Are you delusional?

So here's my healthy feedback to you: Just stop. You look absolutely ridiculous.

4 hours ago, YouKnowWho said:

You want to know why I actually sympathize with what NorthicAN said, even though you’re both disappointed with delays? He manages to express his frustration without any needless whining or insults. 

Have I insulted you? No. Have you offered anything to this conversation? No.

4 hours ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

3 hours ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

I don't want things to get too crazy here on a video game forum, but all wars are bankers' wars. When your government calls for war, it's under false pretenses to rally public support behind terrible acts. The young are always tricked into fighting the enemies of rich old men. I won't apologize for dissuading someone from falling for the same trick. 

Let's just go back to watching @Dynamix_Roxx getting rekt. 

LMFAO! Reading your god awful opinion on how a war works in the Don’t starve forum was really what we should all be here for though, right? 

1 hour ago, Terra_Zina said:

It's one thing to be frustrated and complain. You have the rights to do so, as you paid for this product.

However, all I've ever seen from you is whining, petty insults, whining, salt and more whining. Nowhere have a seen you offering actual feedback, and I've read all your messages twice (while enjoying a nice meal, mind you, because it is that entertaining)

I’m sorry, has anyone else offered anything besides myself? Wouldn’t being called whining be an insult just as much as being called delusional? 

I think I understand you more now as well. What you could do then would be to leave the release dates open like you did for mid-April. You could’ve used late June. You could’ve said expect to hear more information late June and then tease something. That would be cool. That lets the team have as long as they need. Even if there are setbacks you could say now to expect more information mid-July. Setting an actual date of June 20 was not a good idea. Trying to be realistic about them would help to avoid disappointment as well. 

Thanks for reading all my posts twice and missing any important information I post and trying to  call me out for it though. I appreciate it. 

18 minutes ago, Dynamix_Roxx said:

Have I insulted you? No. Have you offered anything to this conversation? No.

LMFAO! Reading your god awful opinion on how a war works in the Don’t starve forum was really what we should all be here for though, right? 

I’m sorry, has anyone else offered anything besides myself? Wouldn’t being called whining be an insult just as much as being called delusional? 

I think I understand you more now as well. What you could do then would be to leave the release dates open like you did for mid-April. You could’ve used late June. You could’ve said expect to hear more information late June and then tease something. That would be cool. That lets the team have as long as they need. Even if there are setbacks you could say now to expect more information mid-July. Setting an actual date of June 20 was not a good idea. Trying to be realistic about them would help to avoid disappointment as well. 

Thanks for reading all my posts twice and missing any important information I post and trying to  call me out for it though. I appreciate it. 

I think it's time to stop my dude, we're not going anywhere with this. Can we just end this nonsense once and for all?

4 minutes ago, IronLobster said:

I think it's time to stop my dude, we're not going anywhere with this. Can we just end this nonsense once and for all?

This is how the community here responds to my criticism of Klei missing release date after release date?

I’ve already quit the game once. I was trying to offer insight to help save the game and community from further disappointment. 

Archived