[Game Update] - Winter's Feast (BETA 199914)

2 hours ago, BluesyBuesy said:

It looks like Klaus' sack is spawned some time between day 20 to 24 if the starting season is autumn, so the sack will not spawn in the initial winter of a winter start. Is this correct? I guess this is because it's tied to the deer herd and migration stuff which also starts in autumn. Any chance you guys could put in an exception for winter starts? Spawn the deers midway through their migration patterns or something? 

p.s. here's a minor graphical bug I came across:

Is this a ninja update?? I have no idea what is going on here..

7 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

A boss that requires you to keep the deer alive. At least if you wanna better time. I like it.

Many oblivious players will die to this. Heck they're gonna die by accidentally spawning them xD. 

Amazing.

I bet once some of the angry kids find out how to kill it with 2~3 darkswords, they are gona cry too easy again:C

1 hour ago, Ashkain said:

OH GOD. Can we please talk about how absolutely horrifying Klaus looks? Euguhg.. His face stitches and claws and gaping maw chest just... send shivers down my spine. I hate him but love it at the same time..

Oh yes. Especially the stitches. Who did them? Charlie? And why?

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Zhuzha said:

Oh yes. Especially the stitches. Who did them? Charlie? And why?

Maybe he did it himself. You can't go insane if you can't see it!

Also explains why his deer have bells on their collar, they're like his guide dogs!

Edited by Ashkain
  • Like 7

10 minutes ago, Cha0Z said:

What is the difference of customizing the event option in the world generation as Default or Winters Feast?

Currently, I believe the Winter's Feast is default considering the date, but once the date passes you'll need to manually turn it on if you wish to have it.

• Developer
2 minutes ago, Cha0Z said:

What is the difference of customizing the event option in the world generation as Default or Winters Feast?

With default, all events will come and go as we see fit, including being added to existing worlds.
Setting it to an event will force the event to remain on forever in that world and ignore any future events that we enable. 
None will also prevent all events that we enable from entering your world.

• Like 10

12 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

With default, all events will come and go as we see fit, including being added to existing worlds.
Setting it to an event will force the event to remain on forever in that world and ignore any future events that we enable. 
None will also prevent all events that we enable from entering your world.

Sorry but I miss something, is this awesome new boss just an event?, after holydays he and all this content will disappear like the halloween stuff? or this content will be optional? I really would like to keep Klaus as an optional boss

1 minute ago, Rily said:

Sorry but I miss something, is this awesome new boss just an event?, after holydays he and all this content will disappear like the halloween stuff? or this content will be optional? I really would like to keep Klaus as an optional boss

It looks like he'll be an optional boss after the event. 

• Like 1

• Developer
2 minutes ago, Rily said:

Klaus will remain after the event.

• Like 12

ETxAaNQ.png

That green bauble should be hanging lower. There's wasted space on that tree.

Protip: you can time yourself putting the lights so that they either turn on at the same time (fancy color combinations), or that you get always one turned on (great for nights).

• Like 11

24 minutes ago, mathem99 said:

So does this update count as one of A New Reign's updates?

It was said in the original teaser stream for Klaus' deer, that this was a separate update and they would return to ANR updates after.

That is what was said. I can't personally guarantee its authenticity. 

1 hour ago, DarkXero said:

ETxAaNQ.png

That green bauble should be hanging lower. There's wasted space on that tree.

Protip: you can time yourself putting the lights so that they either turn on at the same time (fancy color combinations), or that you get always one turned on (great for nights).

and the star is missing, would be great if we could use a dwarf star