[Game Update] - Winter's Feast (BETA 199914)

1 hour ago, Tuxe said:

I know this is offtopic for you guys, who are talking about the Klaus drop, buuuut.... Do anyone thinks the new skins will start dropping this weekend? Today? I want to play, but I don't want to lose anychances to get something nice from the update :c

1 hour ago, fluxpinner said:

In another thread it was mentioned that the new skins will start droping once Winters feast is active on the main branch.

What skins this time? Where everyone's a Christmas elf or... THE ELUSIVE YOUNG SKINS?!

Basically my only qualm for Klaus is the lack of AoE (I understand it's to not hit the deer). The deer minions do make an aoe field per player, but it isn't Klaus' main source of damage at all. You'll take 2 ticks of freezing or overheating damage if you're actively walking out of it. You have plenty of time to exit it before they go off. The fact that you can have 1 person be taking all of Klaus' hits while the others wail on him seems kinda cheesy y'know?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, minespatch said:

What skins this time? Where everyone's a Christmas elf or... THE ELUSIVE YOUNG SKINS?!

according to the list of new skins posted by someone, I believe its going to be a yule coat, yule dress as well as, a jingly top hat and a plum pudding winter hat. Oh and a gingerbread chest

• Like 1

On 12/9/2016 at 1:40 AM, Instant-Noodles said:
  Hide contents

klaus.gif klaus_walk.gif klaus_laugh.gifklaus_attack.gif

Glancing at Klaus again... I'm feeling a hidden depression within me. He's like a deerclops but his eye and mouth has been sown shut. Why would Maxwell or THEM torment it with such depravity? I guess... The chained up second mouth is basically a way to release it's needed appetite? :wilsondisappointed:(Don't mistake my emoticon, not disappointed, just feel sad for this boss).

1 minute ago, minespatch said:

Glancing at Klaus again... I'm feeling a hidden depression within me. He's like a deerclops but his eye and mouth has been sown shut. Why would Maxwell or THEM torment it with such depravity? I guess... The chained up second mouth is basically a way to release it's needed appetite? :wilsondisappointed:(Don't mistake my emoticon, not disappointed, just feel sad for this boss).

And then some random people try and break into his loot, so he lays down his life to defend it. ;'(

• Like 1

The reason I want to keep the boss things in game is because my computer isn't good and I am unable to run a separate caves server. Klaus gives me a way to try for the Toadstool boss drops even when I don't have access to the caves. He only comes once a year, so it's still going to take awhile to get stuff that I want especially if I have bad luck. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

I think Klaus got chained up & got eyes & mouth sown because of something like pride because we clearly see him laugh when you fight him.

I think he got punished by someone (but who?) because he looks pretty warlike and aggro anything near it's loot.

Even when i examined him with Webber he saided something like he chained and make the deers suffer ')'

Spoiler

But lmao that life amulet he had

Oh and for those who say they dislike the gifts from the boss loot i guess the devs did right for the toadstool skin because lots of people (i saw a topic about it) don't wanna go caves / ruins so i think Klaus is a good way for get the boss loot from a place we dislike 

Edited by Angibot
Just think about it
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, CammoAmmo said:

The reason I want to keep the boss things in game is because my computer isn't good and I am unable to run a separate caves server. Klaus gives me a way to try for the Toadstool boss drops even when I don't have access to the caves. He only comes once a year, so it's still going to take awhile to get stuff that I want especially if I have bad luck. 

I'd be ok with him dropping Toadstool loot and blueprints if the server has caves disabled, however if they are enabled they should stick to the Toadstool.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CammoAmmo said:

he actually respawns after 20 days once he spawned for the first time

49 minutes ago, Ashkain said:

I'd be ok with him dropping Toadstool loot and blueprints if the server has caves disabled, however if they are enabled they should stick to the Toadstool.

That sounds good to me! 

@Michi01 Ah, thanks for the correction! So after his loot bag appears for the first time, it will keep respawning no matter the season every 20 days? 

24 minutes ago, Michi01 said:

he actually respawns after 20 days once he spawned for the first time

3 minutes ago, CammoAmmo said:

Ah, thanks for the correction! So after his loot bag appears for the first time, it will keep respawning no matter the season every 20 days? 

I think their is a miscommunication due to confusing subject change.

5 hours ago, CammoAmmo said:

I believe @Michi01 is referring to Toadstool, but I might be wrong.

15 hours ago, CutChemist said:

On my solo game I managed to solo Klaus using Flingo/Starcallers. Its so exciting to open the gifts! I mustve been good because I got 1x Deerclops eyeball, 1x larvae egg, 1x Glowcap blueprint pogchamp, and something a little extra under the tree :D

C7ftjJ2.jpg

How do I get the planter to make a Christmas tree? Is that also a Klaus' drop?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Zeklo said:

Basically my only qualm for Klaus is the lack of AoE (I understand it's to not hit the deer). The deer minions do make an aoe field per player, but it isn't Klaus' main source of damage at all. You'll take 2 ticks of freezing or overheating damage if you're actively walking out of it. You have plenty of time to exit it before they go off. The fact that you can have 1 person be taking all of Klaus' hits while the others wail on him seems kinda cheesy y'know?

Klaus' spell can cast multiple aoe spell at once that targets other mobs/players on within range.

14 minutes ago, Mday said:

Klaus' spell can cast multiple aoe spell at once that targets other mobs/players on within range.

Yup, I mentioned that in my post, but I'll restate it.

I get the deer can make multiple spells, but they don't do much damage unless you do something really stupid. They're easy to avoid. Taking around 2 temperature damage when avoided.

6 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Yeah, it really should be in structures. I don't see how it's connected to food.

Oh, it's clear: it's fully decorated with christmas cakes (security reserves) and most importantly, you can chop it and eat the logs. :D

Now honestly, I also don't understand its logic, but eh... 

• Like 1