Wolfgang's Character Refresh is Coming Next Week!

Can't tell it's a buff or nurf with the numbers not out, yet. But I feel only these changes are needed.

45 minutes ago, JoeW said:

When Mighty Wolfgang can carry heavy items faster

Wolfgang is a more efficient rower when Mighty

Wolfgang can craft a consumable Dumbbell item

Rest just feels not fun or like more chores added for player.

Anyways, all above is based on my guesses, still looking forward to get mind blown when the update's out.

people talking about nerf when they didnt release it. The only clear nerf is the speed one which idk how to feel about it, maybe klei dont want cheap speed boost since is the most important stat

anyways, maybe his damage is buffed since it will be flat (so x2 at mighty all the time) and with the new meter we might not need to waste that much time farming food and topping all the time the hunger meter to get x2

lets wait before saying stupid things

I find it interesting that this is what they decided to go with I don't think its the worst thing honestly I'd like to try it Wolfgang not being as stupidly op isn't really an issue for me he really didn't need the speed actually doing something other than stuffing your face with food is alright with me I personally would like to try it before I decide its a bad update or not.

Just now, Educated Fish said:

I find it interesting that this is what they decided to go with I don't think its the worst thing honestly I'd like to try it Wolfgang not being as stupidly op isn't really an issue for me he really didn't need the speed actually doing something other than stuffing your face with food is alright with me I personally would like to try it before I decide its a bad update or not.

All this does is make the process more tedius and require you to craft stuff, I don't see how it could be good

I hope this acts similar to how the farming rework did. A bit more complicated, but if you put in a bit of effort you can profit exponentially. Depends on what else full mightiness does.

I’m also pretty intrigued by the idea that you’ll be motivated to carry heavy items around everywhere. Perhaps we’ll get some kind of giant storage backpack, like an early krampus sack? That would be pretty sick.

Just now, YouKnowWho said:

I hope this acts similar to how the farming rework did. A bit more complicated, but if you put in a bit of effort you can profit exponentially. Depends on what else full mightiness does.

I’m also pretty intrigued by the idea that you’ll be motivated to carry heavy items around everywhere. Perhaps we’ll get some kind of giant storage backpack, like an early krampus sack? That would be pretty sick.

Oh like the potato sack from the teaser image?

Just now, YouKnowWho said:

That seems better, but again, it's easier and more effective to carry stuff in a beefalo anyways, and there's already an item that slows you down to give you extra inventory, the piggy backpack, and not too much people use it because going slow is not fun

12 minutes ago, CodexCorporis said:

you guys said you wanted the game to be harder. now your easy mode gets taken away and you're crying? what do you want?

this has nothing to do with it
they took everything that made wolfgang good ruined it made it more tedious and tried to tape it together with scotch tape he never needed any nerfs in the first place

On top of Winona 'pults being placed on almost every boss fight now there's going to be Gym equipment alongside all of them too.
Hopefully the Gym equipment has a bit of a circus-y theme to fit with the Side Show Twitch collection.

Personally not a Wolfgang main but as Splorange just mentioned, Klei did see a backlash from the community so I'm sure they will try to adjust the best they can.

10 minutes ago, CodexCorporis said:

you guys said you wanted the game to be harder. now your easy mode gets taken away and you're crying? what do you want?

people complain on every post before an update even comes out :wilson_dead: i can see why people might say the might thing could end up being annoying but we don't even have the numbers yet

Just now, balloonomancer said:

people complain on every post before an update even comes out :wilson_dead:

No in-game footage, no gameplay, just words and people are getting angry despite having not actually played the content yet.

I remember people thought the new farming would be annoying.

15 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

people talking about nerf when they didnt release it. The only clear nerf is the speed one which idk how to feel about it, maybe klei dont want cheap speed boost since is the most important stat

anyways, maybe his damage is buffed since it will be flat (so x2 at mighty all the time) and with the new meter we might not need to waste that much time farming food and topping all the time the hunger meter to get x2

lets wait before saying stupid things

You right. 

See guys next week.

jqzne.jpg.97266f712a427f96b96f434b4d446b9b.jpg

idk how tedious it will be, but it sounds like you cap your mightiness with a gym, then run around with a barbell everywhere staying maximum mighty.  The circus bell doesn't consume hunger, and his values aren't linear so it sounds like the tedium of stuffing your face as you run around is gone.  I kinda assume that you won't lose mightiness while fighting, or that its fall off will be sufficiently long that you can complete boss fights without dropping forms.

They don't say they increased his damage, and honestly going much higher than 2x would be crazy...  But I think a 2.25 or maybe even 2.5 mighty multiplier it will make up for the speed nerf.

If his damage is the same, and he's going to need to carry a dumbbell while running around... maybe a speed boost is required since any time with a dumbell is time without a cane...

i cant belive it, wolfgangs quotes about him eating things to get mighty are now all fake, HOW DARE YOU?!? you have created something weird, and alsol something weird whit proppably something time consuming, oh boy wonder how 1 of my friends will react to this

Archived