Wolfgang's Character Refresh is Coming Next Week!

ngl this doesn't seem too good it just seems a lot lot lot more tedious for little to no reason to appease some people who don't play wolfgang at all it didn't make him more fun at all (this is all just on what it sounds on paper this could be fuckin amazing idk)

16 minutes ago, JoeW said:

Wolfgang can build a Gym Station structure, which allows him to work out and increase his Mightiness

• Players need to engage in a minigame at the gym and the amount of mightiness gained depends on how well they do at it
  • Players can load the gym with different heavy items to change its effectiveness

:confused: hummmm. Not sure how I feel about this. In some ways it seems like Wurt where her strength increase is limited to a location. I find with Wurt you set up all the merm king stuff to gain the followers, but you don't have much time to get anywhere to utilize them. I feel like this will be the case with Wolfgang. A gym in DST feels.. I dono, uncreative? Seems like the meta for him will just be to set up gyms everywhere so you don't loose your mighty strength. Curious to see @GLERMZ thoughts on this re-work. I'm not a Wolfgang main so shrug.

Personally I think it would have been interesting to see Wolfgang grow in strength the amount of people are around. He's considered cowardly, but maybe he would feel more confident when others are around? Would make him more of a team player.

More or less what I expected. Curious though.

His ability is tied to a Mightiness meter not Hunger, but working out uses Hunger to raise Mightiness, so it kinda just seems like an extra step. Will really have to see how it feels in-game before I judge though.

4 minutes ago, X-lem said:

:confused: hummmm. Not sure how I feel about this. In some ways it seems like Wurt where her strength increase is limited to a location. I find with Wurt you set up all the merm king stuff to gain the followers, but you don't have much time to get anywhere to utilize them. I feel like this will be the case with Wolfgang. A gym in DST feels.. I dono, uncreative? Seems like the meta for him will just be to set up gyms everywhere so you don't loose your mighty strength. Curious to see @GLERMZ thoughts on this re-work. I'm not a Wolfgang main so shrug.

Personally I think it would have been interesting to see Wolfgang grow in strength the amount of people are around. He's considered cowardly, but maybe he would feel more confident when others are around? Would make him more of a team player.

I mean there's going to be a dumbbell to workout while moving so I guess it all depend in how fast he is going to lose his mightiness and how fast he can gain it.

27 minutes ago, JoeW said:

Wolfgang can craft a consumable Dumbbell item to restore his Might on the go. It does not consume hunger and can be used as a weapon

i guess u can attack with dumbbell and raise mightiness in tight battle ? and change weapon when ur mightiness meter is full?

Wow, first time I've looked at a rework and thought:

Sheesh, that all sounds horrible.

Needless items 

Built nothing on top of what is already established

Needless nerfs 

Wolfgang was a great simple and straight foward character, not anymore I guess. 

17 minutes ago, Terra B Welch said:

I do believe a good few of these perks(like the rowing and heavy object carrying) were things @Toros wanted right?

That is correct. 

I'll want to see the numbers but it looks like Wolfgang's hunger drain is less tedious, being mighty is reasonably easy to sustain once you build a gym, and he gets less free stats.

5 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Needless items 

Needless nerfs 

my opinions summed up completely

6 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Needless items 

Needless nerfs 

klei sure surpassed my expectations with this rework, I genuinely had no idea they could ruin a character this bad and give the middle finger to people that actually play the character this much

39 minutes ago, Terra B Welch said:

am going to assume his damage will still be 2x at max mightiness.

it might be higher honestly, they do specifically mention this
>Deals more damage when Mighty and less when Wimpy.
which i don't see why it would be mentioned if there was no change made to their dmg.

This sounds exciting- kinda surprised they removed his 2x speed buff though.. Was also hoping for at least one or two Team based perks.

The less damage to shadows when no other players are around is the closest we get to a team perk. Wonder if the craftable Dumbell (which can also be used as a Melee Weapon) can be given to other player to increase their damage or if- like Walters Slingshots.. it’ll be a Wolfgang Exclusive item.

Also that new skin.. FINALLY a String of Christmas lights.

But what is it a skin for?? 

Spoiler

Pig house? Bunny House? Wurt Merm House? Maybe it’s an entirely new structure altogether?! :D 

Archived