Screenshot showcase

7 hours ago, Pinegrove said:

I've been messing around with the idea of a Halloween themed bridge... (Mods: New boat shapes, Magic bottle lanterns)

1731765360_DontStarveTogether10_30_20201_32_29PM.thumb.png.5ac07f74b8dac4f6c690fb99006576aa.png

I love this.. mad respects Ice Flings to prevent unfortunate summer fires too? Now that’s using your noggin and thinking in advance of disaster!

Oh my god that boat bridge is GORGEOUS and I want it in one of my worlds.  (I guess I COULD have something like it it in Charlie's already-Halloweeny one, if I added the Magic Lanterns and New Boat Shapes mods...)  I love the use of the gates and walls to make the railings of the bridge, too.  :)

And now, for some randomness:

cutenessintheforest.png.a57636a6325de00af2220ba2523dfe94.png

Back at Willow's old world (over a real-life year old!), D'AWWWWW...!  Ohmygod, the kitty cuddled right up to you while you're sleeping and...I am Dead of Cute.  The firepit is the one I made while building my Ruins, which we're right near in this picture.  (One of them; the other is an endothermic pit since most of the building happened in summer.)

hanginbythelamp.thumb.png.f2d42e11fe5b66563bbbbd4bc5ab8eb9.png

Here we are, spending a relaxing night on the spike traps.  Like ya do. On a Thursday.  I love that Willow is kinda sorta holding the fluffy umbrella over the kitty.  :)

And here's my Klei Halloween 2020 entry, for completeness's sake (since it IS, after all, a screenshot):

kleihalloween2020.thumb.png.f95ba581d0c5d39379ca1ea3cf858636.png

aka Charlie's Witch's Lair, I guess. Funny thing is, with the science machine, firepit and crockpot, you could actually use this as an emergency base if you were wandering out in the world nearby.  Wish I could help ya, pipspook.

dstspookyhalloween2020.thumb.png.c1135bc9b0d5fdb2af9f22c75367f62d.png

The spoooookier version.  I kinda like this one better, but I forgot to say the words in it so it wasn't eligible.  Dripping in atmosphere, this one is.

And last but not least, guess who (finally) joined the party, just in time for Halloween?

wortoxjoinedtheparty.png.f222e7221282aad97588ac65385d3beb.png

WORTOX!  Come on down, buddy!  Get ready for random messy bases and hippie-dippie survivalism, 'cos that's what you're in for, with me playing.  : P

...Notorious

11 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Ohmygod, the kitty cuddled right up to you while you're sleeping and...I am Dead of Cute.

Goodness, they are so adorable! I bet Willow could use that extra fuzzy fluffy warmth, since she tends to get cold more easily. 

I'd share all of my own cute pet pictures, but unfortunately I lost all of my dst screenshots (about a year and a half worth) when my laptop got corrupted. Here's a recent one with the horned friend that helped me move the marble pieces:

1073781782_DontStarveTogether10_30_20207_14_05PM.thumb.png.d7a73dd1d073520268065f5462de3e5b.png

Spoiler
1 hour ago, PandoPon said:

20201029211726_1.thumb.jpg.8273f95f405fb2278a8513e3f2a575ce.jpg

The book cover reads: "Tips on how to defeat Ancient Fuelweaver."

Absolutely loved doing this. Klei is such an amazing developer, been waiting in silence for something like this to happen forever, where everyone can share their art and creativity. This is awesome!

389882964_Halloween2020Pose.thumb.png.21e0dbf42753d135fdbabcc9af3ecaa7.png

1794501687_Halloween2020PoseNight.thumb.png.766332b78b6bcc1e5789a380bd5099de.png

5 minutes ago, Pinegrove said:

Big fan of the look of this base! I love the idea of putting a drying rack above the cauldron to make it look like you can hang a pot on the hook, very clever.

Wait.. how did they actually do that? I’m assuming it’s a mod or some glitch I’m not aware of because on Xbox structures will turn red & won’t allow placement while trying to place them too close to another structure.

There are some tricks you can use like for example if you want to place empty elixir next to mad science lab.. you have to pick up the elixer, place down lab then re-drop elixer but that’s just lose inventory items.. I have absolutely no idea how to do it with entire base structures! :( 

Also to keep this thread On-Topic here was my approved Halloween screenshot!

Ever since They added that particular Telltale heart skin to the game I wanted to do a graveyard scene with it where it looked like zombies digging themselves out of the their graves clinching onto their own beating undying hearts.

(I know the placement of them aren’t perfect but I tried.)

43629ACB-CEBE-4A54-8776-BA8D5AB360D5.gif.02a2a635594a781c14f3b9811b0cf700.gif

1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

Wait.. how did they actually do that?

Commands, I'm almost certain. I use this method too, when a structure is being excessively stubborn. For example, with the bridge I built, the beginning of it had a smaller platform because it couldn't fit otherwise, and because of that I couldn't place the wall in the beginning of the second platform, even though it clearly looked like there was enough space:

.1690072352_DontStarveTogether10_31_20206_16_04PM.png.ba94a11dd60c54321293b3bfc40505e9.png

15 minutes ago, Pinegrove said:

Commands, I'm almost certain. I use this method too, when a structure is being excessively stubborn. For example, with the bridge I built, the beginning of it had a smaller platform because it couldn't fit otherwise, and because of that I couldn't place the wall in the beginning of the second platform, even though it clearly looked like there was enough space:

.1690072352_DontStarveTogether10_31_20206_16_04PM.png.ba94a11dd60c54321293b3bfc40505e9.png

No commands on console, we had to rollback a few times to get it right. I believe this is called structure stacking. With no geometric placement building things on top of each other is quite tricky. They are placed a bit off sometimes and you have the sprite blinking which looks super weird. The cauldron have a priority over the drying rack which makes the hook stay behind (Not showing) as well. Drying rack is one pixel in front of the crockpot so that's how we got that look. Another thing to note is that there's no way to reach that drying rack because the cauldron occupy too much space, rendering the drying rack useless, it's just for decoration purpose now, sadly...

Not a DS/T screenshot, BUT...

sims4willow.thumb.png.bdd18589f7cb540b74bc3538424ec019.png

...I think you'll like it.  :)

This is Sims FOUR Willow (my previous DST Sims you may have seen were made with Sims 3) and considering just how much more limited 4 is when it comes to designing things (no Create-a-Style...sniff...) I think she came out fairly well.  There's a bunch of characters I won't be able to do at all, I think, due to how much less customization/cool modded content I have. 

I originally intended to play through at a character's house until it was time for "Hallowed Night" (what I actually named the Halloween holiday in my game--yes, you can make custom holidays) and see if she came by as a trick-or-treater, 'cos that would be adorable AND relevant, but that never happened.   So here's Sim-Willow just giving us all the crazy (blank) eyes on the Create-a-Sim page.
(Her last name was chosen from a list of randomisations; I think you'll agree this one has that Don't Starvian touch.  Also HUTCHcroft cracked me up.  : P)

What does this have to do with the holiday?  Ummmm...it's one game dressing up as another game?

;)

...Notorious

so the dedicated server i am a mod for is reset and the portal base, webber base and wortox base are finished!

here is a picture of(about half) of the portal base

image.thumb.png.72778b9d944635a17e30684fcc5a6734.png

also i want to share the screencaps of the dungeon from the old server but there are a lot of pictures. is it ok to share or probably not?

Sure!  I mean, I showed all my pictures from the ruins and the events that happened during the building of them.  The key is to maybe use spoilers occasionally, if you want.  Like, look how many pictures we posted in The Builder's Project thread:

An awesome thread idea that should totally come back, and also I have no idea why a random screenshot of mine that isn't even a built thing is the thumbnail for the thread.  : P

...Notorious

ok, but fair warning it is a lot XD also someone wanted to talk for part of it since we two were the only ones on the server so there is some of that too. aaalso also this is not all of the traps and set-pieces. if the trap was sprung and looks bad it did not get a pic or in a couple places large set-pieces were skipped altogether and a few areas depended on certain phase/weather conditions so yeah but this is still nearly two-thirds of it

Spoiler

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

and here is the community base. i did NOT make most of it. this was an effort by many people who came and went from the server

Spoiler

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Smackswell slays the dragonfly!

20201101042934_1.thumb.jpg.cd23df4aca8142b407850f0b6312e79a.jpg

20201101042945_1.thumb.jpg.58ebf80c5cc856239a6c9525d18cbc4b.jpg

I did this moreso for the memes rather then bragging rights, I thought it would be funny at least. >.<

(And if anyone is wondering at all, I have a bad habit of saying "hentai'd" in chat whenever someone dies to a tentacle, I think I got the habit from friends I play with. Sorry >.<)

Archived