Return of Them Status Update

23 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

Wait a second they WHAT

Reveal hidden contents

I really should boot up the game every now and then. :wilson_laugh:

Edit:

image.thumb.png.145933e165d7a0464ce2ebe4a78b7ba4.png

So they did! I mean, think it looks really cool, but that's just me.

I've never seen rocks like that, is that new?

On 14/06/2019 at 7:37 PM, JoeW said:

Hey Everybody, 

We're going to delay the release of Turn of Tides for a bit. We feel that it is a bit more rough around the edges than we would like and just not quite ready to be released. It's still going to be available on the beta branch, we just want everything to be more polished and 'complete' before it goes to the live version of Don't Starve Together. 

This scheduling change does not affect character or beta updates so Warly is still (currently) on schedule and the beta branch will continue to receive updates until we think it's ready to go out to everybody.

I don't have a current ETA on when Turn of Tides will be released to the live branch, but I will update you all as soon as we're reasonably certain of the new date. 

As always, a big thanks to everybody currently on the beta branch. Your feedback and bug reports have been super helpful, so please keep it coming!

Hello there, been playing the Return of them Beta and loving it! Just had a quick question about the release. When the update is released will it update my current server with all the new goodness or will I need to create a new server to start it? Also will this affect the biome spawn? The beta seems to spawn random pockets of water which to be honest i'm not a fan of! Thanks for the great work!!

On 7/3/2019 at 2:37 AM, Dr.RickDagless said:

Hello there, been playing the Return of them Beta and loving it! Just had a quick question about the release. When the update is released will it update my current server with all the new goodness or will I need to create a new server to start it? Also will this affect the biome spawn? The beta seems to spawn random pockets of water which to be honest i'm not a fan of! Thanks for the great work!!

I believe they've stated before that any new world generation features will require a new world, so your existing worlds will not have anything in the ocean or the changes world gen.

since i play beta, i find that i cant get acess to worlds of other players create on my computer, it must be good, but!

is it possible to make abbility of world be same for users (like share yes/no button)

i bind some other buttons then defaults are, also dont use some mods which my other user use, and he dont use mods i like

but they are same for all users, i run the game and every time have to visit mod section and turn them all, also every time bind buttons and take new background on my profile

is it possible to personalise all data from the game and separate them from every user?

21 minutes ago, Dynamix_Roxx said:

Hahaha! That roadmap is nothing but lies. 

if it has been nothing but lies we would have never gotten:
 - the winona rework
 - wortox
 - the willow rework
 - the RoT beta
 - wormwood
 - content. lots of it
 - the promise of upcoming content, however delayed.

You aren't entitled to making insulting, incorrect blanket statements just because the Klei team has let us down with their release dates. 

Dude just pls chill.

3 minutes ago, GetNerfedOn said:

if it has been nothing but lies we would have never gotten

- the winona rework
 - wortox
 - the willow rework
 - the RoT beta
 - wormwood
 - content. lots of it
 - the promise of upcoming content, however delayed.

You aren't entitled to making insulting incorrect blanket statements just because the Klei team has let us down with their release dates. 

Dude just pls chill

I’ve never seen the beta. Thanks for the character reworks. Great roadmap!

5 hours ago, reverentsatyr said:

Please, let's not start this again.

Why not?  I understand it would be hard to match the standards set last month. But I think a sequel could be great!

If that doesn't work out though, I guess there is always the live action reenactment.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.045c9a74cee9708b08999492a9b00d9a.png

The ending leaves me disappointed though, Dynamic_Roxx never really reached his full potential. Hoping for a sequel.

Archived