Don't Starve Shower Thoughts

Have you ever thought about the most absurd questions about the DS franchise that you've asked yourself many times in the shower? Ever wanted some thoughts or answers to it?

Well now you can! 

(get those)

Here, you can ask whatever strange questions you want for others to see, comment on, or even answer. Here's an example.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

1. If every sanity aura decreases exponentially the farther you get from it, does this mean that our character is still experiencing every sanity aura of every mob, but it's so ridiculously small that we never notice it?

2. Will Nome ever notice me?

3. How can our characters go on for so long without sleeping?

4. How did Abigail die?

5. Is Wendy really that depressed?

6. Why is WIlson so adorable?

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

And, if you ever happen to try and answer their questions, you should use an @ to get back to them. If you see that a question has been answered, edit your post and cross it off the list using a strikethrough. You shouldn't have to create a new post if you come up with more.

So, what are you waiting for? GIve me the most ridiculous DS questions you've ever had, and maybe try answering some!

You can start with the example I provided.

12 minutes ago, SkyCommision said:

1. If every sanity aura decreases exponentially the farther you get from it, does this mean that our character is still experiencing every sanity aura of every mob, but it's so ridiculously small that we never notice it?

2. Will Nome ever notice me?

3. How can our characters go on for so long without sleeping?

4. How did Abigail die?

5. Is Wendy really that depressed?

6. Why is WIlson so adorable?

There, fixed the emphasis of topic for you. Now your heart's desire is in the right place :lol:

Why are some of Wigfrid's quotes still out of character?

Why is Wendy scared of having fun?

How come Wes literally has the ability to levitate but he takes no advantage of it?

Why does blowing a balloon make you lose your mind?

How come balloons fly away?

How come balloons do damage?

How does whacking a giant deer's kneecaps enough times eventually kill it, while not impeding it's ability to walk at all?

Who the hell is Beefalo Bill? 

What the hell is Klaus?

How come when a giant spider convulses on the ground, it makes another, smaller spider appear out of thin air next to it?

How come yellow spiders are poisonous in tropical areas, but black spiders are not affected in any way at all?

How come snakes are suspiciously similar to spiders?

Why does Beefalo Bill not want us to mess with the joystick which the machine seemingly has no use for?

Why do frogs fall from the sky?

Why does Maxwell not know where the Goose/g.oose came from?

How come no Klei staff nor mods have told me anything about my signature in all the time it's been like this?

How come beefalo can poop despite never eating anything?

I've always wanted a thread on this topic, but never thought it was thread-worthy. But since it's here now...

Why does spider meat + a bunch of ice = gourmet meatballs?

How does a crock pot even work? Where does the pot come from when you cook meaty stew? Where does the bag come from when you cook trail mix?

Have you ever realized that a Koalefant drops more meat than Dragonfly who drops more meat than Toadstool?

Why does Woodie's beard never grow? Why does Webber even have a beard? Can spiders ever grow beards?

You can cage a bird and feed it hundreds of spoiling cooked monster meat, and it will never die. How?

Why is there an abyss underground? Come to think of it, what's holding up the caves? Why doesn't the overworld collapse down on it?

Why do Volt Goats drop milk in bottles?

The Don't Starve Butterflies have a strong resemblance to monarch butterflies, which are poisonous. Yet Butterfly Wings restore 8 health?

Spiders only have 6 legs, so are they insects?

Pocket-sized walls. How do they work?

"I put a gem on a stick"- Wilson upon examining a Star Caller's Staff

Hambats. How do they work?

Football helmets are made from pig skins, have 450 durability (or 315 in DST), and give 80% damage reduction. Pigs have 250 and no resistances. All you did was tie some rope around it.

How exactly does Wigfrid work? She's an actress who believes she's a warrior. Therefore, she takes less damage from all sources, including eating monster meat, freezing, overheating, and starving.

Woodie eats logs?

Why does Woodie have a werebeaver curse? Where did he get a talking axe from? 

Why does Antlion get mad at you? How does she even know you exist, much less, know where you are to create sinkholes.

Have you ever noticed Rabbits have antennae?

Giant Bunnymen living in giant carrots. How does it work?

Where does Pig King get all his gold from? Where does he keep all the meats and trinkets you give him?

How terrifying would it be to have Don't Starve mobs in real life. Imagine a giant yellow spider jumping at you from 10 feet away.

Spider eats more than 20 foot tall mutant Badger Bear

Gets struck by lightning. Takes only 10 damage?

How exactly does Chester work? I mean, where are his vital organs located? Most of him is just empty space after all.

Frog rain. How does it work?

How does Toadstool fit in such a tiny hole?

Where does Mactusk get his hat from?

How are gold tools so durable?

Why do tier 3 trees shrivel back to tier 0 trees?

Marble shrubs. How do they work?

Giant 20 foot tall screaming Bee Queen drops a measly stinger.

There are many more questions to ask, but I'll stop here.

Spoiler

Oh, and also, Wes can inflate balloons, but where does he get all those strings from? O_O latest?cb=20130909102100

7 hours ago, Weirdobob said:

Why are some of Wigfrid's quotes still out of character?

Out of the character she is playing, or out of the character she is ?

Why does blowing a balloon make you lose your mind?

Because they are so cute. How can you stand their destruction ?

How come balloons do damage?

The compressed air, suddently released, damage you.

How come when a giant spider convulses on the ground, it makes another, smaller spider appear out of thin air next to it?

It's the well know "summoning dance" of spider.

How come yellow spiders are poisonous in tropical areas, but black spiders are not affected in any way at all?

They don't have the right glands. Like bee, they evolve to have differents roles in the group.

Why do frogs fall from the sky?

There are ponds in the cloud. When the wind is too strong, they fall.

How come beefalo can poop despite never eating anything?

They eat the savana ground. The ground restore itself fast enough to not disappears.

6 hours ago, KoreanWaffles said:

This isn't bottle, this is an intern organ of the goat, the milk was in it.

How exactly does Wigfrid work? She's an actress who believes she's a warrior. Therefore, she takes less damage from all sources, including eating monster meat, freezing, overheating, and starving.

Mind over Matter.

Yes, they are Jackalope.

Giant Bunnymen living in giant carrots. How does it work?

Sadly, it's only painted to look like a carrot.

His mother made it as a gift for Chrismas. She is now waiting for news since 3 months now. I hope you feel guilty each time you are wearing it !

This isn't real gold, we just think it is. Wonder : why the pig king has so many "gold" for you when you give him food ?

How does anyone start fire without a fire source?

Why does your tent "nope" out after six uses?

How do you harvest everything (like grass and meat and pelts) without a knife?

How does anyone (other than Woodie) know how to start a fire the good 'ol fashioned way? Wilson didn't even know that cooking a pumpkin doesn't inherently turn it into a pie.

Who was the special someone that was buried with the potato cup, and why the heck hasn't it decomposed in the grave by the time it was found?

If there is a potato cup, why are there no potatoes to be found?

Where does the pig kind stash all his gold? Never mind, don't answer that.

1 hour ago, TheTraditionalGentleman said:

Who was the special someone that was buried with the potato cup, and why the heck hasn't it decomposed in the grave by the time it was found?

Seth, sometimes even if the thing is natural if it's treated with resins or chemicals it can really slow the decomposition process

what are the characters canon survival skills and who would be the worst and who would be the best .

what are Wes's thoughts on anything just anything  he can't really comment  or doesn't or is he dumb to 

does shadow Wes  make himself blind with the sunglasses going off his item description.

If a character stepped on the shadow thrown who would be the least affected my thoughts would be Woodie 

13 hours ago, JohnWatson said:

why does wx die from the rain when he can eat ice

it's called water cooling

12 hours ago, PillsStealer said:

Why doesn't Wes write on signs to communicate

you can do it, it costs a board and a hammer, though, he can't read it out loud, but everyone else can

12 hours ago, KoreanWaffles said:

obviously they electrocute the sand to the temperature of melting

3 hours ago, TheTraditionalGentleman said:

How does anyone start fire without a fire source?

they watched youtube

anyway, most of those are just easy-to-answer questions, not a proper shower thoughts, though, i'll try to think of something later in shower

On 8/8/2017 at 1:18 AM, Weirdobob said:

Why is Wendy scared of having fun?

She doesn't want to break character.  She's been depressed so long that it's become central to her identity.

How come Wes literally has the ability to levitate but he takes no advantage of it?

He's not levitating.  He's riding a bicycle, obviously.

How come snakes are suspiciously similar to spiders?

Horseshoe Theory of legs.  The opposite extremes of leg count are strikingly similar to each other.  Centipedes and millipedes are even more snake-like.

Why does Maxwell not know where the Goose/g.oose came from?

They don't have passports.

How come no Klei staff nor mods have told me anything about my signature in all the time it's been like this?

Weirdness Coupon.

On 8/8/2017 at 1:50 AM, PillsStealer said:

Why dose Wigfrid get a damage boost if she's acting a role?

Skill.  Also, she's just stronger than average.

On 8/8/2017 at 1:57 AM, KoreanWaffles said:

Football helmets are made from pig skins, have 450 durability (or 315 in DST), and give 80% damage reduction. Pigs have 250 and no resistances. All you did was tie some rope around it.

Log suits are made of wood and rope, but trees don't have any protection from attacks.  The rope is made from the same grass as grass armor.  It must be the grass.

Skill and practice.  She's very dedicated to her craft.

Woodie eats logs?

Yes.  This is a question?

They're antlers.

Scotland, obviously.  Read the tag.

It's a psychological effect.  You use them more gently.

How do beefalo not overheat/spontaneously combust in summer?

Why is the oasis dry in every season but the driest season?

How do the survivors not break their necks with the ice cube on their head?

How do the survivors never burn any of their food?

Why are most of my questions related to summer mechanics?

The question on everyones mind when it comes to the topic of Webber and the spider is how it happened, but I find the story of when it happened to be more interesting. In my time playing Webber, I've realized that a lot of his dialogue hints at important details to when he ended up in his situation. These hints however may not be entirely true. 

It seems to be widely believed that Webber had been eaten by the spider after he had arrived in the world of Don't Starve, which is not a bad assumption by any means. It would make sense after all; Webber shortly dies after the incident and Wilson stumbles across his remains. As stated before, however, there is evidence from story elements and quotes from the characters that can prove this to be false.

Wickerbottoms ability to name the species of the Don't Starve world can supposedly give insight of what might exist in the real world, however, there is a contradiction to this. Despite being able to name the deerclops, her choice of words for quotes for the spider family shows signs of questioning, as if the information she has gathered is new. This would imply that the species of spiders in the Don't Starve world are not in the real world. This is only true if Wickerbottoms ability to name the species of the Don't Starve world truly give us knowledge of the real worlds creatures. More concrete evidence of my point is given by Webbers quotes related to Maxwell and quotes that reference his life before Don't Starve.

The way Webber refers to himself (or themselves) plays a key role in this evidence, as there are many quotes of his that give insight to his life before the incident. Some of these quotes include:

"Bucket-o-poop- I saw mum use this in her gardens."
    "Fishing Rod- I miss grandpa's fishing trips."
    "Cartographer's Desk- Heh heh. I was never allowed in father's study."

These quotes all seem to imply that he had a normal life of a child before he had become fused with the spider, and the afforementioned situation with Wickerbottom can prove that the spider was not in the real world, meaning that he couldn't have become "Webber" until he was within the Don't Starve world. However, in the same context of his life before, this quote proves otherwise:

"Pumpkin Lantern- Just like we used to make at home!"

Just like WE used to make at home. This implies that at some point in the real world, he had been eaten by the spider, making them into Webber. One could say that this might have been a mistake within the dialogue. After all, the dialogue for WX-78 is filled with contradictions to his abilities. However, there is even more evidence of this, some of which comes from how Webber had arrived in the world of Don't Starve.

When Webber examines Maxwells statue, he will say the following quote:

"That's the guy who said he could help us."

This is very similar to how Wilson was taken to the Don't Starve world, as he also told Wilson he could help. The important part of this quote is how Webber uses us instead of me.

These quotes may very well prove that the spiders from the Don't Starve world do exist in the real world, or at least where Webber had lived, and may also prove that Webber was Webber before he could be Webber; by going to the Don't Starve world. For the record, I was also thinking about this while waiting out summer on my Webber world.

This bothers me way more than it should.

On 8/8/2017 at 3:34 PM, Lumina said:

They eat the savana ground. The ground restore itself fast enough to not disappears.

So how come they still poop if walled in a desert, or rocky biome?

Perhaps beefalos are pieces of **** themselves? I'm not sure how that explains anything but I sure as hell don't like them.

Also, why does pudgy beef exist?

Why can't we use our other hand to hold stuff? ( Dual Wield Shadow Swords or a Weapon Lantern Combo )

&

Why do we live outside instead of houses? ( Does our hunger for Food & Knowledge blocks the idea to live peacefully in cozy homes made from the finest marble material? )  

Why does Wolfgang love going shirtless in mighty battles? 

On 10/08/2017 at 9:30 AM, mikesdaman said:

"Pumpkin Lantern- Just like we used to make at home!"

Just like WE used to make at home. This implies that at some point in the real world, he had been eaten by the spider, making them into Webber. One could say that this might have been a mistake within the dialogue.

Maybe it's a real "we" ? I mean, ok, webber use "we" as "i" usually, but why it couldn't be a "just like my family and i used to make at home" ? Usually, pumpkin carving is something you do in family no ? (It's not something that we do a lot in my country so i could be wrong)

Archived