[Game Update] - Winter's Feast (BETA 199914)

4 hours ago, Weird Wanderer said:

Maxwell says "Charlie didn't make that one!" when he examines Klaus..

Where the heck did it come from??

I've got no eye deer!!

Ooh, the plot thickens!

Maybe the shadows a starting to act on their own will? Or maybe Charlie's control over them was about as illusory as Maxwell's in the first place?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, t1morino88eex said:

They weren't asleep when they opened the thread, you know.

Well, I don't know what they were doing at the moment, but Klei developers were quite busy today. Just look at the bug-tracker, there are several bug (from today!) which are already fixed. I guess we'll have another update soon. 

But I agree, some more information abaut the Winter's Feast update would have been nice. They allways had some description till now. But I'm sure they have a reason for the lack of communication. Maybe they don't want to spoil thing for those who aren't opted into the beta?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zhuzha said:

Ooh, the plot thickens!

Maybe the shadows a starting to act on their own will? Or maybe Charlie's control over them was about as illusory as Maxwell's in the first place?

It sounds to me more like it was Maxwell's doing. He seems pretty certain that Charlie didn't make it and if They made Klaus then he wouldn't know that and just assume it was Charlie's doing. I personally think Klaus was Maxwell's first attempt at making a krampus, but this one was way too aggressive (or Maxwell just didn't like it for whatever reason) and was locked away. And now with Charlie on the throne she ended up finding it and released it to torment Maxwell and the others.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JellyUltra said:

I love the way Klaus resurrects with a life-giving amulet for the second phase, it's always nice when games have enemies use the same items that characters do.

no no no no no no no pls no
Do you know how heartbroken I would be to kill Toadstool only to see him revive with a life giving amulet?

psst Klei, give every boss a life giving amulet for an April Fools event

6 hours ago, JellyUltra said:

I love the way Klaus resurrects with a life-giving amulet for the second phase, it's always nice when games have enemies use the same items that characters do.

What if Klaus used to be a player? Like someone who was brought into the world and just stayed there forever. What if he is what we become...

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

It sounds to me more like it was Maxwell's doing. He seems pretty certain that Charlie didn't make it and if They made Klaus then he wouldn't know that and just assume it was Charlie's doing. I personally think Klaus was Maxwell's first attempt at making a krampus, but this one was way too aggressive (or Maxwell just didn't like it for whatever reason) and was locked away. And now with Charlie on the throne she ended up finding it and released it to torment Maxwell and the others.

Remember, they said this wasn't part of the ANR update? That confirms that this indeed was not Charlie's doing, but from what I can gather from Maxwell's context, it would seem he thinks She didn't make Klaus as most of Charlie's creations were of utmost elegance... (statues, moonbase, the Queen Bee...)

In my opinion, this would be similar to Warcraft's Burning Legion, (The Shadows), creating the Lich King (Charlie/Maxwell) and have them create the Scourge (in Maxwell's case, the World and most of it's contents)... but the Burning Legion also has their own troops... like doom guards, succubi, and other demons... maybe Klaus, and Krampus were from Them... also, it may not be far fetched to think that as Maxwell, recounts plugging in the sinkhole to the caves and ruins... O__O

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, Asparagus said:

Remember, they said this wasn't part of the ANR update? That confirms that this indeed was not Charlie's doing, but from what I can gather from Maxwell's context, it would seem he thinks She didn't make Klaus as most of Charlie's creations were of utmost elegance... (statues, moonbase, the Queen Bee...)

Well, Klaus is gonna be sticking around even after the event. But still, your theory with Klaus not being as elegant as her other creations makes a good point and could be a possibility.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

With default, all events will come and go as we see fit, including being added to existing worlds.
Setting it to an event will force the event to remain on forever in that world and ignore any future events that we enable. 
None will also prevent all events that we enable from entering your world.

I didn't understand this around Halloween and I made a world with Hallowed Nights set to on when I guess what I really wanted was for it to be default.  Is there any way to change it to default?  I feel like there should be since events get added and removed from existing worlds normally.

Okay, spawning/killing, boss fighting strategies yada yada TREEEEEE!!!

(grabs nearest forumer by the collar and shakes them) WHERE GET TREE?  AND DECORATIONS?  NEED FOR BASE!

Seriously, though, it ain't Winter Feast time without some pretty festive stuff.  Funny thing:  I used to deliberately put/leave a pine tree right in the middle of camp as my "shelter tree" all the time (shade/rain).  I gave up on it for Together because everybody just sees it as an ordinary resource and chops it down.  But, wouldn't it be cool to have my centerpiece shelter-tree again...and _decorate_ it?

Also pretty wrapping paper.  How get.  Is bundling wrap with new ingredient?

Festive update make me no word good.

As for the fruitcake, Willow totally does the Wigfrid thing!  You know, with the tongue, and the strumming-air-banjo "This is no food for a warrior!" thing.  First time I've ever seen another character do that!  (Well, aside from Winnie if you try to feed her meat, but as a mod character she doesn't count.)

Her CAT, however, ate that thing just fine.  Don't know what that means, but keep an eye on the kitcoons...

EDIT:  If the Klaus sack thing only spawns in winter, I gotta be _quick_.  I randomised the seasons...and on my current world, winter is only FIVE DAYS!  : P

...Notorious

Edited by CaptainChaotica
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Anyone else feel like Klaus giving various drops from other bosses (including blueprints) feels like it kinda defeats the purpose of the other bosses a bit? I think at the very least the blueprints are a bit too much.

I agree, at least the blueprints should be exclusive, I think  drops from regular bosses is ok, deerlclops eye, bearger fur, spider queen hat and Goose feathers are ok, but from super bosses like toadstool, bee queen and dragonfly? any of them is harder than Klaus, how about a stronger klaus? or a harder to find sack. 

The loot doesn't even need to be from bosses to be a good "gift", I would have a happy christmas with a regular krampus sack or some thulecite as reward

maybe if you could get one single item from super bosses and the rest of the gift could be from regular bosses and even that way feels a bit broken, Klaus is a super boss anyway but I think that I'll don't need to fight toadstool anymore

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rily said:

I agree, at least the blueprints should be exclusive, I think  drops from regular bosses is ok, deerlclops eye, bearger fur, spider queen hat and Goose feathers are ok, but from super bosses like toadstool, bee queen and dragonfly? any of them is harder than Klaus, how about a stronger klaus? or a harder to find sack. 

The loot doesn't even need to be from bosses to be a good "gift", I would have a happy christmas with a regular krampus sack or some thulecite as reward

maybe if you could get one single item from super bosses and the rest of the gift could be from regular bosses and even that way feels a bit broken, Klaus is a super boss anyway but I think that I'll don't need to fight toadstool anymore

Thing is it's RNG. First time around, my loot from Klaus from 3 boxes were charcoal, gold, and a live giving amulets. The last box had some Goose feathers. 

Klaus can only be spawned in the second year since that's when deer spawn. Do we know if the bag respawns in the same winter? If it doesn't then that means 1 fight per year. 

EDIT - Which yeah, for blueprints doesn't matter.
EDIT2.5 - (The fighting intervals that is, so long as you get good RNG.)
EDIT2 - And I have gotten a regular Krampus sack from one the boxes before.

Edited by Zeklo
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, t1morino88eex said:

"Klaus will remain after the event."

Thank you, it only needed 15 hours to pass to get an answer from someone officially from Klei.

11 hours ago, gabblox said:

It looks like he'll be an optional boss after the event. 

11 hours ago, Rily said:

Sorry but I miss something, is this awesome new boss just an event?, after holydays he and all this content will disappear like the halloween stuff? or this content will be optional? I really would like to keep Klaus as an optional boss

I said it myself not too long before you guys asked. All he and the deers get in christmas is a new look, other than that they exist the exact same way normally(save for christmas drops ofc but thats obvious).

2 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Anyone else feel like Klaus giving various drops from other bosses (including blueprints) feels like it kinda defeats the purpose of the other bosses a bit? I think at the very least the blueprints are a bit too much.

In addition to what @Zeklo said, it's not just rng and only happens on the second year onwards and when the sack respawns. I love this, it's another chance at cool rewards(chance for trash ones though, alongside decent and FRIGGIN KRAMPUS SACKS THAT'S ALREADY WINNING ME OVER BECAUSE WE NEEDED A GOOD WAY TO GET THEM IN DST) when the respective bosses need to respawn. Or if you want Bee Queen's Hat/1 royal jelly because Klaus is actually worth that compared to her multiple jellies and honeycombs since she's too much effort.

7 hours ago, fluxpinner said:

I didn't understand this around Halloween and I made a world with Hallowed Nights set to on when I guess what I really wanted was for it to be default.  Is there any way to change it to default?  I feel like there should be since events get added and removed from existing worlds normally.

Type this in the console:

ApplySpecialEvent("default")

• Like 1

Looks like you missed this post one page back:

Totally agree with:

4 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

It's a notch too much and defeats the purpose of fighting bosses or even trying to get a sack by raising your naughtiness level by killing innocent creatures.

Edited by cezarica