Screenshot showcase

Here's my attempt at trying to make my boat resemble a longship—the furnace is meant to represent the figurehead and the chests are imitating the colorful shields at the sides. These details are meant for aesthetic purposes, but they are surprisingly useful—infinite heat, light and cooking fire from the nearby furnace and lots of storage space. Wouldn't recommend sailing in summer though, ironically!

1230711884_DontStarveTogether11_2_20204_04_47PM.thumb.png.1d9285d1f747a9854b971d43145affb3.png

Here's an illustration of the real thing:

Spoiler

original-4427945-3.jpg.9ab4a90eb817e94d7e7b8b855b40db1f.jpg

55 minutes ago, Hornete said:

Hot damn! What's the seed? You can print out the seed using this command

c_announce(TheWorld.meta.seed)

I thought I got lucky that it was a full donut, but the island right there is really just even more amazing :D

6 hours ago, Kittydub said:

I feel so lucky :D

20201104143231_1.jpg

I got that kind of map... ONCE ! And it was on a test world when cave retrofit was not a thing so I could't play on it, thanks you for discovering a new one !

3 hours ago, ADM said:

I got that kind of map... ONCE ! And it was on a test world when cave retrofit was not a thing so I could't play on it, thanks you for discovering a new one !

oh man, we got one of those the other day(and pearl was on the inside too) but it corrupted pretty badly and had to be regenerated. it was awful!

Was playing a friend's server with some other friends, decided to solo kill bee queen.

20201104210034_1.thumb.jpg.e80ca7c42b829604f719e53584a0989e.jpg

Was a little late on the screenie, but I killed bee queen anywho. Honestly Bee Queen is still my second least favorite fight in DST(crab king takes rock bottom for that!) Considering this is just a "Hold F" fight with occasional heal spam and switching abi elixirs, I honestly think this fight is a little dull. Then again I prefer fights with alot of movement(like dragonfly or klaus) over hold F fights.

5 minutes ago, Terra B Welch said:

Was playing a friend's server with some other friends, decided to solo kill bee queen.

20201104210034_1.thumb.jpg.e80ca7c42b829604f719e53584a0989e.jpg

Was a little late on the screenie, but I killed bee queen anywho. Honestly Bee Queen is still my second least favorite fight in DST(crab king takes rock bottom for that!) Considering this is just a "Hold F" fight with occasional heal spam and switching abi elixirs, I honestly think this fight is a little dull. Then again I prefer fights with alot of movement(like dragonfly or klaus) over hold F fights.

kiting her is fun, loooong but fun

edit: with wendy is boring, that is right xD

On 11/3/2020 at 5:57 AM, Pinegrove said:

Here's my attempt at trying to make my boat resemble a longship—the furnace is meant to represent the figurehead and the chests are imitating the colorful shields at the sides. These details are meant for aesthetic purposes, but they are surprisingly useful—infinite heat, light and cooking fire from the nearby furnace and lots of storage space. Wouldn't recommend sailing in summer though, ironically!

1230711884_DontStarveTogether11_2_20204_04_47PM.thumb.png.1d9285d1f747a9854b971d43145affb3.png

Hide contents

Dude!  The thing with the furnace totally works.  That, is a seriously badass boat.

As for me, I've been experimenting around some more with "can I do Game A in Game B...?" and so I bring you:  the (in-game) Carters!

...as Sims.  :)

Now, bear in mind that since this is Sims 4 and not 3, I can't do anywhere near the customization.  That means that I basically have to find outfits that look closeish AND come in somewhere nearish the right colour(s), rather than find something that's the right shape and then make it whatever colour/pattern/texture you want.  Why they took Create-a-Style OUT after inventing such an awesome thing, I have no idea.

sims4wendy.thumb.png.67a51f0318784f9410cca10733a764ee.png

Wendy...

sims4abigail.thumb.png.ea6c387f0e5403ba8e3fdc737777b31c.png

Abigail, dressed (more or less) as she was in Wendy's short...
(I had to make them both teens, because...well, teens have a LOT more clothing choices so it's way, _way_ easier to make a specific character look like themselves.  I didn't find flowers that could go on either side of the head, but I did find bows.  So I made do with those.)

sims4maxwell.thumb.png.9c0be84385e2e500a9be5ef9eab8dc59.png

Maxwell, lookin' snazzy in pinstripes...  (I turned him to the side so you could see his Maxwellesque nose and chin.  I _could_ have gone a hair more extreme but...I didn't want to.  : P)

sims4charlie.thumb.png.a8698f3eeebe048e3e4a652d87758399.png

And bonus Charlie!  There were a number of dresses that kindasorta worked for her Queen Charlie look but I stopped dead when I saw this one because ROSES.  Stop the auditions, everyone else go home, ROSES.  Black.  Roses.  :D  Is there _anything_ more appropriate for our Shadow Queen?  The overall shape of the dress doesn't look too far off for the time period she's supposed to be from, either!

...Notorious

On 11/3/2020 at 2:57 PM, Pinegrove said:

Reveal hidden contents

Doesn't your game crash when a Cookie Cutter jumps onto your boat?

2 hours ago, Duck986 said:

Doesn't your game crash when a Cookie Cutter jumps onto your boat?

It doesn't, surprisingly! It functions quite well. The only issue I've had is with the sea horror, which seems to be a bit stuck when it spawns at the sides.

Not sure if anyone has encountered this but I found all these skeletons lined up in a row, I'm almost 100% this was not someone who died multiple times in a single line, because the examination quote is the standard skeleton boon quote.
This probably was a Hallowed nights set piece that got all wonky during worldgen, so that's my only explanation .

77602098_Screenshot(1052).thumb.png.9bdd9704ccac14922eaf078f3cbb0779.png

1 hour ago, -Variant said:

This world gen is such a blessing and a curse.

unknown.png

Its got everything you could ever want, "islands", a bridge to nowhere, empty ruins, and even an empty archive. 

Am I the only who gets normal worlds (I mean I have everything I should in the ruins, etc.)?

I tested both different worlds - with no mods and with 15 mods (Feast and Famine and Force Reed Trap Setpiece Generation included (they both affect worldgen process)) and in both cases my world generates just fine.

This is not an insult or a mockery, I just want to realise what's the reason of empty ruins

P.S.: I even tried to refresh ruins by killing an ancient fuelweaver, but everything is as usual.

Archived